Call of Duty Endowment GCU Card Expired.

Pav

CAGiversary!
I'm sure people here remember that twitch donate 25$ and get GCU deal.

I finally got my GCU card today and it has an expiration date on the back of 9/30/16. Anyone else get their card in the mail?

I'm going up to best buy tomorrow to see if I'm wrong but I thought I'd post here and ask about it.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else I checked and couldn't find it... thanks!

I didn't get to head to best buy today but i got an email from the twitch people.

"Hello,

We are writing about your recent donation to the Call of Duty Endowment and the Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked membership that you selected. We are so sorry for sending you the membership card with an incorrect expiration date. As soon as possible, we will email you a unique promotional code that can be used to redeem your membership online.

Please let us know if you have additional questions, and thank you so much for your donation in support of veterans.

Respectfully,

The Call of Duty Endowment Team"

Looks like everything will work out and some people will get 4 years instead!

I went ahead and tried to use the card at best buy and it worked.

I'm guessing it's just a dice roll whether they renew it via the card or not.

Good luck on the attempts everyone.

Same here. I had to send them a PayPal dispute message because they hadn't even acknowledged my donation other than to take the money. Got the expired card and then the email two days later. Guess I'll try and take it in too just in case.

I have the same problem.

I haven't been to Best Buy with the expired card yet. 

It's difficult enough for them to even understand what GCU is in the first place.

I hope that our Veterans didn't get a check with our donations that is expired or post dated to the year 3016.

I haven't received my new code yet but I don't have any reason to doubt them at this point.

If you guys get the new code in your email let me know. I'll post here when I get it

Just got my email today with the promotional code for 2 more years of GCU

"[SIZE=12.8px]Thank you so much for making a donation to the Call of Duty Endowment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]There has been some confusion around the Gamers Club Unlocked cards that we would like to apologize for and help clear up. The cards that were shipped had an incorrect expiration date of 9/30/2016 printed on them. Best Buy has tested these cards and have confirmed that they will continue to work until 1/28/2017. To redeem this card please take it to a Best Buy store and follow the instructions on the back of the card. Given the confusion around these cards, Best Buy would also like to offer you the below promotional code that can be redeemed on BestBuy.com for a free Gamers Club Unlocked membership. Please see below for redemption instructions. If you choose to redeem the card and this promotional code, your Gamers Club Unlocked membership will be valid for 4 years or you could keep one for yourself and gift one to friend. Again, thank you for your support and we are sorry again for the confusion."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Looks like I will be walking away with 4 years out of the deal. Those cards should work at best buy as it says in the email so everyone should get 4 years too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Good luck![/SIZE]

Just got my email today with the promotional code for 2 more years of GCU

"Thank you so much for making a donation to the Call of Duty Endowment.

There has been some confusion around the Gamers Club Unlocked cards that we would like to apologize for and help clear up. The cards that were shipped had an incorrect expiration date of 9/30/2016 printed on them. Best Buy has tested these cards and have confirmed that they will continue to work until 1/28/2017. To redeem this card please take it to a Best Buy store and follow the instructions on the back of the card. Given the confusion around these cards, Best Buy would also like to offer you the below promotional code that can be redeemed on BestBuy.com for a free Gamers Club Unlocked membership. Please see below for redemption instructions. If you choose to redeem the card and this promotional code, your Gamers Club Unlocked membership will be valid for 4 years or you could keep one for yourself and gift one to friend. Again, thank you for your support and we are sorry again for the confusion."

Looks like I will be walking away with 4 years out of the deal. Those cards should work at best buy as it says in the email so everyone should get 4 years too.

Good luck!
I also got the same e-mail message but don't understand how that would be 4 years? Consider that your GCU just expired or your just signing up. The one they mailed out expires 1/28/2017 + 2 more years this would be valid until 3/28/2019 wouldn't it?

I just got the GCU membership card from COD endowment last wk actually but haven't been able to confirm it's expiration date in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the same e-mail message but don't understand how that would be 4 years? Consider that your GCU just expired or your just signing up. The one they mailed out expires 1/28/2017 + 2 more years this would be valid until 3/28/2019 wouldn't it?

I just got the GCU membership card from COD endowment last wk actually but haven't been able to confirm it's expiration date in store
My membership doesn't expire until 2022 now. I had just purchased GCU before the deal popped up.

The card they sent = 2 years

The code they sent = 2 years

That is how I'm getting 4 years.

The card itself expires on that date but if you use it you will have 2 years. Sorry if I'm reading that wrong but I think that is what you meant. Everyone should be able to walk out of the deal with 4 years for 25$.

bread's done
Back