* * * - - 3 votes

Gamestop Pre-Black Friday Sale (11/22 - 11/23) | 50% TIB & FREE Destiny Collection with Any NEW PS4 Purchase

#721 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15081 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:55 AM

Just a heads up (and probably already covered), but GameStop has $50 Microsoft cards for $45 (3x$15, 1x$5 bonus) for the holidays. Not bad if you're trying to flip games into other credit for digital purchases.

Those should be at Best Buy also.

#722 davrt  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:55 AM

Is it worth installing a HDD larger than 2TB into the Pro? I heard PS4 can support up to 4TB now.

#723 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2904 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:56 AM

I made my first phone trade in yesterday and it was fun. It was my old Galaxy S4 which I haven't used in almost a year since I upgraded. It was in mint condition because I kept it in a case and I brought it in in the original box with everything included. First the guy looks at the phone for a bit and then looks at his computer and then hands it back to me and says "We don't take these models in anymore it's too old". I pull up the app on my phone and show him that they do and the trade value and he goes "Ok" and proceeds with the tradein. He then turns the phone on and proceeds to go through the settings for about 5 minutes and then goes "I don't see a serial number and I can't take it without a serial number" and hands me back the phone again. I flip the phone over, pop off the back, remove the battery and show him the serial number. He scans it and goes "Oh ok" and proceeds with the transaction. 

#724 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15081 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:57 AM

Is it worth installing a HDD larger than 2TB into the Pro? I heard PS4 can support up to 4TB now.

I don't know if you can do it for the Pro currently as to do it with the original it requires the Nyko Data Drive accessory & a 3.5" (PC sized) 4 TB HDD. There is no 4 TB 2.5" HDD yet.

#725 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:24 AM

would I buy a used 

What they did was correct. First store might have not had the rubber caps. But yes, if the controller is in any way messed up its a standard defective fee.

Think of it this way, would you be ok buying a system if the rubber was coming off the analog sticks?

Would I buy a used joystick like that? No, but I am not big on buying any type of used system or accessories in the first place.I guess my problem was more with the cost...like $20 I would have chalked up, but $50, GTFO!!..especially since its a case of  shoddy materials and not any kinda roughness on my part.

#726 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:30 AM

would I buy a used 

Would I buy a used joystick like that? No, but I am not big on buying any type of used system or accessories in the first place.I guess my problem was more with the cost...like $20 I would have chalked up, but $50, GTFO!!..especially since its a case of  shoddy materials and not any kinda roughness on my part.

Like I said its a standard fee. Doesnt make if its something small like rubber pealing on the controller or the disc drive is broken.

#727 Lil Frier  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

So I went and did one last trade right before close. Would have been sooner, but I forgot the HDMI cable on my XB1 and had to run home for it. Just got back home and was trying to sort out a mess of gift cards in my wallet. Upon checking them, I couldn't find one with my biggest balance. Checked the receipt, has the number on it. The GC says it has $0. Is this maybe something that doing it right at close (I actually got out of there about 4 minutes after closing) kept it from getting authorized by the GS system, or should I go full-on panic and try contacting them right now?

#728 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

So I went and did one last trade right before close. Would have been sooner, but I forgot the HDMI cable on my XB1 and had to run home for it. Just got back home and was trying to sort out a mess of gift cards in my wallet. Upon checking them, I couldn't find one with my biggest balance. Checked the receipt, has the number on it. The GC says it has $0. Is this maybe something that doing it right at close (I actually got out of there about 4 minutes after closing) kept it from getting authorized by the GS system, or should I go full-on panic and try contacting them right now?

I'd go in panic mode, that's terrible. can try to contact them but given the holiday, u will probably have to contact them on friday. So the receipt shows the balance on it, but when u manually check the balance online or whatever, it says $0? Not sure by what number u saw when u checked the receipt... the value/balance post-trade or just the trade card #?

Anyways... wasn't lucky with b2g1 today... none of my stores had any of the Just Dance 2017 preowned =( and no local stores had 3 of any (same) consoles.
But I'm not longer trade banned, yay!
And since I was the last person to trade for the day, I got all the stuff I wanted at GS's Black Friday prices, double yay! so excited XD

#729 Lil Frier  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

I'd go in panic mode, that's terrible. can try to contact them but given the holiday, u will probably have to contact them on friday. So the receipt shows the balance on it, but when u manually check the balance online or whatever, it says $0? Not sure by what number u saw when u checked the receipt... the value/balance post-trade or just the trade card #?

Anyways... wasn't lucky with b2g1 today... none of my stores had any of the Just Dance 2017 preowned =( and no local stores had 3 of any (same) consoles.
But I'm not longer trade banned, yay!
And since I was the last person to trade for the day, I got all the stuff I wanted at GS's Black Friday prices, double yay! so excited XD

Yeah, I already did. I sent an e-mail and have tried calling multiple times. I looked at the receipt, it has all the transaction info, and says that the new balance is supposed to be $350 and change. Instead, their site (and the phone system I called) say $0. I'm beyond pissed.

As stated in another thread, I went to place orders for the N3DS deal. One went through fine. However, the system was stupidly slow in updating the GC balance after the order. I placed another with it and a second GC, and was ready to pay the difference (probably $20-30) out of pocket, even though I should have more than enough credit to cover the freaking purchases. Instead, it was repeatedly wanting to use the full GC amount from the one I already used part of. I've not had the order canceled yet, but I'm watching my e-mail and ready to be pissed as all hell if it happens (rather than contacting me to update the payment info).

It's just stupendous work on their part to have a 100% lack of customer support as they start the biggest shopping event of the year. At least I also got my Best Buy N3DS order canceled, so there's that.

#730 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:35 AM

does the TIB still work friday

#731 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

does the TIB still work friday

Read the title of the thread?

#732 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

Yeah, I already did. I sent an e-mail and have tried calling multiple times. I looked at the receipt, it has all the transaction info, and says that the new balance is supposed to be $350 and change. Instead, their site (and the phone system I called) say $0. I'm beyond pissed.

As stated in another thread, I went to place orders for the N3DS deal. One went through fine. However, the system was stupidly slow in updating the GC balance after the order. I placed another with it and a second GC, and was ready to pay the difference (probably $20-30) out of pocket, even though I should have more than enough credit to cover the freaking purchases. Instead, it was repeatedly wanting to use the full GC amount from the one I already used part of. I've not had the order canceled yet, but I'm watching my e-mail and ready to be pissed as all hell if it happens (rather than contacting me to update the payment info).

It's just stupendous work on their part to have a 100% lack of customer support as they start the biggest shopping event of the year. At least I also got my Best Buy N3DS order canceled, so there's that.

Well last time I contacted customer service over an issue was last year in early December and didn't get a response until late February this year. Jokes on them though the $50 they gave me for the incident I have been rolling profit off it all year.

#733 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:16 AM

Read the title of the thread?

lol but does it extend to friday? no right

#734 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:19 AM

lol but does it extend to friday? no right

Pre-Black Friday Sale (11/22 - 11/23)

#735 cruzfactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

cruzfactor

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:21 AM

I tried getting a PS4 Pro w/ Destiny, but I was too late. D'oh!!!

#736 Lil Frier  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

Well last time I contacted customer service over an issue was last year in early December and didn't get a response until late February this year. Jokes on them though the $50 they gave me for the incident I have been rolling profit off it all year.

Well, they aren't going to get off that easy with me. Can't order shit for gifts (read: things I want that others can give me as gifts, really) when they're withholding 70% of your trade credit. I'll be calling them later today. And I'll call the 1-888 number Friday, since they'll probably be totally shut down today. No answer, I'll call every few hours anyway. No resolution by Monday, I'll be calling again. I'll probably also attempt to go in-store Friday evening (if the shopping dies down enough) and make an effort with the manager. I went into that store several times during the promo and probably turned in $500 or so in stuff. Dude already burned me on a refurb fee he didn't tell me about before the trade, maybe he'll be helpful if the help line isn't, once I show him the receipt and gift card.

Pre-Black Friday Sale (11/22 - 11/23)

Don't tell him the answer or he won't learn anything.