* * * * * 2 votes

Cyber Monday 2016 Video Game Deals - Master Thread

Cyber Monday

#61 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

I just bought Skyrim for PS4 a few hours ago during the BF sale for $25. Now for Cyber Monday, a few hours later, they're letting me use GCU. Fuck YOU BEST BUY. We should've just been able to use GCU on BF like last year.

Will they price adjust? I also bought Skyrim, Far Cry Primal and Rocksmith. Pretty pissed off that they're now giving the same Black Friday prices and now allowing the 20% off.

#62 Mistawankas  

Mistawankas

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

Will they price adjust? I also bought Skyrim, Far Cry Primal and Rocksmith. Pretty pissed off that they're now giving the same Black Friday prices and now allowing the 20% off.

Most likely they will, as I did a price adjustment on BF itself (I know, ruthless lol).

If not, rebuy the same items now and return them using your BF or earlier receipts. 

#63 aaronrodgers   Yo...Siggy, Phido! CAGiversary!   1802 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

aaronrodgers

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

Is there gonna be a better deal for a standard PS4 Uncharted Bundle than Best Buy's 250, minus the 25 for Visa Checkout and the free CoD IW Legacy?

242 after tax isn't bad and I guess I could sell the game for a little more back.

#64 GrimmTrixX   Shoryuken! CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

Of course gcu works now after I bought infamous second son, bloodborne, until dawn, tearaway, dark souls 3, and a few others at their $3 more black Friday prices. Sigh. And best buy is not known for helping me out once I bought stuff already, especially if I bought it online. Sigh.

#65 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

GCU + Visa checkout made for some extra tasty deals.

#66 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9811 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

Psyched to get Skyrim at BB for $20. For $30, I was on the fence wondering if I'd really have time to go back and play it but for $20, I'll at it to the backlog! :)

#67 Deleroth  

Deleroth

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

I was in debate on what to do. Snag PS4 Bundle for ($217) at target. BF Best Buy deal with Ratchet and TLOU ($268). Or Cyber Monday BB deal with visa checkout: PS4+COD:Legacy+Skyrim ($263). Thoughts?

#68 henhowc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

Dualshock 4 (CUH-ZCT2/New Revision) is 33.99 at Amazon

#69 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Argh. Just bought Far Cry Primal yesterday for $15.

How is Best Buy's customer service over the phone? Will they price adjust for the GCU or do I need to return and re-buy?

#70 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6615 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

Got denied on a price adjustment on FC Primal because 'it's a BF early access item', although I ordered it Saturday afternoon...

#71 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8631 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

Kinda salty they lowered the price on Skyrim + $25 off 100 x.x

They wont adjust will they?

#72 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

How is Best Buy's customer service over the phone? Will they price adjust for the GCU or do I need to return and re-buy?

It's not even worth the effort for 3 bucks. I got Far Cry Primal for $15 as well and I'm just going to be content with that price.

#73 Dr. Treye   Superstar CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Dr. Treye

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

It's not even worth the effort for 3 bucks. I got Far Cry Primal for $15 as well and I'm just going to be content with that price.

It still hurts, but I'm too lazy to protest $3.  I'll just pretend I bought an extra starbucks coffee this month...

#74 tahgir   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Their automated line states they will not match Black Friday OR Cyber Monday Sales before you even get to a real person. I hung up then because I knew I wasn't gonna win the argument. Instead I placed an order for store pickup since it's not available online. I'm just assuming I will be in the area within the next 7 days to do the pickup and return. *shrug*

#75 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

Are the deals live in store today for Elite/Elite Plus members?  Gonna be in the area anyway...

#76 Collectordragon   Draconic-American CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Collectordragon

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Mad Max PS4 is listed in stock but when I add it to my cart it's removed and says not available. Anyone else having this issue?

#77 HeroOfTime88  

HeroOfTime88

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Mad Max PS4 is listed in stock but when I add it to my cart it's removed and says not available. Anyone else having this issue?

Me

#78 Lil Frier  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

Man, I bought all this shit over the past week, didn't open it, and am now debating returning it because of the 20% off at Meijer and 15% off at Target. Could save an extra $15 on my N3DS, $20 on my PS4 Pro, and $60 on my XB1S. Not sure that's worth all the having to lug things back to stores, but it's certainly a tempting move when you add it all up.

#79 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Looks like Best Buy's Black Friday sale is over now, and their Cyber Monday sale is now live.

http://www.bestbuy.c...omo/20161127-vg

Looks like some of the prices are still updating.  A small sampling of the games from the BF sale are the same price for this new CM sale, EXCEPT now they stack with GCU making them 20% cheaper.

Time to flood customer support with price match adjustment requests for those games.  :roll:

EDIT: Not sure what the deal is with the prices in the link.  Some are MSRP, some are sale prices.

Also, there's the $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout going on.

Best Buy went bonkers this holiday season. 

Some amazing deals on there, but I have a backlog and pretty much did my shopping already. 

EDIT: EA games are B1G1 50% -- regular price but GCU works. http://www.bestbuy.c...mes-bogo-co9359

#80 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

It's sad knowing how cheap those games are, and they are all sitting in my backlog virtually unplayed. Was going to work on my backlog this weekend, but got farcry primal sinice it was 15$, and damn game made me put everything else aside. Getting my watchdogs 2 preorder Tuesday and final Fantasy Thursday. I picked up a ps4 pro last week, and literally unwrapped three games I purchased because CAG had such great deals on them. Nevermind my steam library filled with steam store sale games that I never even started. Even if I never bought another game as long as I lived, I would not put a dent in my backlog. Gaming was so much easier as a kid when you had time to play and good games came out only a few times a year. This holiday season has been the worst ever for jacking up my backlog. Anyhow, my point is, farcry primal may be tempting at that price point, but think of how many games you own that you can actually finish instead of crafting spears and throwing them in people's faces.

#81 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

It's sad knowing how cheap those games are, and they are all sitting in my backlog virtually unplayed. Was going to work on my backlog this weekend, but got farcry primal sinice it was 15$, and damn game made me put everything else aside. Getting my watchdogs 2 preorder Tuesday and final Fantasy Thursday. I picked up a ps4 pro last week, and literally unwrapped three games I purchased because CAG had such great deals on them. Nevermind my steam library filled with steam store sale games that I never even started. Even if I never bought another game as long as I lived, I would not put a dent in my backlog. Gaming was so much easier as a kid when you had time to play and good games came out only a few times a year. This holiday season has been the worst ever for jacking up my backlog. Anyhow, my point is, farcry primal may be tempting at that price point, but think of how many games you own that you can actually finish instead of crafting spears and throwing them in people's faces.

Make sure to buy yourself some DLC, fyrflash1969. 

-- Andrew Wilson, EA CEO

#82 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:42 PM

Man, I bought all this shit over the past week, didn't open it, and am now debating returning it because of the 20% off at Meijer and 15% off at Target. Could save an extra $15 on my N3DS, $20 on my PS4 Pro, and $60 on my XB1S. Not sure that's worth all the having to lug things back to stores, but it's certainly a tempting move when you add it all up.

I'm so with you, if I rebought and returned, price matched, and such, I probably could get a couple hundred back.. but that's about 5 hours I could be actually gaming. I'm guessing your time is far more valuable than what you would get back.. enjoy your games and time off.

#83 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1369 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

Anybody know how to check their status on reaching elite at bestbuy? I can't find it in my account but I know I have to be close.

#84 Lil Frier  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

I feel a bit of the same, but a lot differently as well. I similarly got a PS4 Pro last Sunday, so I have catching up to do on that side. The last couple of years, there was a lot to play. However, I feel that changed this year. I haven't bought anything for my Wii U since Woolly World a year ago. To-date, after 3 years, there are still only 3 games I am interested in for my PS4 (MLB 16, Bloodborne, and Ratchet & Clank), though Sony has quite a bit interesting me next year (both KH remasters, Horizon, and Detroit, if it makes it). On the flip side, my XB1 options have thinned out. After DOOM in May, I didn't get anything for about 4 months, until FH3 in September, and that's the only game for XB1 I want in the foreseeable future. Passed on Gears, Halo Wars is likely not for me, same for Crackdown, and even the staple of my gaming experience, Halo 6, is an uncertain pickup because of how bad the latest game was.

So, 2017 might be PS-heavy for me after about 15 years of almost solely being on Xbox, but 2016 was a pretty weak showing, to me.

#85 Dashey10  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

I'm kicking myself now for purchasing uncharted and a few other games from best buy. What's worse is that I paid with reward certificates so I doubt I could get a price adjustment now.

#86 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Make sure to buy yourself some DLC, fyrflash1969. 

-- Andrew Wilson, EA CEO

Ha.. I used to buy all the dlc when I got the game, but I now accept that I'll never see it. The only dlc I have completed in years is witcher 3

#87 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

I feel a bit of the same, but a lot differently as well. I similarly got a PS4 Pro last Sunday, so I have catching up to do on that side. The last couple of years, there was a lot to play. However, I feel that changed this year. I haven't bought anything for my Wii U since Woolly World a year ago. To-date, after 3 years, there are still only 3 games I am interested in for my PS4 (MLB 16, Bloodborne, and Ratchet & Clank), though Sony has quite a bit interesting me next year (both KH remasters, Horizon, and Detroit, if it makes it). On the flip side, my XB1 options have thinned out. After DOOM in May, I didn't get anything for about 4 months, until FH3 in September, and that's the only game for XB1 I want in the foreseeable future. Passed on Gears, Halo Wars is likely not for me, same for Crackdown, and even the staple of my gaming experience, Halo 6, is an uncertain pickup because of how bad the latest game was.

So, 2017 might be PS-heavy for me after about 15 years of almost solely being on Xbox, but 2016 was a pretty weak showing, to me.

In previous years I quit playing shooters and rts games, but this year, they really focused on good single player campaigns, and I have loved what I played out of battlefield 1, cod, doom, titanfall 2 and gears.

#88 Lil Frier  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

I'm so with you, if I rebought and returned, price matched, and such, I probably could get a couple hundred back.. but that's about 5 hours I could be actually gaming. I'm guessing your time is far more valuable than what you would get back.. enjoy your games and time off.

Well, it certainly wouldn't take me 5 hours. I live right next to Best Buy and Target. I'd be thinking more like 2 hours and getting $100-150 back. The downside there would be having to get some stuff shipped, rather than having it now, including my XB1S.

#89 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Well, it certainly wouldn't take me 5 hours. I live right next to Best Buy and Target. I'd be thinking more like 2 hours and getting $100-150 back. The downside there would be having to get some stuff shipped, rather than having it now, including my XB1S.

Your bb is much better than mine.. it always takes much longer to return and explain their policies than its worth.

#90 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6615 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

Can confirm prices ring up in store too.