Just some advice to those camping out.
1. Get there early. And not an hour before the store opens. 6+ hours before and you "should" be safe.
2. It's cold. Bring a chair, sweater(s) / coat, and something to pass the time.
3. Go with a friend and stay in a nicely lite part of the outside of the store. People do get robbed waiting in line so be safe. Remember, security for stores tend to leave as soon as the store closes. Police may come by but they are there because it's suspicious to be at a store 3 hours after it's closed, not to check up on you.
4. If you get there and you're X in line, ask the people ahead of you what they are getting and how many. Be that person to start a count so you aren't wasting your time being 5th in line and they only have 4 of the item.
5. When you see employees coming, ask them how they plan on handling things. You don't want someone to come 5 minutes before they open and run to grab them because no employee knew what you guys were waiting for and didn't decide to put them aside for the line.
6. Call before you go the previous day. Get stock numbers and ask if they will have a ticket system.
7. Don't be mad when they say they aren't sure how many they'll get. Usually stock isn't counted until after the store closes so it'll be a risk either way to go and see if the store even has it. Assume stores are only getting at most 6 of each item. If you are 15th in line, might be best to go home.
8. Nothing, good luck.