* * * * * 3 votes

Costco Xbox Elite Contoller

#91 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

https://www.yelp.com...lay-los-angeles

Ah ok. There's a store in Michigan with the same name except it only has a 1- star average on Yelp :P

#92 Macanuto  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Thank you for the pic, Macanuto! Was able to price match at BB because of it. I also got the gift card, as well. I hadn't planned on it and didn't mention it. It automatically rings up at the end of the transaction. Might help if you wait until then before you bring it up. I do think their PM policy is either/or when it comes to gift cards in addition to PM, so YMMV.

You are welcome! I did knew about the GV but didnt mentioned to the employee since the computer bring it automatic. Hope more people get lucky

#93 Macanuto  

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the picture.  I was able to PM it at Best Buy for $99.99, but they didn't allow me to get the $30 gift card as well.  The manager said it was one or the other and that the system wouldn't allow for both.

You are welcome. Sorry uoundidnt got the GC. To me
It was brought automatic.

#94 Haveaquarter  

Haveaquarter

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

BB just told me they do not price match Costco. O well...

Just keep calling until you find somebody that does. Then don't get off the phone until you get a case # and email confirming the price adjustment. Found the right person on my 4th call.

#95 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

You are welcome. Sorry uoundidnt got the GC. To me
It was brought automatic.

I just went back tonight to the Customer Service desk because I forgot to ask for the 2-year warranty.  For the hell of it, I just brought up how people were getting the PM and the gift card all in the same transaction.  The lady looked into it for me and she just did a simple return and repurchase with the gift card included.  She said it should have been automatic and apologized for the incident.  I was able to use the gift card towards the warranty too.  Thanks again, pretty good deal.

#96 Jrod87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

Was able to get it price match with the gift card. Fantastic deal on this controller

#97 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

I just went back tonight to the Customer Service desk because I forgot to ask for the 2-year warranty.  For the hell of it, I just brought up how people were getting the PM and the gift card all in the same transaction.  The lady looked into it for me and she just did a simple return and repurchase with the gift card included.  She said it should have been automatic and apologized for the incident.  I was able to use the gift card towards the warranty too.  Thanks again, pretty good deal.

Which BB?

#98 Jrod87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

Yeah, do not buy this controller without the warranty. That 90 day warranty with MS is a joke

#99 davidkibler33   CAG OG Validating   91 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

davidkibler33

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

I price matched at Best Buy and even was able to get in the promotion for getting a $30 gift card. Even better I was allowed to use the $30 gift card to buy the 2 year extended guaranty. Pics available if needed.

this is awesome !

#100 davidkibler33   CAG OG Validating   91 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

davidkibler33

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

How exactly is this controller better?  It's not going to enable you to outperform someone with a standard controller.  It's sad to see someone with their $600 4k monitor, $120 controller, $250 headset, $100 gaming glasses plus who know what else get destroyed over and over again in FPS games when all they needed was a cheap monitor and a standard controller. People need to step back and really look at if these expenditures on all this equipment is really going to help them.

This thread isn't for you Mom, now go make me a sandwhich

#101 Kstyle   Sony Fan boy CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

$70 for Elite controller sounds like steal,

I will go to best buy and grab one if I can

#102 gregleg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

No dice at my BB - they accepted the price match but said they couldn't do the gift card on top of it. Torn between trying another BB or just getting it at Costco for the better return policy.

#103 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

Which BB?

The one all the way down in Otay Ranch.

No dice at my BB - they accepted the price match but said they couldn't do the gift card on top of it. Torn between trying another BB or just getting it at Costco for the better return policy.

I guess it really depends on who is helping you.  The gift card did pop up automatically for me at the customer service desk even though it was a PM, however, at the normal check out registers it voided the gift card.  Don't know if there is any real difference between the two, but I guess it's worth a try if you're in the area.

#104 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   648 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

My coworker went to the Best Buy near our office and was able to get the Elite Controller for $99 AND get the Gift Card.

He still has his receipt; do you think if he went with me and showed them his transaction receipt, that they could do the same for me?

#105 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

My store won't pm costco due to the elite controller not being on sale on costco.com. They also won't call the store lol

#106 The Carrot Cake Kid   Luvs Creamy Frosting CAGiversary!   1499 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

The Carrot Cake Kid

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

He still has his receipt; do you think if he went with me and showed them his transaction receipt, that they could do the same for me?

Maybe?

#107 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

My store won't pm costco due to the elite controller not being on sale on costco.com. They also won't call the store lol

I PMed it in Fairlawn with no issues.

I assume you were trying at Chapel Hill?

#108 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

My coworker went to the Best Buy near our office and was able to get the Elite Controller for $99 AND get the Gift Card.

Why woudn't you just go to the same store and try it? Why would you call a bunch of attention to yourself by taking an extra person with you and parading their receipt around like you're trying to do something shady? That's just stupidity.

#109 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   648 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

What do people mean when they say that they "PMed" the store? Usually PM means "private message", but how do you private message the store?

#110 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   648 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

Why woudn't you just go to the same store and try it? Why would you call a bunch of attention to yourself by taking an extra person with you and parading their receipt around like you're trying to do something shady? That's just stupidity.

You have a point.

#111 Haveaquarter  

Haveaquarter

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

What do people mean when they say that they "PMed" the store? Usually PM means "private message", but how do you private message the store?

Context is your friend.

#112 Kstyle   Sony Fan boy CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

I manged to get this deal on Best buy,

they first told me " We don't call other store to price match ", I showed them the picture that was posted here,

he still wasn't convinced they can actually call other store to price match.. 

but some nice Geek Squad member over heard us and said, " yes, when item isn't shown online we can call and check "

so we did!

Costco said it was 99.99 so I got it for 99.99 + free 30 gift card

$30 gift card was shown no where, but it appeared automatically.

I also got 2 year warranty for 14.99, 

overall I am quite happy about this deal,

edit: they said I need to be a Costco member to Price match, and wanted to see my Costco ID 

#113 Mikeatris   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Mikeatris

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Got BB to price match with no questions asked. Walked in and walked right out

#114 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

I PMed it in Fairlawn with no issues.

I assume you were trying at Chapel Hill?

Yup, I will try fairlawn tomorrow. Thanks.

#115 Macanuto  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

please explain how the price matched it

I simply showed them the pic I posted with the date and the adjusted the price

#116 Mikeatris   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Mikeatris

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

If you are in Atlanta, go to the Buford store. I got the controller and went to customer service. Told the very nice lady I wanted to PM from Costco. Showed her the pic and no questions asked got it for $106 w/tax and the GC. Walked in, walked out

#117 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:52 AM

Took me 3 Best Buy's but got it to come through on my last stop. The guy went online and found it on Costcos site some how not sure if you got to be a member to find it. But it's still listed at 119.99 there but was much easier to get it down to the 99.99 also got the gift card with it. Thanks Op

#118 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

I manged to get this deal on Best buy,

they first told me " We don't call other store to price match ", I showed them the picture that was posted here,

he still wasn't convinced they can actually call other store to price match.. 

but some nice Geek Squad member over heard us and said, " yes, when item isn't shown online we can call and check "

so we did!

Costco said it was 99.99 so I got it for 99.99 + free 30 gift card

$30 gift card was shown no where, but it appeared automatically.

I also got 2 year warranty for 14.99, 

overall I am quite happy about this deal,

edit: they said I need to be a Costco member to Price match, and wanted to see my Costco ID 

Actually, price matching a Warehouse club at Best Buy is allowed regardless if you are a member or not. It's in their Price Match Guarantee. No where does it state you need to be a member.

Proof

#119 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

Well, I finally bit on this but only because I was using M$ own money and I actually had a reason to go to best buy now that they finally restocked some of the games that I had purchased during the BF sale.  Told the BB employee to call Costco and match the price.  He tried to pull some crap saying that you pay a membership fee at costco but I came right over the top stating that BB is in no position to not price match, given the fact that they've lost so much business of Amazon.  Before I could spit some more shit he was matching the price. YMMV on this one, so go in there knowing what your talking about and don't allow yourself to be treated like a lil DudeBro.  Don't mention the $30 gift card, just let them put in $99.99 for the price and the gift card will pop right up as it's tied to the SKU.

$100 for the controller with a $30 BB gift card.  $70 for an elite controller isn't bad.  The $100 came from some of the profits that I made for the 3 Gears Of War 4 elite controllers that I forgot I had.  Sold each of those for $300 as I had no idea they were fetching that much.  Another day.  Another win.

#120 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3001 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

Thanks, OP. Local Costco did not appear to stock the Elite controller, BTW, although I'm never 100% certain about that as Costco has a habit of moving the gaming hardware/software around, splitting it into two different locations, etc.