- - - - -

Creating a tax at first sale for recycling online ONLY console games.

#1 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

Putting a tax on online ONLY console games makes sense to me if only for recycling fees. After all, when the servers are down those games are worthless, unless you like using them as coasters. Thoughts? 

#2 Ziv   Jerk Extreme CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:37 AM

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

#3 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:59 AM

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I'm saying when you buy a NEW online ONLY console game I think it should be taxed extra to cover the recycling costs for it when the servers go down and it becomes worthless. Or do most of these games end up in the landfill?

#4 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10080 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:08 AM

o_O

I feel dumb just being in this thread.

#5 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4392 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Why is a tax always the answer? It creates bureaucracy, the money doesn't all go to the intended purpose, and it won't be nimble... only more and more bloated over time.

Instead, convince a company that they should do it for good marketing PR and eventually other companies will be forced to follow suit. Each company can explore different ways to make the program work best, and people will vote with their dollars which company has the best solution.

#6 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Putting a tax on online ONLY console games makes sense to me if only for recycling fees. After all, when the servers are down those games are worthless, unless you like using them as coasters. Thoughts?

Why is a tax always the answer? It creates bureaucracy, the money doesn't all go to the intended purpose, and it won't be nimble... only more and more bloated over time.

Instead, convince a company that they should do it for good marketing PR and eventually other companies will be forced to follow suit. Each company can explore different ways to make the program work best, and people will vote with their dollars which company has the best solution.

It is with heavy heart that I must confess that both of these posts are me.

#7 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

Oh yeah because I have too much money and willingly pay extra tax anytime I can......said no one ever.

And exactly how can you possibly think there is justification in me or anyone else having to pay extra so someone else will clean up their own mess?