- - - - -

Gears of War 4 download always crashes PC before completing

#1 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

I usually get to about 30-40GB out of 78 before my computer freezes. This never happens for me with Steam, uplay, or Origin, or even my Quantum Break download on Windows 10 store, but it always happens for Gears 4. Anyone know of a solution? Reviews indicate that several others are experiencing the same issue.

#2 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

You can run WSReset.exe to clear the Windows Store Cache. Then afterwords, run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) in an admin elevated command prompt window to perform a Windows system files integrity check. I'd probably reboot afterwords before initiating download again just because. Outside of that, I have no idea.

Oh and because the Windows Store sucks, I recommend only downloading large programs/apps when you aren't going to be using a large amount of bandwidth (downloading/streaming).

#3 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:07 AM

You can run WSReset.exe to clear the Windows Store Cache. Then afterwords, run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) in an admin elevated command prompt window to perform a Windows system files integrity check. I'd probably reboot afterwords before initiating download again just because. Outside of that, I have no idea.

Oh and because the Windows Store sucks, I recommend only downloading large programs/apps when you aren't going to be using a large amount of bandwidth (downloading/streaming).

It worked! Thanks for your help.