CAGcast #476: CONTAINS DONGS

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Titanfall 2, Black Friday deals, Skylanders: Imaginators, Rocksmith Remastered, October NPDs, movie theater panic attacks, and so much more!
Download (1 hours 20 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS

Get free post-shave balm added to your order at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAG

Free Trial Set with Subscription Plan - Just cover $3 US Shipping
Judge the quality of Harry's products for yourself!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -   Wrong - Claptone
Outro - TI 99 4A w/ Bill Cosby

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love having a CAGcast this week!  I was one of those listeners who used to tune in at midnight for Cheapy's Black Friday show every Thanksgiving.  It was different and a lot of fun.  It became a mini-Thanksgiving tradition.  Nice to continue this is a slightly different format.  I haven't listened yet but I am really looking forward to this.

Have a great Thanksgiving guys.  My best to you and your families.

I love having a CAGcast this week! I was one of those listeners who used to tune in at midnight for Cheapy's Black Friday show every Thanksgiving. It was different and a lot of fun. It became a mini-Thanksgiving tradition. Nice to continue this is a slightly different format. I haven't listened yet but I am really looking forward to this.

Have a great Thanksgiving guys. My best to you and your families.
Oh man, so many memories. Adrienne Curry, JimmieMac.. good stuff.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving guys!

I felt like Titanfall 2 had a good amount of gameplay for the campaign. I buy games for cheap, and then move on. Was worth the discounted price I paid.
I liked the Zelda: Link to the past mechanic, but felt like it was the right amount of gameplay. Always leave em wanting more.

Thanks guys for taking some time out of an already busy week and kicking out a Podcast.  I know it made one hour of my work week go a little quicker.

Cheapy, I feel sorry for you.  Back problems from politics, queasiness from movies, tears from video games.  That is rough.  But after seeing the link @videogamedeals and your comments about the game I am going to pick it up.  Now I just have to check out some of the local pawn shops for a cheap guitar.

I really Mrs Cheapy is right.  Nintendo did not botch this release was executed exactly as planned.  They are generating tons of media attention because of the shortage or consoles to perspective buyers.  As for losing money, they people who are buying these consoles and then selling them on ebay either do not really want the console or they will buy another one for themselves when they become more plentiful.  I have been calling around to Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, and Gamestop in my area and all of them have said they have not gotten another shipment in since release day.  I am wondering if many of these retailers are just holding onto their stock for Black Friday as a way to draw in more people.  Maybe sell something at regular price that is considered a door buster.

Okay, I have to be "that guy" and chime in with a correction. The Playstation Vita has never had a means of playing the system on a TV screen, directly from the handheld. Not even with cables that you buy separately. Sony did provide an option for this when they introduced the PS TV. But this was a seperate product that didn't require the original Vita to operate. At no point could you plug your Vita into a television and play it on the television screen.

You COULD do this with the PlayStation Portable, but only starting with the 2000 model. (the second iteration of the hardware) The original 1000 series of the PSP was not compatible with the component cables that Sony eventually released. But if you had a PSP model 2000 or 3000, you could shell out an extra $20 or so and get a set of component cables to plug into your PSP, and thereby connect it to your television.

A better comparison for the situation at hand would be the Sega Nomad. This was a handheld developed by Sega in the mid-90's that would play Sega Genesis games natively, and came with the ability to plug it directly into a TV screen. It even had a controller port on it, so you could play 2-player games natively with a spare controller. Quite convenient. It's too bad that it had a very poor screen and ate batteries like a glutton.

Thats it over the next week, before the launch of the game of the year, Im going to dress as a Chocobo and search Long Island for Cheapy's house. Once found I will knock on the door for him to answer and throw a pie in his face. You better be ready Mr. D!

Last edited by a moderator:
This Switch price rumour was $250 for a standard unit, and $300 for a unit with a larger hard drive + Splatoon pack in.

Cheapy, I'm glad to have that warning about Doctor Strange. While not specific to hospitals, I have had strong empathetic reactions to violence towards characters in movies before (I'm one of the people who blacked out during the end of '127 Hours'). I think I'll wait to rent this one at the least.

So glad you put this up today to help me get through my otherwise slow & boring day before Thanksgiving at the job. Happy Thanksgiving  guys to you & your loved ones...hope you enjoy!

Oh and about those videogame ratings? How about 'Graphic Nudity' or 'Explicit Nudity' like Wombat said when detailed body parts are shown or straight out adopt something similar to TV ratings where they break the rating down to 'nudity, adult content, graphic violence'. That may work.  Yeah, if the parents aren't currently gamers I'm sure when they think nudity they think butts and boobs not full frontal. :)

Can't help but notice the irony of Cheapy telling his kid he couldn't watch doctor strange because he wasn't sure it was kid-friendly....then he gets a panic attack watching it lol. All kidding aside, glad you're ok. Great show!

I wonder after how EA handled Titanfall 2 if Respawn Entertainment is looking for any way to get out of their publishing contract with them.

Cheapy did you see the Robocop remake? I feel like one of the scenes would give you a panic attack. Definitely made me feel a little freaked out.

bread's done
Back