Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

If you have nothing worthwhile to post in the thread, don't post in it.

Am I clear on this point, or do I need to be a little more direct on it?

Some other good deals going on right now are the Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

And Tequilla Gundam, stop with the threadcrapping.

Some pretty lame deals hopefully they will bring back the good ones or I might be forced to take my business elsewhere.

[quote name='shipwreck']Some other good deals going on right now are the Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

And Tequilla Gundam, stop with the threadcrapping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's up with TG? "Jail time" for using the trade 3 get a PO for $5? Yeah, uh, OK...

Anyway, I had a question about those $.99 Wavebird packs. I bought two, and charged them overnight. One was a bit touchy with the adapter and I had to readjust it several times to get the light to come on. When I put them into the Wavebirds though and turn them on the WB light does not come on - unless I then plug in the AC adapter. I've already thrown out the instructions - you didn't have to charge them IN the wavebird, did you? Or did I just get 2 bad ones - seems unlikely...

My GR got PS2 Psychonauts in today - feels good to finally pick up a preorder! Of course, I should feel VERY VERY BAD according to Tequilla Gundam because I heartlessly and with malicious intent got that preorder using 2 cheap trade-ins (plus $30) :D. And I'm certain to be sent to Gitmo because the GR employee did the double-dip on the $5 bonus deal as well during that preorder!

[quote name='shipwreck']Some other good deals going on right now are the Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

[/QUOTE]

Updated the OP with this, as well as cleaned it up a little bit now that I've had the time.

Well that thread ended in a somewhat creative implode, wierd.

Any chance the OP can link to the old threads in the opening message. History is a bitch but occasionaly people can learn from it.

[quote name='stoned99']Well that thread ended in a somewhat creative implode, wierd.

Any chance the OP can link to the old threads in the opening message. History is a bitch but occasionaly people can learn from it.[/QUOTE]

Done.

[quote name='io']Anyway, I had a question about those $.99 Wavebird packs. I bought two, and charged them overnight. One was a bit touchy with the adapter and I had to readjust it several times to get the light to come on. When I put them into the Wavebirds though and turn them on the WB light does not come on - unless I then plug in the AC adapter. I've already thrown out the instructions - you didn't have to charge them IN the wavebird, did you? Or did I just get 2 bad ones - seems unlikely...[/QUOTE]

I got a few and had issues as well -- instructions did say to charge 24 hours initially, but I only had 1 out of 3 charge properly. Haven't had time to try to figure out what's going on with the others.

I'm sorry I had to close the old thread the way I did, though a certain CAG we can all mention decided to ruin it for everyone. Seemed like the most direct way to prevent the up-and-coming flame war.

It was getting big enough that it was an OK time to start up a new one.

What's your problem?

Jealous because you didn't think of this? I never remember Gamerush or Blockbuster telling me I couldn't trade in 2004 sports games, and I never remember them trying to stop me from doing it.

In fact, the employee ENCOURAGED IT, and told me I could do two of the SAME TITLE on a Trade 3. OMG maybe that Gamerush employee should go to jail! It's funny you're not lashing out against flipping, but against Blockbuster's own rules that they set forward for this promotion.

You just seem like a jealous, angry person who think he's "funny" by lashing out in a thread in which he's been asked to stop twice already.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hey moron.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Here's a post by you talking about netting $1550 from $500 from the TRU 90% sale + the EB 2 for $10 promotion:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=730812&postcount=66

And here's another post by you about picking up items with the $10 off 2 games $19.99 or less coupon and declaring you're running off to Gamerush:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=569566&postcount=118

Cease and desist now. This is your last warning.[/QUOTE]

Nice catch, and a great way to own the troll.
Trying to get this back on topic, There's a 2 games I want to get for the buy 2 get one free, Pro Fishing Challenge and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Hopefully I can find Freedom Fighters or X-Men Legends to complete the deal.

i normally don't lash out at anyone, but your posts are insanely idiotic. you're casting blame on everyone for doing a deal that GR itself promoted. essentially, it seems like you would like us all to ensure that GR gets decent games from us in trade since poor innocent GR didn't think of creating an exclusion list. your arrogance is astounding and just plain unbelievable. by any chance, are you the exec that got replaced at GR?
i have absolutely no moral qualms about taking part in the trade 3 get 1 PO free. it was a fantastic deal for many, many people on this site. nobody should feel guilty about taking advantage of the deal. i would love to see this deal return (unlikely i know) or a similar deal emerge.

[quote name='shipwreck']Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I had no idea. My GR has about eight of the CD-R packs. I think I will have to go pick them up tommorow. I was almost out of CD-Rs anyways. Thanks!

[quote name='Vinny']For the 50% off Nintendo games is it for new games only, used games only, or both?[/QUOTE]

It's only new games, and it only applies to the ones on the list.

I think the sale is ending very soon, as well.

Cmon, it even says (New Only) right next to it :p

[quote name='Roufuss']It's only new games, and it only applies to the ones on the list.

I think the sale is ending very soon, as well.

Cmon, it even says (New Only) right next to it :p[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I must be going blind.:)

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Man, I want me one of those $.99 Wavebird rechargable battery packs.[/QUOTE]

Most of the Gamerush stores around me still have a lot. They kinda suck though. I haven't had too much of a problem with mine...yet.

Well, went to pick up my Conker for Xbox (using the trade 2 games get new/pre-order game for $29.99 I did way back in March) at 11pm last night.

When I got there, to my surprise they still have the tiny circular button that advertises the trade 2 get new/pre-order game for $29.99 on the shelves. So I asked the lady there if the deal is still on, and she told me no. Naturally I asked why the heck the advertisements for the deal are still on the shelves, then she told me she doesn't work at the videogame department, but she heard that the deal is going to return for the July 4th weekend.

She's probably just making some BS to stop me from questioning her, but she said it in a straight face without any hesitation. I guess we will all find out in 10 days.

[quote name='scuba']if you dont mind me asking...

whats with that guy annoying you about trading in?[/QUOTE]

I thought I remembered him from before, but posts on the GR thread tend to go by fast - this was right in the middle of the great "oh my god can they really take away all your credit" scare of May 2005. Shrike has already exposed TG's posts detailing his own scamming (or pretending to anyway, in light of these posts). I think these help explain where TG is coming from (OK, not really):

May 26th:
[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']
I work at Gamerush....Manager says they are doing a National Bulletin to all GRs to prevent trading cheap worthless games to take advantage of deals..More customers are starting to get banned who do this..There is your warning. Your account will be terminated and your value card money lost.
[/Quote]

May 28th:
[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']
My manager informed me that the 3 for 5 is officially over..Nationwide, they are sending out warnings..I had to ban 4 flippers/scammers today Cory. I feel your plan bro..

Silly kids trying to trade in 3 Powerdromes/BG&E = BANNINATED at my store
[/Quote]

So either:

1) He works at a GR as he claims and is really mad at those of us who have used the deals, even when done perfectly legitimately (no flipping).

2) He was banned from GR and pretended to work there for these earlier posts (since he doesn't mention it any more) and is just trying to scare/mess with everyone here.

3) He is a TRUE Blockbuster shill (you're off the hook aaa :D) - though not being very professional or subtle about it.

I thought he was the one who mentioned the computers all being linked between stores and we all better look out - but apparently that was someone else around the same time.

And Tequilla Gundam, stop with the threadcrapping.[/QUOTE]

BEWARE that GBASP charger you speak of is just a charging stand, you actually have to supply the ac adapter it just holds your system sorta upright while you charge. I got excited when i seen it till i looked at the back of the box.

I've never seen cd-rs at a BB, lol they should sell dvd-rs:roll:

[quote name='io']I thought I remembered him from before, but posts on the GR thread tend to go by fast - this was right in the middle of the great "oh my god can they really take away all your credit" scare of May 2005. Shrike has already exposed TG's posts detailing his own scamming (or pretending to anyway, in light of these posts). I think these help explain where TG is coming from (OK, not really):

So either:

1) He works at a GR as he claims and is really mad at those of us who have used the deals, even when done perfectly legitimately (no flipping).

2) He was banned from GR and pretended to work there for these earlier posts (since he doesn't mention it any more) and is just trying to scare/mess with everyone here.

3) He is a TRUE Blockbuster shill (you're off the hook aaa :D) - though not being very professional or subtle about it.

I thought he was the one who mentioned the computers all being linked between stores and we all better look out - but apparently that was someone else around the same time.[/QUOTE]

I have to give my thanks to shipwreck for finding those two posts I posted up there about TG, so I have to give props to him for finding them. :applause: I was just going to use them when he spoke up again. ;)

I'd put my money, in order of believeability, on #1, then #3, and then #2. He's just being a huge jackass and trying to start trouble where there isn't any to be had. :roll:

[quote name='Vinny']For the 50% off Nintendo games is it for new games only, used games only, or both?[/QUOTE]

Only for new games.

[quote name='io']I thought I remembered him from before, but posts on the GR thread tend to go by fast - this was right in the middle of the great "oh my god can they really take away all your credit" scare of May 2005. Shrike has already exposed TG's posts detailing his own scamming (or pretending to anyway, in light of these posts). I think these help explain where TG is coming from (OK, not really):

May 26th:

May 28th:

So either:

I thought he was the one who mentioned the computers all being linked between stores and we all better look out - but apparently that was someone else around the same time.[/QUOTE]

TG certainly is spreading FUD, but I suspect it's about grabbing attention. Poor kids probably 38 living with mom. I bet he has to give nightly sponge baths to mommy.

It was "The Watcher", who mentioned the stores information can be consolidated. He did prove to be the GR DM Mark from SoCal. He was not happy that I outed him.

Someone had asked me for more info on the Sony headphones that were on sale for $1.99, so I figured I'd post it in here as well. Here's the Amazon page for the same product: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...42194-7069432?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Here is the amazon page for the Memorex disc repair device that's $1.99 as well: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...42194-7069432?v=glance&s=electronics&n=541966

Here's the WaveBird Battery Pack that's $.99: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...27520/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/103-4742194-7069432

This Recoton RF Modulator is also $1.99: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._2/103-4742194-7069432?v=glance&s=pc&n=507846

There are also S-Video cables for $1.99 (I don't remember the brand though). There's a couple Universal Remotes for $1.99 as well.

[quote name='stoned99']
It was "The Watcher", who mentioned the stores information can be consolidated. He did prove to be the GR DM Mark from SoCal. He was not happy that I outed him.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...this must be the guy that screwed me over. In effect, he did the exact same thing that got me in trouble (i.e. premptive quitting before getting fired), by mentioning the stores information can be consolidated.

May 26th:

May 28th:

So either:

Ah I see

interesting to know

thank you for letting me know

does the $1.99 disk cleaner work for video games, or only DVDs or CDS? hope they bring back the trade 2 get any game for $30, even with a POX list

[quote name='aaa']does the $1.99 disk cleaner work for video games, or only DVDs or CDS? hope they bring back the trade 2 get any game for $30, even with a POX list[/QUOTE]

On the box it says it's for Xbox, GCN, & PS2 as well. The reviews on Amazon of it aren't that great, but I'm going to try it out on some old PS1 games that I don't really care about and see how that goes.

[quote name='shrike4242']I have to give my thanks to shipwreck for finding those two posts about TG, so I have to give props to him for finding them. :applause: I was just going to use them when he spoke up again. ;)

I'd put my money, in order of believeability, on #1, then #3, and then #2. He's just being a huge jackass and trying to start trouble where there isn't any to be had. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck? Hey, as far as I know he's a great guy, but it was me who you quoted :D...

The "Trade 3 for $5 PO" seems to be ALIVE (sort of) at some BBs.

I gave my friend 6 of my TRU games and he got this at 2 BBs:
- THUG 2 (PS2)
- Fight Night Round 2 (PS2)

The first BB, the clerk scanned the barcode twice and it came up invalid (as other CAGs have reported). He tried calling someone (presumably a manager) but no one picked up so he went ahead and manually adjusted the price... At the other BB, the clerk couldn't get it to work so she asked the manager and he overrode it himself (but my friend had to pay $5 this time, no credit for trade-ins).

Some BBs in my area took down the signs but they are still up in the others... I'm just glad I was able to help my friend because he was low on cash. Now we can play THUG2 online... BTW, Sneakers is worth $10 in credit at BB.

[quote name='io']Shipwreck? Hey, as far as I know he's a great guy, but it was me who you quoted :D...[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the two old posts that show what a hypocrite TG is. I had PM'd those in case TG was going to continue to threadcrap. And yes, I am a great guy. :D

[quote name='io']Shipwreck? Hey, as far as I know he's a great guy, but it was me who you quoted :D...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, io, I cross-posted my reasoning there and didn't clarify it. :dunce:

I edited my post about it and it makes much more sense. :D

And your posts were also spot-on. Good job.:applause::applause:

[quote name='shipwreck']He's talking about the two old posts that show what a hypocrite TG is. I had PM'd those in case TG was going to continue to threadcrap. And yes, I am a great guy. :D[/QUOTE]

That's why I gave credit where it was due. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry, io, I cross-posted my reasoning there and didn't clarify it. :dunce:

I edited my post about it and it makes much more sense. :D

And your posts were also spot-on. Good job.:applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Oh, hey, no problem - I assumed you had found those posts - I didn't know about shipwreck - definitely a good job there ship. It seems to have shut TG up at least for a while :D. I was just giving you a little good-natured ribbing, Shrike. Lord knows we need things to be a little lighter on this thread.

I wonder, though, why TG was posting about taking cheap games to GR from TRU back in Dec? Did he work at GR then and was just playing along with the rest of you guys? Or was that before he starting working there and got converted into a holy protector of Blockbuster - and now is repenting for his earlier "sins"?

It would be far wiser for you to just drop that line of converstation and just move on.
Yes, some of the people said some harsh things. Dredging that back up and attacking now won't create much positive change. Unless you feel like continuing a pointless flame-war, it's better to drop this right now. You even suggest this right before you made this post. You should listen to your own advice.

The thing is, it does matter.
You control the way to respond. That's going to have a major effect on the way people respond to you. If you say something that some see to be inflamatory, people are going to react. These things take time to blow over... and if they don't the thread needs to locked and restarted. The problem is... your argument with them has killed one thread already. Even if shrike locked this one right now, more likley than not, you and the other posters will drag this into that thread.

Just agree to disagree. If you have real issues with some of them, use the PM system.

[quote name='Archaic']I like cheese.[/QUOTE]

Sneakers is probably cheap... even cheaper with the buy 2 get 1.
I bet at some point you probably have to get cheese in that game...
And then you can get one of the newer football games, and play with the Packers... They'll probably have some cheeseheads in the crowd.

Then you just have to find one more cheese related game.
I think you can pick up some cheese in Katamari, so that might be a game to look at too. :)

Hey, I know this will really cheese off TG, but does anyone have any good ideas for games in the upcoming CC $10 sale that are good for trade-in at GR? Project Snowblind, THUG 2? I'm not really looking to get much unless they bring back the preorder deal AND add some new stuff to the preorder list, but it's always good to be prepared. I'll probably get a GC THUG 2 anyway, and if I need it for trading I'll use it - otherwise keep to play later.

TG, we're simply talking about you because of your bizarre rantings and the fact that with the lull in GR deals we don't have much else to talk about. Once the next deal starts we'll be back to normal - talking about what trades in for how much, where we can get games cheap that make a profit, etc - all the things you hate :D.

You provided us with some short-term amusement but as JS says it will blow over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back