CAGcast #475: Digina

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Shipwreck reviews the NES Classic, Cheapy attends UFC and also sheds tears, and Wombat is still playing Skyrim.
Download (1 hours 19 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS

Get free post-shave balm added to your order at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAG

Free Trial Set with Subscription Plan - Just cover $3 US Shipping
Judge the quality of Harry's products for yourself!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -   Ritual - Marshmello
Outro - NES commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it should be interesting to see what gets more retweets. People have been coming out of the woodwork asking me about the NES Mini. It was also fun seeing all the people calling me a liar or saying I was scammed when Wal-Mart decided to wait 20 minutes after the time they said to put them up on their website. I personally don't understand this much hype. They should come out with a Tickle me Elmo mini, Cabbage Patch Doll Mini, etc.

Cheapy, while those tickets had a printed price on them, the cost on the secondary market for those tickets would easily have been 4 to 5 times that.  Everything but the cheapest of the cheap seats (still hundreds of dollars!) sold out in seconds, and it was easily the biggest show UFC ever did.

Has anybody here tried the Harry's razors and has been using them as religiously as the CAGcast crew?  I tried the sampler pack a couple of years ago but wasn't overly impressed.  I get a more comfortable shave using the Gillette Fusion power.  They cost more than the Harry's ones but I think they are worth it.

Has anybody here tried the Harry's razors and has been using them as religiously as the CAGcast crew? I tried the sampler pack a couple of years ago but wasn't overly impressed. I get a more comfortable shave using the Gillette Fusion power. They cost more than the Harry's ones but I think they are worth it.
All new blades and handle now. Maybe give it a shot for $3?

Complaints about the NES stock availability while Shipwreck has 3 of'em:

giphy.gif

The more I hear about the NES classic the more I dont want to get it. Low stock plus the product is greatly flawed with short cords and lagging games. It doesn't even seem worth $60 let alone what people on ebay are paying.

I find it funny that Shipwreck didn't want an NES mini yet he went to 2 stores and stayed up late to mash buttons on Gamestop's website and buy a third from Best Buy.  Then he says that his real NES setup is better.

I find it funny that Shipwreck didn't want an NES mini yet he went to 2 stores and stayed up late to mash buttons on Gamestop's website and buy a third from Best Buy. Then he says that his real NES setup is better.
How long have you been listening? Ship pretty much buys everything for his collection. He's also the only one out of the three to buy a Wii U.

Y'know, I'd give absolutely anything right now to look through a pair of pay binoculars into the alternate universe where Wombat was the one forced by schedule conflicts to take a UFC ticket and ended up pestering Demi Lovato about how he's indisputably part of the Marvel canon.

I think it's about time we have real male and female body parts in games. Sure it should say so on the box and it should be an option, but if R rated movies can have it, M rated games should have it to. I'm one of those people who believes that violence is worse than sex and if videogames are supposed to be taken seriously they should be able to show our world as it is. 

Watch Dogs 2 might've gone about it the wrong way, but there is a place for it in videogames. 

I want a nes classic, but since it is for me I don't need it before Christmas. I'll just grab one afterwards without exerting any effort.

Has anybody here tried the Harry's razors and has been using them as religiously as the CAGcast crew? I tried the sampler pack a couple of years ago but wasn't overly impressed. I get a more comfortable shave using the Gillette Fusion power. They cost more than the Harry's ones but I think they are worth it.
I decided to try them out earlier this year. I went with the trial pack as well, which unfortunately means I didn't take advantage of the CAG code (I put it in, but it doesn't apply to something that cheap and I didn't realize it until I already went through with it). Also doubly unfortunately, it was just a bit before they introduced their new rubber grips, so I missed out on that as well.

Anyways, I think they're fine. Stuck with it since I started. I'm not some shaving aficionado though; if it works and doesn't shred my face, I'm fine with it. And they are a good price, which is the main deciding factor for me.

Re: Watch Dogs 2 on PS4 Pro - Ubisoft has already patched the framerate problem and it supposedly looks a lot cleaner than the vanilla PS4 version, even on a 1080p tv (I have a 4K set so I'm not sure of this myself).  Going forward, it's hard to imagine that the Pro versions won't be preferable, especially as developers get more time with the system. 

Cheapy has now referenced crying during a movie a few times over the last few weeks. Do any of you have a movie in the past that will always make you shed tears no matter how many times you've seen it? Obviously Wombat is too manly to cry, but Ship and Cheapy? 

I like the NES Classic. I don't have a collection like Shipwreck though, I sold all my old consoles as I got new ones so I haven't owned an NES in a long time nor have I played any of these games in a long time because I don't want to emulate things. I am the perfect market for the NES Classic. I have been playing punch-out a lot and the input lag doesn't seem to be an issue, I still make it through the fights. Also, I thought my 5 year old would like it but so far he doesn't care at all, he would much rather be playing Lego games still.

I don't see the problem with nudity in M rated games. I am one of those parents that doesn't play M games while my kids are awake though since my 3 kids are all 5 and under. Maybe it would be more of an issue for me if they were to an age where they stay up late. They are all in bed by 8 though so...

I'm glad some moms are going to get surprised by vaginas in an M rated game they bought for a 10-year old. Maybe they will stop buying M games for kids that are too young to be playing them.

@astronautclaire has been dropping a bunch of numbers direct from the NPD. I think they would be worth discussing on the next show.

Titanfall 2 bombed pretty hard.

I guess I might as well for $3. It will have to wait till after no shave November though [emoji3]
Here is my experience with regards to multiple razors, similar to yours. Was always a giliette guy (fusion), tried Dollar Shave Club. They were absolutely horrible, I still have some unused razors in a drawer somewhere. Switched back to Giliette, I can use fusion razors for months and still get a good shave. Tried Harry's out (new models, about 3 months ago), and really like them. I won't be switching back this time!

bread's done
Back