plusgamer

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

X1

http://amzn.to/2gP3hBW

PS4

http://amzn.to/2gP716n

#2 Tony208   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

So do you still have to put in the disc if you don't own the digital vanilla destiny?

#3 genesis49  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

So do you still have to put in the disc if you don't own the digital vanilla destiny?

Yes

#4 Tony208   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

Yes

Lame as f

#5 Camm  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

I'm afraid of getting a EU copy if I order... Can anyone ease those fears?

#6 HoodRichieRich  

HoodRichieRich

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

So I own the vanilla digital copy of Destiny, would I be able to buy this and play without the disc ?

#7 d3sm0nd  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I recently bought a vanilla digital destiny code on ebay, and they are no longer redeemable on psn store, I had to get customer service involved and eventually I got a digital copy of the full collection ( altho I had already bought all the dlc bundles).. They made a big mess of the physical / digital mechanism with Destiny.

#8 d3sm0nd  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

So I own the vanilla digital copy of Destiny, would I be able to buy this and play without the disc ?

no unless you get the digital version for $$+

#9 jonathanp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

I still have The Taken King sitting in shrink wrap, but still interested in this.

#10 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10672 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

The only thing different is the disc art. The DLC code for TTK plus new add ons are all on one slip. The only thing that is separate is a DLC code for a weapon.

#11 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Solid deal for a ton of game.  Destiny is in a really good place right now, especially since the Dawning event is ongoing.  Tons of quality of life improvements too!  It's a great time to jump in.  This has been my go to game in between other games for the past 2 years basically.  It has a steady enough flow of content that ends up being enough to occupy me until I move on to another game, then later return.

I bought 2 as gifts, had to have my wife use her account to order a second since it's one per customer.

Also, if you have the previous editions of Destiny, buy the Rise of Iron/Destiny Collection Digital Upgrade.  It's $40, but you won't have to use the disk anymore and it includes all the previous content.

#12 d3sm0nd  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

Solid deal for a ton of game.

The amount of content in destiny is second to none imo. Almost too much!

#13 HoodRichieRich  

HoodRichieRich

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the info peeps, I'm prolly gonna wait for week 3 of the Holiday PSN sale that's goin on right now. Only other question I really have is how long this hard copy of the game will be on sale for.

#14 DrBayrd  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Thanks I can return the one I brought from Target for $30.

#15 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

I have everything but Rise of Iron already. Is this the cheapest way to get RoI?

#16 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   951 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

So since I already have everything up to the Taken King digitally, I can't redeem the code in this version, right?

#17 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:47 AM

So since I already have everything up to the Taken King digitally, I can't redeem the code in this version, right?

I am curious about this as well...

#18 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:24 AM

Well if I have this right, based off my experience of owning multiple versions of the same game, you should be able to buy this since the base game is just the vanilla copy and there is a DL code for the expansions. Redeem the code and you will get access to anything after TTK. The previous expansions are wasted but it's cheaper to upgrade this way.

#19 HoodRichieRich  

HoodRichieRich

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

Let me get this straight, and excuse me if this is a stupid question, could I buy this copy of Destiny and just use the DL codes for the expansions with my already purchased digital copy of vanilla Destiny ? (I bought it at launch digitally and never played it again due to lack of content)

Could I avoid the disc with this hard copy or is Expansion I, II, TTK on the disc ?

#20 Jently   You are free. CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

Showing up as $40 now.

#21 preston181   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1293 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

preston181

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

And... Amazon fails to deliver on time. No delayed notification and no delivery. The one item I buy for myself, (everything else is Christmas gifts), and actually wanted to show up on time, fails to do so.

Tracking says "on time, delivering today by 8pm". The last location shows it's in Pittsburgh, but postal service shows it's in Illinois. Amazon doesn't know Fuck all where it is, except that the postal service hasn't received it from them, despite the tracking showing otherwise.

I think they oversold it, and I'm getting lied to. Only bright side is I'll supposedly be at the top of the list for the next shipment. That's not what pissed me off. What pissed me off is that they mark it as "shipped and on time", when it's obviously not.