* * * - - 2 votes

Steelbook Worldwide Exclusive 2017

#1261 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

Looks like the next DC animated film "Batman vs. Two Face" might not be getting a steelbook at Target. Looks like their exclusive this time will be lenticular packaging for it.

https://www.target.c...002#lnk=sametab

And thus ends my collection of DC animated films

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#1262 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

And thus ends my collection of DC animated films

Yeah, I just can't see myself spending the money on them unless it's a steelbook.  Oh well.

#1263 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, I just can't see myself spending the money on them unless it's a steelbook.  Oh well.

You can, though it's a Region 2 release via Zavvi:

https://www.zavvi.co...k/11536087.html

#1264 SolidDante611   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

SolidDante611

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

Looks like the next DC animated film "Batman vs. Two Face" might not be getting a steelbook at Target. Looks like their exclusive this time will be lenticular packaging for it.

https://www.target.c...002#lnk=sametab

They didn't announce a HQ and Batman steel until like the week before release.

#1265 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

They didn't announce a HQ and Batman steel until like the week before release.

I think the difference here is that they are already advertising an exclusive lenticular slip cover. I doubt Target would have 2 different exclusives.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#1266 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

In other news, I had my third damaged steelbook from Target.com fullfillment, which is being done by a third party company, Baker & Taylor Books, which also supplies other vendors, plus libraries.   I emailed them when I had this third one, and it's at least gone to some other email address inside of Baker & Taylor from my initial email to them. 

I think the difference here is that they are already advertising an exclusive lenticular slip cover. I doubt Target would have 2 different exclusives.

They won't.  We're not getting a SB from Target if they announced something else.   I'll go pick up the Zavvi SB and have it be a kick in the backside to get a region-free player already. 

#1267 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

My Close Encounters 4K SB just shipped out from Best Buy. 

EDIT: Starship Troopers Traitor Of Mars 4K SB also shipped out from Best Buy. 

EDIT 2: Starship Troopers 20th Anniversary SB also shipped out from Best Buy. 

#1268 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6003 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

my wonder woman shipped from BB

#1269 gwolf07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

I really don't like how Target rose the price of their DC steelbooks to $19.99 starting with Batman and Harley Quinn. I don't want this to be the new standard just because they assume we're OK with that and buy them anyway. Better Target stop while their ahead.

Posted Image
:360:: AC:R/MW3
:ps3:: Dark Souls
:ds:: Black Sigil

#1270 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

If BB ends up getting the DC Steelbooks, they'll probably charge a $5 premium over Target

#1271 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

And as if we didn't have enough oddities with steelbooks, we now have two (2) different Game of Thrones Season 7 steelbooks. 

One has the term "Red Egg" in its title and the product link, at $79.99:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6092697

The other one has the term "Creme Egg" in its title and product link, at $57.99:
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6023909

No idea about the differences.   Won't know more closer to release and we see cover art. 

These are now "on sale" $49.99, $5 off the regular price of $54.99.   The image pic of the Red one is up there on the summary item page as well as the detail item page, the Cream Egg one shows on the summary page though not the larger image on the detail page.  I'd assume the same look at the Red one, though with a cream colored egg magnet. 

There's also a Sigil version coming of Season 7, though no pictures of it yet:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6023913

#1272 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12980 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Sucks the $10 GC promo doesn't apply to pre-orders of these. : \

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1273 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49860 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

Sucks the $10 GC promo doesn't apply to pre-orders of these. : \

It does for the Red Egg one, not the Creme Egg one.  Look closer.   You just have to find another one to go with.

I ended up pre-ordering it when it was $57.99 with the Creme Egg one at the $79.99 price, so it worked for that promo.  I'm waiting for the prices to auto-adjust down to the $49.99 price. 

#1274 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12980 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

It does for the Red Egg one, not the Creme Egg one.  Look closer.   You just have to find another one to go with.

I ended up pre-ordering it when it was $57.99 with the Creme Egg one at the $79.99 price, so it worked for that promo.  I'm waiting for the prices to auto-adjust down to the $49.99 price. 

No, I saw that but when clicking on the promotion page it hadn't listed it as one of the eligible titles so I thought it was possibly excluded. Wasn't sure if I'd end up having to fight CS to get the GC and even at $40, I felt that was just too much for a season anyway. My OCD is already going off as it is about having such inconsistent boxes between BD+DVD, just BD and now steelbooks lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1275 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8445 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:54 AM

I got the WW 4K SB today, and I have to say I'm not a fan of the outside art.

#1276 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6003 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:12 AM

I got the WW 4K SB today, and I have to say I'm not a fan of the outside art.

i got mines too today. im gonna return it. i was hoping for a sale. $38 after tax doesnt seem to be worth it. hopefully its gonna drop like Suicide Squad steelbook.

#1277 elessar123  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

I'm going to have to exchange it, if not return it. Mine came in a box, but had two dents on the front. So it was either during manufacturing or at the warehouse. But I'm not paying $38 for a damaged steelbook. I barely tolerate the ones under $10.

Spoiler

#1278 endlessxshadow   WHEN'S MAHVEL CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

endlessxshadow

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

saw 2 more copies of the WW steelbook when I went to Best Buy late afternoon yesterday. Thought it would've been gone when the doors opened lol

#1279 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6229 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

I went with the Target digipak for Wonder Woman.   Anyone else do the same?  I like the series of DC superhero digipaks they have been doing.  They're up to four in the series now and they make a nice little collection.  

I'm also tired of these $35 steels, basically paying double what you should for the movie. My feelings were fortified when the previous one, Suicide Squad, no one bought it and then it was available for $18 later during a sale. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#1280 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8445 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

I went with the Target digipak for Wonder Woman.   Anyone else do the same?  I like the series of DC superhero digipaks they have been doing.  They're up to four in the series now and they make a nice little collection.  

I'm also tired of these $35 steels, basically paying double what you should for the movie. My feelings were fortified when the previous one, Suicide Squad, no one bought it and then it was available for $18 later during a sale. 

I'd love to see photos of the digipak if you can provide them.

#1281 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1611 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

I went for the digipack too.  Normally, I go for steelbooks, but that artwork is horrible.  Plus, I agree, not liking those overly priced steelbooks.  So it wasn't even close to being worth it for me.  If I hadn't gotten the digipack, I think I would have liked the regular bluray since the cover is cool.

Posted Image

#1282 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

I don't mind $35 for a steelbook if it includes everything, but they left the 3D disc out of the WW steelbook.

optimus_prime.gif

#1283 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

i got mines too today. im gonna return it. i was hoping for a sale. $38 after tax doesnt seem to be worth it. hopefully its gonna drop like Suicide Squad steelbook.

This won’t be sale or last through the end of the week

This is only this price because it’s a 4K steelbook. This is how WB has been pricing these unfortunately. I don’t have a 4K tv yet but know I will eventually so I figure paying an extra $5-$10 for the 4K disc, future proofing my collection, is worth it. I do get how others feel differently though.

SS lingered and went on sale because the movie was at best mediocre. WW was a critical and commercial success, it’s not going to linger like SS did.

#1284 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

I'd love to see photos of the digipak if you can provide them.

http://forum.blu-ray...6&postcount=119

#1285 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

I also bought the Target exclusive, mainly because I have all the previous DC movies in the Target exclusive books.  I just wish it was as cheap as the previous ones.

#1286 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

I skipped the WW steel as well and went with the Best Buy 3D exclusive with the character cards for $27.99.  Can't justify these $35+ steelbooks when they don't include 3D as well.  Not preordering the new Spider-Man as well even though it has seen a slight discount to $32.99.  Likely getting the 3D of that as well (currently $25.99 at BB).

#1287 dv8mad   Fulfilling CAGiversary!   6358 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

$35 is Japanese blu-ray pricing, so I definitely don't want to pay that. I heard WW is great though, so I am worried that I may not get one as I will wait for a price drop.

Every once in awhile I get burned waiting and have to overpay on Ebay, which sucks...

Keep the lowball fires burning. Visit the forum today. Make one or just participate, your choice!

1-1.jpg Visit dv8CAG.com for your JP needs! 2-1.jpg

#1288 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

This is only this price because it’s a 4K steelbook.

Sure, 4K is going to add to the price, but GotG Vol. 2 was the same price, and that steelbook included the 3D copy as well.

optimus_prime.gif

#1289 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12980 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

I wish they'd just go back to offering the steel as a pre-order bonus and give us the option of what to buy for it. They lost a sale from me because WW was 4K only.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1290 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3131 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Sure, 4K is going to add to the price, but GotG Vol. 2 was the same price, and that steelbook included the 3D copy as well.

That's a rarity though. That said, the deluxe $35 should come with all format considering physical media is going to keep suffering.