NISA - Single Set 2 Order Issue

Tweeg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
During the Cyber Monday week NISA had up for sale a great deal on a bundle of five of their older in-stock titles at the great price of $87.94. Couldn't pass on them at such a great offer, so ordered even though I have no working BD Player. Specifically the bundle was called the "Single Season Set 2" (last years bundle was set 1) and consisted of the following five titles.:

- BRAVE 10 Complete Series Premium Edition (BD)

http://store.nisamerica.com/anime/brave-10-complete-series-premium-bonus-set

- Everyday tales of a Cat God Premium Edition (BD)

http://store.nisamerica.com/anime/everyday-tales-cat-god

- Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress Premium Edition (BD)

http://store.nisamerica.com/anime/fuse-memoirs-of-a-huntress-premium-edition

- House of Five Leaves Standard Edition (DVD)

http://store.nisamerica.com/anime/house-five-leaves-standard

- The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura Complete Premium Edition (BD)
http://store.nisamerica.com/anime/the-troubled-life-of-miss-kotoura-complete-premium-bonus-set

Well, the box with the order arrived today, but some prinny in the NISA shipping department really messed up. My box contained only four of the titles, "The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura" is missing!And the enclosed packing slip had all items for the order bundle hand checked off as being present! Have contacted NISA just a few minutes ago about this situation and will keep everyone apprised of progress on sorting this out as things progress.

Did anyone else order this bundle, and if so has anyone else been shorted one of the titles?

I've ordered from NISA all the times. Typically, they are nice about things and everything goes smoothly. But, it isn't 100%. I had problems before with them, but they were all solved nicely.

One of my biggest problems I had was:

I ordered the Love Live Merch set a long time ago when they had the merch set for preorders and stuff. I preordered it. It was supposed to be released before I was able to see movie at Chicago (because I wanted to wear it to the showing). But after the release day, I never recieved a shipping confirmation or anything. The order was still pending. Forward about 3 weeks after the supposed release date, I already viewed the movie at chicago but I never got my order. I decided to call NISA about this. I called them and they said that there was a wallscroll was causing the delay so they didn't ship it all out yet. It made me mad that there was no notification about this and I bet it was a lie because they must have just forgot about the order because they processed it immediately after I called. I received it in the mail. But the T-Shirt was missing. So I had to call back and tel them that I didn't recieved the t-shirt. I checked the packing slip and there was a dot that was most likely a check mark on every item including the t-shirt but it wasn't in the box or with the poster box. (it sent in 2 boxes due to the wallscroll being a poster box thing) I was able to get the t-shirt in the mail.

This was the most drastic/terrible experience I had from NISA Store. Everything else I bought was good. I buy a lot from them from LE video games and PE anime. I also bought the first bundle set (which was $30 for Brave 10, CatGod, and Fuse) which is oddly not a part of the holiday sale but for the spring sale).

I would just call them and talk it out. Also send an email/support ticket and refer to it when you call. It's a faster response to call instead of support since you can directly talk to someone.

Also I once had YuruYuri PE1+2 shipped to me and it was damaged. I called and I was able to get resend it and get new copies that were in best possible state (although it had a bump, it was better than first copy I got and it was going OOP) 

Did the packing slip actually say everything in the order was shipped?

The way the packing slip usually works is that it'll be checked off one by one.

If it didn't include a packing slip, check the website just to make sure it was shipped too.

Sometimes if they're out of stock, and it doesn't look like it'll get restocked any time soon, they'll just ship over part of the bundle, and then complete it at a later time.

Probably not the case, but give it a check just in case.

Yes, received a packing slip which shows all of the items from the order with every item, including the missing items (premium edition shows as two items), checked off.

The box they shipped the rest of the order to me in is physically not big enough to hold anything more than what they did ship to me though. That's the part which raises my eyebrow. And yes, I have confirmed that one the NISA website under my account that it is logged as everything having been shipped under the one UPS tracking number.

Not heard back from NISA yet, so may try giving them a phone call later on if I can work doing such into my schedule.

Just past midnight (Tuesday early AM) for me. Have heard nothing back from NISA yet. Today I will attempt phoning them as this seems just a bit ridiculous, unless they shorted other people on this and I was like the hundredth person contacting them about the same issue or something.

Well, I don't do FabeBook, but I do use Twitter. So I tweeted NISA about my support ticket and got this response a mere thirty-one seconds later.

Hi there! Our support team is doing its best responding to tickets in the order they are received. Thanks for your patience!
I'm interpreting that to mean they screwed up a bunch of orders.

I always get direct help from Facebook rep.

I mean, I don't actually use Facebook for anything else myself, but a lot of retailers nowadays have pretty good support from their Facebook front now, so may be something you'd want to consider. ;D

Just checked my e-mail. Seems the tweet got the devil penguins rolling on this issue.

Hello game player s,

Thank you for your message. I am happy to help!

I apologize that you did not receive all the items from your order. I have created a new order for you directly in our warehouse for your two missing items. I anticipate that they will ship to you by tomorrow. Although you will not automatically receive the tracking information for this order, I will keep an eye on this order and let you know the tracking information once it becomes available.

Thank you for your support! If there is anything else we can help you with, please ask.

Until next time, dood!

Support Prinny

NISA Online Store

NIS America, Inc.
Now let's see how long that takes to arrive... not that I'm in any particular hurry for it seeing as I have no working Blu-Ray :br: player... and no HDMI input monitors or television... :!: Ah, what's this? My CAG senses are tingling. They're telling me yard sales will cure this dilemma next sale season, for cheap! :)

Now let's see how long that takes to arrive... not that I'm in any particular hurry for it seeing as I have no working Blu-Ray :br: player... and no HDMI input monitors or television... :!:
Egads man, what level of hell do you live in?

No no, I'm not in hell, I'm nearly three blocks away from the nearest government housing project.

I've had astoundingly bad luck with the highly problematic, rushed to market, Blu-Ray technology.

Aside from the four Blu-Ray titles from this order, the only other Blu-Ray video discs I still own are those which are part of DVD/BD combo releases.

I've had three stand a lone players, an internal 5 1/4" ODD in my PC, and three PS3's to all suffer failure in unacceptably short periods of time over the years and after paying to have the ODD replaced in the last PS3 back in early 2014 I said no more to Blu-Ray. To be fair, of the six mentioned devices, only six of them suffered Blu-Ray read failures, one was a cheap (literally) BD player that I believe came from Family Dollar (or was it Dollar General?) and the first and only firmware update I ever tried to load on it actually ruined the player.

All of the other listed player devices suffered BD-only read failures, meaning they could still read data from CD and DVD format discs. Hence the reasoning why I say without hesitation there is an evident problem with the Blu-Ray technology. I know for certain the issue isn't a failure of the blue laser itself, which can only mean there is a problem with either or a mix of the Blu-Ray optical focus controller, the Blu-Ray optical pick-up sensor, or the Blu-Ray data decoder circuit. I suspect a mix of all or some of those as in some cases a device could determine the disc was a Blu-Ray media but could not so mush as tell me what the disc title was. And in other cases the player device couldn't detect a Blu-Ray disc at all. And in the odd case of the internal BD-ROM optical drive in my computer, putting in a Blu-Ray disc caused the computer to register that the ODD (Optical Disc Drive) had been disconnected from the computer.

It has now been two years since I purged the Blu-Ray only videos from my collection. And it has been nearly three years since I have purchased a Blu-Ray player. As stated I got the one PS3 I kept repaired (rather the ODD replaced), but I have decided I'd rather not risk killing its' ability to play games by watching Blu-Ray videos on it ever again. And last year the old LCD monitor (acquired used) I had with HDMI input on it, which the PS3 had been connected to developed a backlighting issue which I attempted to fix, but was unable to repair. I rarely play console based games anymore, and since I still have monitors with the older inputs on them I didn't feel inclined to buying another screen just for the sake of connecting up the PS3 and Vita TV to.

You have really bad luck.

7d6.gif

Total lurker here, you can disregard my opinion on those grounds alone but that won't stop me from stating it.

Op, while you seriously have some bad luck. I don't see blu-ray as "rushed".

I have 3 HP laptops with blu-ray drives, 1 Philips usb blu-ray read/write drive, 1 ps3 slim(which has seen excessive use since 2009) and a single SONY budget combo blu-ray player(think $50) all from Sam's Club and Walmart.

They were purchased by technologically inept relatives whose standards aren't nearly as high as mine, acquired at retailers marketed towards lower income households which typically stock lower-end hardware with higher failure rates. I still haven't experienced issues with any of them, nor do I believe I will in the future.

Maybe this is God telling you to move or stop shopping at dollar general if you want to enjoy glorious 1080p on optical media, let alone 4k because, let's face it. 4k waits only for the wallets of the chosen people.

I forgot, I also have a Xbone and ps4 since launch. so +2 blu-ray players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those NISA prinnies are F-A-S-T! One of their hench-mailmen delivered the missing Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura Complete Premium Edition yesterday!

As for the BD player issue. I will argue that the Blu-Ray technology was in fact rushed to market in order to compete with Toshiba's vastly superior, perfected even, HD-DVD format. Blu-Ray presently plays a mixed bag of A/V container formats (four video and 3 audio last time I checks nearly two years ago) because Sony couldn't settle on one or the other due to pros and cons of the lot. Or rather the first gen players played a mix of three proprietary video and two audio formats all under the guise of "Blu-Ray". One of the two audio formats was known to have frequency range issues, and one of the video formats was fixed bitrate, or some such crap, with quality below that of a DVD.

It was not until 2013 or 2014 when Sony effectively was forced, by some of the major movie studios to address the less than acceptable lack of standardization of the format, to acknowledge that Toshiba's HD technology had been the superior and licensed from Toshiba the the HD-DVD A/V container format technology and worked in the read interpretation capability into Blu-Ray player firmware updates. So the now most commonly used A/V formats being used by the studios for Blu-Ray disc encoding at present time is actually the A/V format standard created by a partnership of Toshiba & Microsoft for HD DVD. And seeing as in all these long years I have only worn out one HD DVD player (which was heavily used in the living room), and it wasn't a drive failure, I will again state Sony made some manner of major engineering mistake in the their optical drive system.

Now as of this morning, a solution to my lack of working BD player turned up in my inbox. Fry's has a two-day only sale right now on refurbished Sanyo BD Player's for $19.99 shipped. That's almost yard sale pricing and I didn't even have to leave the house to get it! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back