* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy Ad 12/25-12/31: 50% Trade-In Bonus on XB1/PS4 games

#331 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

I'm not sure about their policy (GameStop doesn't accept sealed games for example), but I would open them before you go. Sealed = theft for the most part. Good luck!

Thanks, I figured with a couple of games that I bought over BF that well I know I wont get to these for a long while so rather than let them sit there, I will just trade them in for more than what I payed for it and perhaps put it towards something I can use now or later. I felt into the trap again with sales that despite having a huge backlog, I went and bought alot because of the prices but it just came to me that I just need to perhaps be a little chill with all of this and perhaps adopt this CAG lifestyle albeit a bit more organized in a sense. 

#332 gogomo  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

...I felt into the trap again with sales that despite having a huge backlog, I went and bought alot because of the prices but it just came to me that I just need to perhaps be a little chill with all of this and perhaps adopt this CAG lifestyle albeit a bit more organized in a sense. 

But the CAG lifestyle is to buy games when they're on sale and never play them, and then when they go sale again for an even lower price, complain about how your copy is still sitting on the shelf in its shrinkwrap!

#333 Gaming_Geek  

Gaming_Geek

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

Sorry if this was asked already, but does BB accept games with cases that have "Not for resale" where the barcode is? I know they put their own on later, but I wasn't sure. Also, for the 50% trade in plus the 10% for gcu, how do they add that? Do they do give the 10% after they add the 50% or do they do 50% of the value and then 10% of the value then add them on together? Thanks

#334 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6559 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

Sorry if this was asked already, but does BB accept games with cases that have "Not for resale" where the barcode is? I know they put their own on later, but I wasn't sure. Also, for the 50% trade in plus the 10% for gcu, how do they add that? Do they do give the 10% after they add the 50% or do they do 50% of the value and then 10% of the value then add them on together? Thanks

1- just trade it in disc only.
2- base X 1.6

#335 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:39 PM

But the CAG lifestyle is to buy games when they're on sale and never play them, and then when they go sale again for an even lower price, complain about how your copy is still sitting on the shelf in its shrinkwrap!

No, im referring to the part where profit is made. The last thing I want is more shrink wrap games cause in that case I might as well just invest in shrink wrap. 

#336 Gaming_Geek  

Gaming_Geek

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

2- base X 1.6

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it lowered the value there or not if you didn't have a case

#337 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

2- base X 1.6

Are all stores supposed to be able to take disc only or YMMV?

#338 Ultimate Matt X   TheUMX CAGiversary!   2911 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Can you trade the Dimensions disc? If so, what pieces have to be with it?

#339 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

Are all stores supposed to be able to take disc only or YMMV?

Should be all just like Gamestop.

#340 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

Can you trade the Dimensions disc? If so, what pieces have to be with it?

No. They don't take any "toy to life" games whatsoever.

#341 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2671 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

Is it just me, or is the progress bar telling you how close you are to myBB Elite/Elite Plus status gone again?

#342 bouda  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

Wonder why the new PS4 console bundle is still pre-order/coming_soon while it's out everywhere else.

Anyone find a retailer that accidentally put it on sale?

#343 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:50 PM

Is it just me, or is the progress bar telling you how close you are to myBB Elite/Elite Plus status gone again?

It's gone for me today. Saw it last night. I am about $150 away from elite plus with a bunch of pending points and purchases. Hope it comes back and/or I don't get screwed over

#344 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:21 AM

Once you reached elite member, is it possible to downgrade? I made a few returns

#345 h2dk  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

BB chat reps not the sharpest tools in the shed.  Purchased FFXV, DR4 and Last Guardian during B2G1.  LG was listed as $0.00 on my invoice, the other two at $47.99.  Just got a $32 refund

#346 JunJun   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:16 AM

It's gone for me today. Saw it last night. I am about $150 away from elite plus with a bunch of pending points and purchases. Hope it comes back and/or I don't get screwed over

Does the Elite Plus tracker not show real time (when it does show of course)? Last night it showed I was at 3030. So 470 left to go. I have 690 points pending. Not sure what that actually is in dollars though, given that I am GCU and Elite Plus. I was going to buy either a PSVR or a PS4 Pro (can't decide which) plus some Lego Dimensions figures to push me over the edge. 

#347 h2dk  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

BB chat reps not the sharpest tools in the shed.  Purchased FFXV, DR4 and Last Guardian during B2G1.  LG was listed as $0.00 on my invoice, the other two at $47.99.  Just got a $32 refund

Looks like DR4 dropped some more, time to get another $8 back

#348 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:39 AM

Looks like DR4 dropped some more, time to get another $8 back

I could be wrong but YMMV on getting a second pm during the return period.

#349 DDustiNN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DDustiNN

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

Wow... $23.99 now. Good thing they were closed when I tried calling a few hours ago for the $31.99 price, haha.

#350 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

I so sad that DR4 was my free game on my b2g1 order. I'm missing out on some extra credit that game is dropping so fast.

#351 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

Does the Elite Plus tracker not show real time (when it does show of course)? Last night it showed I was at 3030. So 470 left to go. I have 690 points pending. Not sure what that actually is in dollars though, given that I am GCU and Elite Plus. I was going to buy either a PSVR or a PS4 Pro (can't decide which) plus some Lego Dimensions figures to push me over the edge.

I'm pretty new to the tracker, it's my first year to hit Elite. I believe the tracker updates once your purchases are no longer in the return period for you.

Can anyone tell me when preorders hit your point tracker? On preorder or on pickup?

#352 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

I'm pretty new to the tracker, it's my first year to hit Elite. I believe the tracker updates once your purchases are no longer in the return period for you.

Can anyone tell me when preorders hit your point tracker? On preorder or on pickup?

Purchases show up right away. Preorders dont count until the item ships or is picked up. So yes, you can lose your elite status by returning.

#353 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10628 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Apologies if this has already been asked, but for trade ins do you need to have the case and manual? Wanna trade in Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 but would like to keep the digibook.

#354 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

Apologies if this has already been asked, but for trade ins do you need to have the case and manual? Wanna trade in Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 but would like to keep the digibook.

Nope. Disc only is fine and how I trade everything in.

#355 balexand   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

balexand

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

Do you get credit for your store pick up purchases on the date of the online order or the date you pick the item up from the store?

#356 Shaggy0131   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Shaggy0131

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

Do you get credit for your store pick up purchases on the date of the online order or the date you pick the item up from the store?

When you pick it up

#357 Lil Frier  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Question, the games have to be opened to be accepted correct? I have two games I bought from BB still sealed which I can get more in BB credit card with this offer that I dont want. I just want to be certain that I need to unseal them. 

Just to note, they DO have to be opened. I had this brain fart a couple of years back. Someone mentioned near the end of the transaction that it wasn't supposed to be taken. I think they still took it, but it comes down to whether the person notices or cares. So just open it and take it in.

Also, question for someone else:

Does BB not do receiptless returns anymore? It used to be that you could return something without a receipt, buy you had to use your license, and it was once per-year. My sister tried to return a phone case because her husband didn't like the color, but they wouldn't let her. IDK if it's just because she asked for an exchange, policy changed, or what.

#358 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

Just to note, they DO have to be opened. I had this brain fart a couple of years back. Someone mentioned near the end of the transaction that it wasn't supposed to be taken. I think they still took it, but it comes down to whether the person notices or cares. So just open it and take it in.

Also, question for someone else:

Does BB not do receiptless returns anymore? It used to be that you could return something without a receipt, buy you had to use your license, and it was once per-year. My sister tried to return a phone case because her husband didn't like the color, but they wouldn't let her. IDK if it's just because she asked for an exchange, policy changed, or what.

Figured as much hence why I did take the wrap off before I went to trade them in yesterday

#359 balexand   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

balexand

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

When you pick it up

Thanks for the reply. I was planning on ordering an Xbox one and picking it up next week so the purchase would count towards elite status for 2018.

#360 Bkool77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:07 AM

Does anyone know what happens if the game is not for trade in on website for one platform? I can't find the game steep for Xbox one, will they trade it in? They have the PS4 version up online