If you bought GCU via COD Endowment, check your email

Keen314

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Interesting. I got an email telling me that the card they mailed was expired, so that's why they were sending codes by email. I still have the card, but I haven't tried redeeming it because it says it's good until Sept. 2016.

Just my luck. I ordered the card and ended up renewing my membership online because I wanted the GCU discounts and wasnt expecting to have to wait so long to get my card.  Now I have 6 years of GCU! 

As the emailed code expires next month, probably a good idea to hold off if you already redeemed the card they mailed so you can get another set of coupons next month.

I think I am responsible for everyone getting 4 years. I noticed that the card was expired like a week ago and emailed them about it. I told them that best buy probably won't take the card. They told me that they were going to contact best buy about the cards. Then they sent out this email explaining that the cards are still good and gave out a promo code for another 2 years.

You're welcome! :D/

Interesting. I got an email telling me that the card they mailed was expired, so that's why they were sending codes by email. I still have the card, but I haven't tried redeeming it because it says it's good until Sept. 2016.
The card should redeem without any issues. Best Buy issued a statement that the cards are still active until 1/28/2017. Make sure you utilize the card by that date and ensure that the employee scans the bottom bar code to properly register the GCU on your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am responsible for everyone getting 4 years. I noticed that the card was expired like a week ago and emailed them about it. I told them that best buy probably won't take the card. They told me that they were going to contact best buy about the cards. Then they sent out this email explaining that the cards are still good and gave out a promo code for another 2 years.

You're welcome! :D/
This was known a while ago, lots of people on reddit and CAG posted about it. Hate to burst your bubble *pop*

I had to give away my emailed code because I can't make any online purchases with Best Buy (even free ones, so thanks @$$hat who fraudulently used my credit card).  

A nice gesture though for anyone who had to deal with a denial hassle.

I used the email code to activate my GCU, but I'm confused. If I bring the physical card to the store and activate it, does that extend my existing account by two years(for a total of 4)?

I used the email code to activate my GCU, but I'm confused. If I bring the physical card to the store and activate it, does that extend my existing account by two years(for a total of 4)?
The email was crystal clear, the mailed code and the email code are separate and each worth 2 years of membership

I made the donation for this, but didn't get a confirmation email, just a paypal receipt. Should i have received something by now?

Has anyone got denied at the store with the expired card? I want to try but don't want to turn it on when there is nothing to buy yet.

Has anyone got denied at the store with the expired card? I want to try but don't want to turn it on when there is nothing to buy yet.
It expires on 1/28 so don't wait long. People have been denied but that was from employees not ringing it up correctly. The physical codes scan just fine

Shit, I think I got rid of the physical card since the previous email said it was expired and Best Buy wouldn't redeem it at the time.

Still haven't received any related email, physical card arrived this week. Anybody else in the same boat? What can I do?

Could I ask what address the codes were sent from so I could contact them?

Best Buy issued a statement that the cards are still active until 1/28/2017. Make sure you utilize the card by that date and ensure that the employee scans the bottom bar code to properly register the GCU on your account.
This is what I was looking for. Was waiting until we had confirmation that it actually was working (you'll forgive me if I didn't take the email they sent out at their word). I always seem to get the most ignorant BB employees, so having this info will hopefully minimize my frustration.

4 years of GCU is definitely a nice make-up for their mistake, though.

Shit, I think I got rid of the physical card since the previous email said it was expired and Best Buy wouldn't redeem it at the time.
I bet a lot of people tossed it after either being denied or after the first "sorry" email that got sent out, which just said we'd get an email code but didn't mention that we could double dip. I feel bad for anybody that missed out

Great deal, got the 4 years for $25!!!!! Lol My mailcard was inside of the trash can!!!! XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Just upped my account at bestbuy so I got 2 extra years. Glad I didn't toss out the card. I still have the promo code they e-mailed for the 2nd GCU membership I may not redeem it. If anyone is willing to swap for the code I may consider trading for something!

Btw how long does it take to get the 1 time coupon offers after signing up for the GCU membership again?

bread's done
Back