* * * - - 3 votes

Gamestop Pre-Black Friday Sale (11/22 - 11/23) | 50% TIB & FREE Destiny Collection with Any NEW PS4 Purchase

#31 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

Best price I've seen on the Division. I believe it's $25 on BF.

It was $15 a couple weeks ago on Amazon, not that that helps you now, but just saying it has been cheaper.

#32 davrt  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

From prior experience, 50% trade in bonus usually never applies to consoles. 

#33 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38137 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hey Vigilante, here is the scoop on KQCC after some sleuthing :

The way it’s setup, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of King’s Quest: The Complete Collection physical retail box contains chapters 1 through 4, while chapter 5 is available separately as a free digital download. For Xbox 360 owners, if you buy the Complete Collection from retailers you’ll only be getting the first chapter on the disc. The other four chapters will need to be downloaded, for free, from the Xbox Store via digital download.

So there is a disc in the PS4 version's box? If so, I'm in.

#34 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

Was hoping recore and telltale batman were on sale

#35 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13479 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

Some halfway decent deals from Gamestop finally.

Likely in for King's Quest Complete Collection and Battleborn (if the Gamestop exclusive version with figure is also $9.99).

#36 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2825 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

is the free song of the deep a code or physical copy

#37 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13479 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

is the free song of the deep a code or physical copy

If it is a copy of the retail version of the game that Gamestop sells, then it is a disc.

#38 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:12 PM

I didn't even know King's Quest had a physical release. I'm in for that.

And yeah I doubt 50% bonus applies to consoles. It never does. I would upgrade to a PS4 Pro in a heartbeat.

#39 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Thanks OP for the deal.   That must have taken awhile to link everything!   Good job man!  

Those game prices, are they for preowned or new?

#40 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4492 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

Does Battleborn have a decent SP campaign?

#41 dreweth99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

dreweth99

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for this thread OP.  I'm planning to trade in my Xbox one 1TB and a bunch of games to pay for a new Xbox One S.

This extra 50% trade-in... is that for all games?  So, if I have, say, $100 worth of games to trade as of today's values - I should expect $150?  What about games like Titanfall 2 which is $27.50 trade in today, would that be $41.25 trade in?  That doesn't seem​ like it's going to happen.

Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks who can help this trade-in noob.

#42 bobaroo2  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

Yes unless they drop the value of the games which usually happens. More than likely you will get more than 100 but less than 150

#43 Lil Frier  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

$150 towards PS4 Pro and I get Destiny Collection?

That's kinda tempting....  I dunno...

Maybe I should keep the original PS4....

I'd keep the original one. Even though the PS4 Pro is much more than the PS4 Slim, I think it makes sense for me to pick the higher-end model. However, if I had a PS4 already, I wouldn't make a move myself. I'd stick with the base model for another year and see if there's a great deal on the Pro next Black Friday or see if Sony has a Scorpio competitor planned. It would suck if you upgraded to the Pro, then found out it wasn't very "Pro" a year later. I'm actually living that now, as I upgraded from a launch XB1 to the 1-TB Halo model, and now I see the One S as an option. I've been considering going to the One S for the minor hardware improvements and to get a new controller (the left sticks on XB1 controllers are total shit), but with Scorpio so close, I don't know if I'll do it. If I do, it's because I can then get BF1 free and a new controller (which I'd buy at BF anyway).

Thanks for this thread OP.  I'm planning to trade in my Xbox one 1TB and a bunch of games to pay for a new Xbox One S.

This extra 50% trade-in... is that for all games?  So, if I have, say, $100 worth of games to trade as of today's values - I should expect $150?  What about games like Titanfall 2 which is $27.50 trade in today, would that be $41.25 trade in?  That doesn't seem​ like it's going to happen.

Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks who can help this trade-in noob.

The common occurrence with these deals is a tanking of TiV base values for the sale. Best Buy does it all the time, too. New games (well, the big ones) tend to have a TiV of $40 at launch. However, if a game releases during or shortly after a +50% deal, you will normally see it at a base value of $27. In those cases, GCU members do better with the pre-deal price because the game trades in for $44 at the $40 base and $43.20 at the +50% number.

#44 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

$150 towards PS4 Pro and I get Destiny Collection?

That's kinda tempting.... I dunno...

Maybe I should keep the original PS4....

Do you have a 4K HDR capable TV? If yes, then I'd get it. If not, then I'd keep the original PS4.

#45 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:56 PM

So I am expecting TIV to tank Monday morning for the 50% bonus on Tues/Wed and tank even more on Wednesday morning for the B2G1 sale / 50% TIV Bonus.

#46 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4189 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

Killing Floor 2 is gamestop retail exclusive and just came out for 39.99 so 29.99 is a good price since it will be a while for it to be on sale digitally for cheaper

#47 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:11 PM

Do you have a 4K HDR capable TV? If yes, then I'd get it. If not, then I'd keep the original PS4.

Yup, turns out that it is fine for 4K upscaling but has almost no noticeable effect otherwise (due to it rendering at higher resolution, upscaling, and then just downsampling back to 1080). Which is a bummer.

#48 kV Snake   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

kV Snake

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

I have 2 games to trade in for Pokemon sun that will cover the game. I'm debating if i want to wait for the 50 percent

#49 DeadlyVirusPT  

DeadlyVirusPT

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

I bought a PS4 Pro at launch, since it's still within the return period, would I be able to get a free copy o Destiny?

#50 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6694 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

I bought a PS4 Pro at launch, since it's still within the return period, would I be able to get a free copy o Destiny?

Should be - just have to find an employee to understand it. Shouldn't be an issue.

#51 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

Does Battleborn have a decent SP campaign?

not really, that game was the only game I bought this year at release and haven't played since.

i can just imagine overwatch completely stole every player from that game.  the community is probably a desert.

#52 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:43 PM

Bought my Pro last night, the dude said there were no promos on the system and wouldn't be any this next week... and now i'm reading I could get a free copy of Destiny with a PS4 purchase next week?

Called them up to complain just now, guy working the counter said bring the receipt in next week and they'll hook me up.

I don't even WANT destiny, wife and I got burnt out on it around TTK... guess its a free "new" game though.

Doubt trade in value would be worth anything... don't even see it on any trade in databases yet.

#53 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

So I am expecting TIV to tank Monday morning for the 50% bonus on Tues/Wed and tank even more on Wednesday morning for the B2G1 sale / 50% TIV Bonus.

I don't doubt it. I'm just hoping my trade fodder from best buy arrives on Tuesday. Even if values drop, but are still higher than they are now even after the drop, I'll be a happy camper.

#54 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1095 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:47 PM

Ninja Turtles trades in for $14 right now. Should I go ahead and trade it in now? I don't know how much gamestop tanks the TIV when doing +50%

#55 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

Ninja Turtles trades in for $14 right now. Should I go ahead and trade it in now? I don't know how much gamestop tanks the TIV when doing +50%

If memory serves, usually the total value gets lower with the 50% bonus. But might not always be the case, I remember during the summer 50% bonus, couple games I wanted to trade dropped after the bonus due to base value tanking hardcore

#56 srac84  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

Does the free destiny apply to purchasing a ps4 pro?

#57 Mafiacrooks   Trolololol CAGiversary!   705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Mafiacrooks

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

Bought my Pro last night, the dude said there were no promos on the system and wouldn't be any this next week... and now i'm reading I could get a free copy of Destiny with a PS4 purchase next week?

Called them up to complain just now, guy working the counter said bring the receipt in next week and they'll hook me up.

I don't even WANT destiny, wife and I got burnt out on it around TTK... guess its a free "new" game though.

Doubt trade in value would be worth anything... don't even see it on any trade in databases yet.

Technically we were not supposed to know anything but some curious workers opened some boxes that say do not open until 11/21/2016, the dude probably did not know that, hence why he told you that.

#58 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2612 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:31 AM

Destiny : The Collection only contains the base copy of the original Destiny game and download codes for the 4 expansions.  Hence, trade value for this game will be treated as the regular vanilla Destiny game that was first released from years past ... basically worthless. 

#59 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:48 AM

^ Yup, it's 85 cents TIV

#60 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:11 AM

If memory serves, usually the total value gets lower with the 50% bonus. But might not always be the case, I remember during the summer 50% bonus, couple games I wanted to trade dropped after the bonus due to base value tanking hardcore

The base value will almost certainly drop... but with the 50% bonus the total trade in value isn't going to be less than it was before the promo. That would be stupid and would negate the point of them running this (I know this is GameStop we're talking about, but even so they don't do what you mentioned in my experience). What actually happens, and it's quite interesting, is that sometimes the value will actually go up or remain the same (maybr if only for a couple days of the bonus) AND then the base value will drop after the 50% trade bonus. That could be attributed to stealth bumps, but almost never do they completely nuke the values to the point of where the trade in (with bonus), is less than it was say the day or so before they do the bonus.