* * * - - 2 votes

Steelbook Worldwide Exclusive 2017

#2191 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10131 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, but was the movie honestly that good? Lol, I by default now just ignore anything Jurassic Park since it has been milked to death harder than Ass Creed.

The movie itself was meh, but they did set up an interesting future for the franchise.  Whether or not they run with that who knows.

#2192 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1984 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:44 PM

I’m just holding off until the next movie, after that there will be a 6 disc, 4K steelbook set I’m sure

#2193 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44099 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:33 AM

Heads up: Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald SB comes with a Movies Anywhere code to redeem the movie now.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6315599

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#2194 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10131 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:03 AM

Heads up: Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald SB comes with a Movies Anywhere code to redeem the movie now.

And it redeems in 4K.

#2195 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2102 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:58 AM

Jurassic world fallen kingdom 4k sb is 12.99 at bestbuy.
Mine arrived yesterday, I've been waiting to see this.

#2196 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:25 AM

Reign of the Superman steelbooks are on sale. I was able to do return/rebuy today. Last day to return is the 28th if you purchased on launch. 

Blu ray $14.99 (check inventory)

https://www.target.c...al/-/A-54266101

4K $19.99 (check inventory)

https://www.target.c...hd/-/A-54266044

Awesome, ordered this once I seen your post. Thanks.

#2197 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8007 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

I found something pretty cool today guys:

game-of-thrones-s3-s4.jpg

Walmart has the steelbooks for Game of Thrones S3 & S4 for $24.96 apiece now.

It looks like S4 is temp-OOS-orderable from amazon for $24.99 too. Now we just need sesaons 5&6 and the cheapass GoT steelbook collection is complete!

#2198 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Reign of the Superman steelbooks are on sale. I was able to do return/rebuy today. Last day to return is the 28th if you purchased on launch.

I noticed the sale earlier in the week and stopped by trying to find a 4K copy that was supposed to be limited quantities in store but couldn't find one.

I've not been successful with return/rebuy beyond a 3 day window, so didn't even try.

#2199 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12111 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:50 AM

Awesome, ordered this once I seen your post. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up - I had a feeling they would do this just like with the last DC steelbook they had.  Now to go dig up my receipt.

#2200 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1984 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:23 AM

If you have a red card you shouldn’t have any issues with return/rebuy but otherwise you’re prob sol depending on when you bought it. The sales prices a couple weeks after release have been the trend with these lately so always hold onto your receipt if possible.

My buddy was gonna track down those GoT steels but once the series is over there will no doubt be a compete 4K set so might as well wait

#2201 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10131 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

Mary Poppins 4K Steel book version is up for pre-order at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6319105

6319105_sa.jpg

#2202 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

If you have a red card you shouldn’t have any issues with return/rebuy but otherwise you’re prob sol depending on when you bought it. The sales prices a couple weeks after release have been the trend with these lately so always hold onto your receipt if possible.

I stand corrected. Reign of the Supermen is still on sale, so decided to attempt a price adjustment.

Brought the receipt in yesterday and they said you needed to bring the item back if more than 3 days. Since it is still on sale today, brought it in with the receipt and they returned and rebought without question.

Thanks!

#2203 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1642 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:09 AM

The Little Mermaid 4K Steelbook came in today, looks greatIMG_20190224_160527_031.jpg 15510533415482280190940442659569.jpg

#2204 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12111 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:46 AM

I found something pretty cool today guys:

game-of-thrones-s3-s4.jpg

Walmart has the steelbooks for Game of Thrones S3 & S4 for $24.96 apiece now.

It looks like S4 is temp-OOS-orderable from amazon for $24.99 too. Now we just need sesaons 5&6 and the cheapass GoT steelbook collection is complete!

I noticed a steelbook for a movie called Wolvesbayne in the Walmart steelbook section.  Never heard of it before but it was only $9.96.  I did a search for it online and I didn't see any mention of it anywhere.  It looks like it was put out by Echo Bridge.  I didn't pick it up but now I kind of want to go back and pick it up.

#2205 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44099 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

Crap thought I pre-ordered Ralph Breaks the Internet SB.... Turns out I didn't. Hopefully they're back in stock soon.

#2206 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:53 AM

Crap thought I pre-ordered Ralph Breaks the Internet SB.... Turns out I didn't. Hopefully they're back in stock soon.

Try first thing on release morning. I've usually been able to get an in store pickup order placed when I've forgotten to preorder.

#2207 The1llusiveMan   The Once and Future Gamer CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

The1llusiveMan

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:29 AM

I'm pretty surprised the closest bb's to have Ralph in stock for pick up are 40+ miles away. There are like 5 stores in driving distance and none are in stock. Preordered the closest store just in case release date comes and our stores really don't have them in stock.

#2208 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44099 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:10 AM

Try first thing on release morning. I've usually been able to get an in store pickup order placed when I've forgotten to preorder.

Yup, just got it.  Thanks

#2209 wolverinefactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

wolverinefactor

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:41 PM

My Best Buy’s didn’t even get the little mermaid steelbook . It looks nice but it would be a double dip just for the case and a 4K upgrade I dint care about ‍♂

#2210 elessar123  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

Yea, I don't care about the 4K either, but it's a nice steel. Already have the Zavvi one and a non-SB 3D version.

#2211 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

How do people feel about loose discs when you keep them sealed? Seems to happen way often for me from Best Buy. I hate it, but is it as frowned upon as much now opposed to before since the discs don't damage and stuff?

#2212 Inque  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:25 AM

Alien Steelbook is up for pre order, if you click the link it error's but the preorder shows in my cart:

$22.99 for the steelbook and $17.99 for the regular UHD Alien

https://www.bestbuy....071&st=alien 4k

#2213 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8007 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:16 AM

My Best Buy’s didn’t even get the little mermaid steelbook . It looks nice but it would be a double dip just for the case and a 4K upgrade I dint care about ‍♂

I went into the store today to look at them.  Came away unimpressed with The Little Mermaid. 

Decided not to buy anything today because the 3 steelbooks I wanted were $105 + tax. 

#2214 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:28 AM

Anyone else notice poor quality control on the Ralph 2 SBs?  The one that was set aside for me for pickup had a bit of paint scuffed off at the top edge of the spine and 2 scratches on the upper rear corner of the case in that same area.  That store still had ~8 copies left so I checked them all out.  Most of them had even worse paint scuffs on the upper part of the spine in addition to scratches on the upper rear corners of the case.  There were only 2 that didn't have scuffed off paint on the spine but still had small scuffs on the upper rear corner of the case.  I chose the better of the 2 and will return the store pickup one.  Very disappointing for the price of these things.   :bomb:

#2215 GrilledWitOnions   Thrillhouse! CAGiversary!   1872 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

GrilledWitOnions

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:06 AM

Anyone else notice poor quality control on the Ralph 2 SBs? The one that was set aside for me for pickup had a bit of paint scuffed off at the top edge of the spine and 2 scratches on the upper rear corner of the case in that same area. That store still had ~8 copies left so I checked them all out. Most of them had even worse paint scuffs on the upper part of the spine in addition to scratches on the upper rear corners of the case. There were only 2 that didn't have scuffed off paint on the spine but still had small scuffs on the upper rear corner of the case. I chose the better of the 2 and will return the store pickup one. Very disappointing for the price of these things. :bomb:

You ain't kidding! Mine was a delivery, and it had a dent in the bottom corner. I went to the store tonight and exchanged it, but they were hard to even see because they were in plastic theft cases. I had to really look close at all of them to try to get one that wasn't scratched.

#2216 wolverinefactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

wolverinefactor

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

Anyone else notice poor quality control on the Ralph 2 SBs?  The one that was set aside for me for pickup had a bit of paint scuffed off at the top edge of the spine and 2 scratches on the upper rear corner of the case in that same area.  That store still had ~8 copies left so I checked them all out.  Most of them had even worse paint scuffs on the upper part of the spine in addition to scratches on the upper rear corners of the case.  There were only 2 that didn't have scuffed off paint on the spine but still had small scuffs on the upper rear corner of the case.  I chose the better of the 2 and will return the store pickup one.  Very disappointing for the price of these things.   :bomb:

Funny that you mention that but mine has a paint scuff in the upper part of the spine. It’s not bad enough for me to hunt down another copy but it’s odd that it’s a common problem.

#2217 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

I placed a store pickup at another location that I'll be at this weekend so hopefully that one will be better than the one I'm keeping for now.  But now it seems that it could've been a production problem instead of just this batch that my store got.  It might not be that bad, but it's really unacceptable.  We're already paying a premium specifically for the case itself.  If they come damaged, then what's the point?  It makes it even worse that the regular copies will probably go on sale within a month (if not already on sale at other retailers during release week) and, even if these SBs were still in stock during a sale, they most likely wouldn't get discounted at all.  I've written these complaints many times in BB product reviews and the BB forum but these things still suffer from poor QC and/or mishandling from employees.  So long as we keep snatching them up regardless of price, it'll continue to happen.

#2218 PaulDE01   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

I guess I was lucky. My copy has no issues.

#2219 iPaul312  

iPaul312

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

I missed out on the Little Mermaid steelbook. So damn sad.

#2220 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:40 AM

Harry Potter 4k steelbook DOTD
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6290210

Exclusive to best buy, not orderable to ship anymore. Did a in store pick up at a local store.