Black Wii U Deluxe 32gb $200 - Factory Refurbished by Nintendo

Seems like a decent deal.  I haven't seen a Wii U in my local stores in awhile.  I'd expect Gamestop to have some though from trade-ins.

Really glad I was able to get in on the JC Penny deal from a month or so ago. It seems like Nintendo gets stingier with their deals with each passing generation. 

Been this price for about a year now
Hell, it's been this price for about two years. That's when I got mine.

But I will add - I'd recommend grabbing one of these if anyone's interested. System comes exactly like brand new. Lots of fun games that still have large, active communities. I thought Splatoon looked real stupid, and now it's permanently burned into my television screen. (That's both a recommendation and a warning.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather buy it from ebay than their site, on their site they say all refurb sales are final. Hit or miss with nintendo refurbs and wouldn't want to be stuck with it. They have a 30 day return policy on ebay.

It really seems that Nintendo has gone out of their way to keep this system undesirable to most. $200 seems like a decent price, considering it's $299 new... but there's no reason why it should be $299 new when the PS4 and Xbox One are both less and are not lame duck consoles.

$149 new and it would have cleaned up this holiday season, but I guess they just really are holding out until Switch is ready.

It really seems that Nintendo has gone out of their way to keep this system undesirable to most. $200 seems like a decent price, considering it's $299 new... but there's no reason why it should be $299 new when the PS4 and Xbox One are both less and are not lame duck consoles.

$149 new and it would have cleaned up this holiday season, but I guess they just really are holding out until Switch is ready.
They'd probably lose money on that, and Nintendo always makes a profit on its consoles. The cost of the gamepad has kept the price high.

That Sears $60 blowout deal a while a back was fantastic along with the odd Sam's Club bundle clearances, but this is truly absurd.  These things should be $150 new at best and $100 "refurb'd"/used at this point.  

That Sears $60 blowout deal a while a back was fantastic along with the odd Sam's Club bundle clearances, but this is truly absurd. These things should be $150 new at best and $100 "refurb'd"/used at this point.
They don't need to mark them down with most retailers sold out + no new shipments.

Great games on Wii U: 

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Zelda Twilight Princess

Tokyo Mirage FireEmblem 

Mario Kart 8 (great when friends are over) 

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 

Mario -- like all of them

Wind Waker HD

Sorry guys. I confused it with the white one which they price slightly higher I believe. Been waiting for a drop on these. I guess I'll wait for a post-Switch blowout.

They'd probably lose money on that, and Nintendo always makes a profit on its consoles. The cost of the gamepad has kept the price high.
Exactly. The cost of the gamepad never dropped...thus the price of the console itself can't drop. Nintendo really painted themselves into a corner in that regard. I would imagine that won't be an issue with the Switch since the entire console itself is the "gamepad". Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Switch is cheaper within a year of launch than the Wii U is right now.

I miss Cowboom. RIP $100 Wii U deals.
Meeee toooo. They talked all about how Best Buy Outlet would have "the same great deals" after Cowboom shut down. But I haven't seen one worthwhile thing on Best Buy Outlet since then. Cowboom used to have so many systems. I don't understand where they all go now.

Buy a used refurbished U that will be obsolete in three months for roughly the price of a brand new Xbone or PS4 with years of life left and a packed in AAA big tent pole game. What a deal!!  You know Nintendo keeps the prices of their must have games full priced for years and years while most PS4/Xbone games are $20 in a month, but at least the cost of the original Wii hardware  dropped like a brick.  This gen however the cost of the software and wii U hardware alike debuted high and stayed high. And they wonder why it didn't take off. 

These are this price pretty much year round when the have stock. I'm waiting on the white 32GB to reach sub $200, but it comes with the 2 games, so they charge $220 for it.

I've been waiting awhile for it to reach that amount, and it may not happen, but I can't justify paying over $200 for this. If they ever announce the Wii U is being discontinued, I might bite at the $220, but for now I'm waiting them out.

Buy a used refurbished U that will be obsolete in three months for roughly the price of a brand new Xbone or PS4 with years of life left and a packed in AAA big tent pole game. What a deal!! You know Nintendo keeps the prices of their must have games full priced for years and years while most PS4/Xbone games are $20 in a month, but at least the cost of the original Wii hardware dropped like a brick. This gen however the cost of the software and wii U hardware alike debuted high and stayed high. And they wonder why it didn't take off.
I would assume anybody buying a Wii U this late in its life (like I did) knows what they're getting into and is buying it for the purpose of enjoying the great first party games that were made for it.

I don't see what PS4/XB1 has to do with that. Put your e-penis away and let people enjoy the games they want to enjoy.

Buy a used refurbished U that will be obsolete in three months for roughly the price of a brand new Xbone or PS4 with years of life left and a packed in AAA big tent pole game. What a deal!! You know Nintendo keeps the prices of their must have games full priced for years and years while most PS4/Xbone games are $20 in a month, but at least the cost of the original Wii hardware dropped like a brick. This gen however the cost of the software and wii U hardware alike debuted high and stayed high. And they wonder why it didn't take off.
You mad, bro?

Such great games on Wii U and for $200 it is worth it. But it's super hard to compete when you can get a PS4 + Uncharted for about $230. 

Such great games on Wii U and for $200 it is worth it. But it's super hard to compete when you can get a PS4 + Uncharted for about $230.
Yeah, the Wii U should have been $150 or under ages ago, and they would have moved way more systems and games. Then with Zelda coming out, that would have helped move some systems to.

But I know they are going to do everything they can to make consumers buy the NS for Zelda, as getting it for a the Wii U is a waste of time for them at this point. So expect the Wii U version to be delayed, or some other BS to make the NS look more inviting.

bread's done
Back