"Metal Gear Solid sucks" appreciation thread

MGS is just a terribly over rated game. It shouldnt have even scored a high 8,maybe high 6 low 7. Dont get me wrong it has a great story and all good graphics etc. But the cam angles are awful and the aiming system is totally screwed. These 2 flaws affect the over all game play dramatically. Im no SC fan boy, stealth is just my favorite genre and SC delivers the goods. What can I say, I just realize quality when I see it. Its like why drive a honda when I can have a Rolls Royce. SC is just simply a better game than MGS. Konami is a great team. I just hope that in the future fix these problems. Cause MGS although still a great game, it could be flawless

why would you want a Honda or a Rolls-Royce when you could have a suburban?

I mean the go everywhere one before they lowered it closer to the ground{supposedly for the safety of other drivers you don't know personally and probably don't even care about ;-)

metal gear solid for the psx and below is the best ever. metal gear solid 2:sons of liberty for the xbox sucks

Psycho Baby? Wow, my name sucks. But to be honest I don't remember any problems with the aiming system in the game. I thought it played well. What are your comparisons for the game? Oh, wait. Let me guess.....

how can anyone hate MGS series? the gameplay is awesome and the games are amazing experences.

Splinter Cell had a horrible story and way too many keypads

[quote name='chess380']metal gear solid for the psx and below is the best ever. metal gear solid 2:sons of liberty for the xbox sucks[/quote]

Thats because Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was never released on the Xbox. You're probably thinking of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.

Man, the MGS name generator was mean to you guys. I guess I used up all the awesomeness when it doled out "Devastator Sexypants" to me.

"Knuckle Cricket"? how would that even work?

just want to say that i played mgs straight for 8 hours one day, all the way up to metal gear, and it was the best marathon session ever. that game is easily top 5

now heres on i like "Samurai Dingo"

this will be my name from now on.

I think MGS is an excellent title. However, why Silicon Knights decided it'd be cool to add "Slow time" to Twin Sankes is beyond me. Are we stuck in 1999 or something?

Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 were good, not great. The they're fun to play for a while, but you can only really enjoy them the first time around. It's a great rental but a poor purchase. Maybe at $15 it's a good deal if you can get substance, but anymore would be a waste of money.

I have to weigh in on this. I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who thought MGS sucked. It was just boring at times. And WAY over-rated. If I don't have to get creative in a game, or access my brain at least once, I feel the game has failed.

MGS looked pretty and had a lot of story. And people call it "fun". This is what drove me to be a Nintendo fanboy. Not that the PS2 (and I'm sure the XBox as well, though I won't claim to have played many of their games) doesn't have a lot of fun games, but the ones like MGS that get all the attention fall way short of the glory they receive in my opinion.

Ah...the good ole' days when Nintendo was in power *sniff*

I like the MGS games, but I don't think they're the best games out or anything. In other words - I buy them, but not the day they come out.

I do have to admit that the original NES Metal Gear is probably my favorite NES game though.

bread's done
Back