* - - - - 1 votes

Toys R Us Restock of NES Classic Edition on Sunday

#1 spmahn  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:13 AM

http://www.fox25bost...assic/472197932

They're definitely going to have them, but who knows whether they'll have four or forty. If you're absolutely desperate to get one of these or one of those stupid Hatchimal things, feel free to join the huddled masses camping outside the store at the crack of dawn. Me? I'll be home in bed.

#2 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6565 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:16 AM

in for disappointment

#3 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:21 AM

Should we start camping now? Need to find my tent.
I really want a Hatchimal.

#4 hiru  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

I probably won't buy one of these when they are readily available in 1-2 months. I honestly can't justify the purchase over a new game. I'd definitely buy one before year end though.

#5 Lax1085   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:24 AM

will camp!!! thinking 3 hours

#6 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6691 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:30 AM

tL7z7xR.jpg

#7 Bosox3  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:30 AM

Both the NES classic and the hatchimals aren't worth camping for.  I have a classic and its ok, but not worth the hype.

Hatchimals are better suited for Easter...so if my daughters are still liking those dumb things...I'll grab one then.

Hatchimals are just cheap versions of furbies.

#8 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4244 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:31 AM

To cut into football Sunday and sit out in the cold, that thing will need to come with a real life Samus Aran who uses her arm cannon as a sex toy in the bedroom.

#9 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6691 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

To cut into football Sunday and sit out in the cold, that thing will need to come with a real life Samus Aran who uses her arm cannon as a sex toy in the bedroom.

The Eagles will probably wreck the Bengals though...not like you're missing a good game

though this guy doesn't appear confident

#10 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

Football season is already over for you anyways.

#11 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4244 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

The Eagles will probably wreck the Bengals though...

Doubt it. Too many injuries and Dufus Doug.

#12 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:37 AM

This shit is so stupid. Gonna be hilarious when the first 4 people in line decide they want a Hatchimal AND a NES and the whole line erupts.

#13 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

Never heard of hatchimals, picked up my walmart order in store yesterday though for the classic.

#14 iTz_Aghast  

iTz_Aghast

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

the Fuck is a Hatchimal anyways? I feel like i've been out of the loop

#15 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:55 AM

In their defense, I did get a Classic from my local TRU on launch day. They had 8 meanwhile target got 3

#16 spmahn  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

the Fuck is a Hatchimal anyways? I feel like i've been out of the loop

My understanding is that it's a shitty Furby with less features. The big draw is that it comes in an egg and you have to "hatch" it

#17 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

Put me in I rather wait until all this blows over category. BTW, are people buying these in their over inflated prices?

#18 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Should we start camping now? Need to find my tent.
I really want a Hatchimal.

Honestly 8pm or earlier. Monitor your TRU. I can't imagine there won't be a line and early. I can see LOTS of people lining up. These are THE hot items of the season. Best to try and ask your TRU how many they have of what you're going for as to not waste time.

#19 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6182 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:41 AM

Just some advice to those camping out.

1. Get there early. And not an hour before the store opens. 6+ hours before and you "should" be safe.

2. It's cold. Bring a chair, sweater(s) / coat, and something to pass the time. 

3. Go with a friend and stay in a nicely lite part of the outside of the store. People do get robbed waiting in line so be safe. Remember, security for stores tend to leave as soon as the store closes. Police may come by but they are there because it's suspicious to be at a store 3 hours after it's closed, not to check up on you.

4. If you get there and you're X in line, ask the people ahead of you what they are getting and how many. Be that person to start a count so you aren't wasting your time being 5th in line and they only have 4 of the item.

5. When you see employees coming, ask them how they plan on handling things. You don't want someone to come 5 minutes before they open and run to grab them because no employee knew what you guys were waiting for and didn't decide to put them aside for the line.

6. Call before you go the previous day. Get stock numbers and ask if they will have a ticket system. 

7. Don't be mad when they say they aren't sure how many they'll get. Usually stock isn't counted until after the store closes so it'll be a risk either way to go and see if the store even has it. Assume stores are only getting at most 6 of each item. If you are 15th in line, might be best to go home.

8. Nothing, good luck.

#20 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6691 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

TLDR: Not worth it

#21 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

At open just drive your car through the front entrance and have your passenger jump out and steal one. Only way to possibly guarantee yourself one.

Edit: I know some people may raise issues about the legality of this method. Let me say I only recommend you use this method if you are Caucasian. I recommend saying that you were extremely stressed out this holiday season and you really were just trying to help make your child's Christmas a special one. If you are a minority there is a high chance you will be shot on site.

#22 Kpjcelj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

At open just drive your car through the front entrance and have your passenger jump out and steal one. Only way to possibly guarantee yourself one.

Edit: I know some people may raise issues about the legality of this method. Let me say I only recommend you use this method if you are Caucasian. I recommend saying that you were extremely stressed out this holiday season and you really were just trying to help make your child's Christmas a special one. If you are a minority there is a high chance you will be shot on site.

LMAO!

#23 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6691 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:38 AM

#24 Coper3000   Gettin' Old. CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

Oh god. Aids Skrillex found CAG.

#25 gldndomer  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

sight*

#26 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

sight*

Technically you will be shot there. They aren't gonna drag you off site to do it. :)

#27 NeoMonk  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

6de42d19f73306dad7d55130ba362a3e.gif

#28 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

In their defense, I did get a Classic from my local TRU on launch day. They had 8 meanwhile target got 3

How many people were waiting outside before the store opened?

#29 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

*Is black*

Darn lol.

#30 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Brickseek is showing 3 at a Walmart about 30 miles away. Wondering if it's worth the attempt (and probable heartache).