Gamestop premium refurbished systems

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
So I bought a premium refurb new 3DS XL from GS since I wanted a N3DS XL but there weren't any good deals (that I could find at least-- $160 at Meijers but ones near me were sold out) so I thought I'd roll the dice on a used system from GS as part of the buy 2, get 1 free (plan to dump the games to get some $ back, figure it'll cost about about $100 net after all's said and done). 

I got my system yesterday and upon opening it, I was actually pretty surprised at it's condition. It's the Monster Hunter Generations one, some cosmetic wear on the outside and inside faces (scratches, scuffs)... but the screens are in perfect shape. Unless I'm crazy, they look new. Not only that, but they included a charger and screen protectors. 

Does anyone know if they're super anal about these premium refurb systems when they select them to sell online or are they replacing the screens? Not sure how easy that is but I just can't picture a screen that flawless on a used system. 

I bought a PSP GO prem refurb from them a few years back and while it was definitely cosmetically worn, the screen was flawless.  I just assumed they must have replaced the screen...of course its always possible the previous owner had a screen protector on it,

Well, everytime I order from Gamestop online, I never expect anything much, yet they exceed my expectations. I ordered a N64 controller, thought I would get a broken gray one, but got a fantastic Atomic Blue one. Bought a Zelda GBA game, turns out to be legit. I guess some parts of the business are actually working.

GS is very hit/miss with online purchases but this holiday has been pretty good to me. Besides my N3DS XL, which I'm very happy with, I ordered some other older Wii/PS3 games with another B2G1F order and was very happy with those as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back