Conker: Live and Reloaded...is the bonus disc an EB exclusive?

Requiem

CAGiversary!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243604.asp

Order and receive a bonus CD. Bonus includes:
Conker Documentary: Where is he now?
In-game movies
Conker Multi-Player Maps
4 songs from the Conker: Live & Reloaded soundtrack
Game Trailers
Playable Demos of MechAssault 2 and Forza Motorsport
Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last.

This is from EBgames.com.

My question is are these special editions also found in retail stores? Have any of you seen them? I might go to Fry's. They have the game for only $38 this week! (I just hope it has that extra disc)

Just save your money and play it on the 64. I was excited for this remake, but the reviews say that it is not as good as the old version. Why Rare, why?:cry:

Anyway, back to the subject: I have no idea. After reading the final reviews, I couldn't care either... Try calling Fry's though. Good luck.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Just save your money and play it on the 64. I was excited for this remake, but the reviews say that it is not as good as the old version. Why Rare, why?:cry:

Anyway, back to the subject: I have no idea. After reading the final reviews, I couldn't care either... Try calling Fry's though. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Your post makes no sense. You talk about reviews saying it's not as good.. it got one bad review from EGM.. the rest say 8.0 or something, even Gamespot gave it an 8.0.. stop going off reviews and at least rent the game.

As far as I know, it's an EB exclusive..

[quote name='Scorch']Your post makes no sense. You talk about reviews saying it's not as good.. it got one bad review from EGM.. the rest say 8.0 or something, even Gamespot gave it an 8.0.. stop going off reviews and at least rent the game.

As far as I know, it's an EB exclusive..[/QUOTE]

I read this post at 2:05 and went to look at reviews and was about to post the same thing. the press average is a 7.9

I suppose I could call Fry's but the software department there is populated by the poorest breed of retail zombies and I always find getting clear answers from them extremely frustrating.

I was just wondering if anyone happened to see it at a local Target or Walmart. But it sounds like it was an EB exclusive.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Just save your money and play it on the 64. I was excited for this remake, but the reviews say that it is not as good as the old version.[/QUOTE]

No surprise. No remake [sequel] is as good as the original N64 version.

[Sunshine

The Bonus Disc is nothing special all the videos can be downloaded online somewhere. Also as previously posted, the game is inferior to the N64 original (even the single-player is worse!).

[quote name='Requiem']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243604.asp

Order and receive a bonus CD. Bonus includes:
Conker Documentary: Where is he now?
In-game movies
Conker Multi-Player Maps
4 songs from the Conker: Live & Reloaded soundtrack
Game Trailers
Playable Demos of MechAssault 2 and Forza Motorsport
Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last.

This is from EBgames.com.

My question is are these special editions also found in retail stores? Have any of you seen them? I might go to Fry's. They have the game for only $38 this week! (I just hope it has that extra disc)[/QUOTE]

I preordered this game at an actual EB store and didn't get the bonus disk. I'd like to know what's on it.
What's on the documentary? I'd like to know what happened to conker after the game.
The videos I can do without...the multiplayer maps could have been helpful to actually play the multiplayer.
Soundtrack....can be downloaded seperately, nothing good besides great mighty poo anyhow.
Wouldn't mind having the demo of mechassault 2, but I could pick up like any OXM if I wanted to try it out that badly.

I took one from EB Games and one from GameStop and they are identical.

So as far as I know it's an EB/Gamestop pre-order promo.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Just save your money and play it on the 64. I was excited for this remake, but the reviews say that it is not as good as the old version. Why Rare, why?:cry:

Anyway, back to the subject: I have no idea. After reading the final reviews, I couldn't care either... Try calling Fry's though. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

according to your post, you say L&R is worse than Bad Fur Day on N64, & you haven't even played L&R yet. L&R is awesome, but I also never played Bad Fur Day on N64.

Yeah, people are on crack or something. They say it's "not as good" as the original. WTF, it's the same f'n game it was four years ago! It's not any better or worse at all really!

[quote name='PenguinMaster']You can find the Conker documentary here (listed as Mockumentary).
http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=248

BTW, when picking up games at EB's store you have to ask for bonus discs.[/QUOTE]

Well, looks like I missed it then.
And that's a pretty crappy policy that you have to ask, considering they tried to take on their stupid insurance stuff without even asking.

Yeah I just got the game and I dont see how it's any worse then what I played 4 years ago. The graphics are very nice now. Just look at that poo

[quote name='electrictroy']No surprise. No remake is as good as the original N64 version.

troy[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about?

i give this game a 10, due to the fact i never played the original, its funny as shit, and the GFX are godly.

I was in an EBGames a few days ago, and had a look at the Conker: L & R box. Looks like an interesting game. However, reading everyone's comments is confusing me. I remember seeing something on the box saying something about a full version of Conker for N64 was on the disc, with updated graphics and such. Is this game the same game that came out on the N64, or is there a new game, and the N64 version is a bonus (like Doom 3 CE has Ultimate Doom and Doom II)?

Either way, I've never played any game of Conker. Looks interesting though.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I was in an EBGames a few days ago, and had a look at the Conker: L & R box. Looks like an interesting game. However, reading everyone's comments is confusing me. I remember seeing something on the box saying something about a full version of Conker for N64 was on the disc, with updated graphics and such. Is this game the same game that came out on the N64, or is there a new game, and the N64 version is a bonus (like Doom 3 CE has Ultimate Doom and Doom II)?

Either way, I've never played any game of Conker. Looks interesting though.[/QUOTE]

It's an updated version of the N64 game with improved visuals, and Xbox Live play.

[quote name='Rozz']It's an updated version of the N64 game with improved visuals, and Xbox Live play.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. So, it isn't really a new game if you've played the N64 version, then.

No matter what . . . wait. It's my new strategy in game buying. Play the ton of stuff I have and wait for games to drop.

Currently waiting for: God of War, RE4, Doom 3, Conker . . . they will all be $20 in the long run.

Now is the time to buy Burnout 3 and SW Battlefront.

I will likely rent Conker . . . I'm getting the Blockbuster (Netflix ripoff) deal where you get 3 DVDs out at a time for $15 per month. We like it. Plus, I get 2 coupons for game rentals a month. So, I've rented God of War, Midnight Club 3, Advent Rising . . . now have out Destroy All Humans.

The rentals make it easier to hold off on buying.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Oh, I see. So, it isn't really a new game if you've played the N64 version, then.[/QUOTE]

Piss-poor. It took Rare 4 years to port an old N64 game to an Xbox.
No wonder Nintendo was happy to get rid of Rare.

troy

bread's done
Back