A question regarding to psn plus membership in same account

ckc4043

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I have a quick question about psn plus membership.  If I purchase one 12-month psn plus membership for my account, is it possible for my two ps4 consoles under same account to play online at the same time?

I and my brother have two ps4 under the same account. I know playing the same game online is not possible. However,if we own a 12-month membership in one account, for example, is it possible for me to play street fighter online while my brother is playing battlefield 1 online at the same time?

In simple, is it possible for two people to login the same account with psn plus to play online but in different games at the same time?

I remember ps3 cannot allow two people to login the same account online at the same time.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit confusing and I don't know if it's changed but you'll basically have 1 PS4 that's a primary system tied to your PSN account, wherein when you purchase/add PS+ to your account, every account on that PS4 (meaning your, Primary PS4) has access to your content/online access. 

If you use another PS4 and log in with your account (say, your bro's system), only your account can access your games/play online. 

So, technically, you could both be playing online at the same time if your brother uses his PSN ID to play online on your system (the Primary system tied to your account with PS+) and you play online with your own account on his system (non-Primary system, but your PS+ PSN account being used). 

In short, yes: 

1. Your brother plays on your PS4 which has your PSN account w/ PS+ meaning every account on that PS4 can play online. 

2. You play on your bro's PS4, which does not have any PS+ for the primary account, but your account is a PS+ account so you can play online. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit confusing and I don't know if it's changed but you'll basically have 1 PS4 that's a primary system tied to your PSN account, wherein when you purchase/add PS+ to your account, every account on that PS4 (meaning your, Primary PS4) has access to your content/online access.

If you use another PS4 and log in with your account (say, your bro's system), only your account can access your games/play online.

So, technically, you could both be playing online at the same time if your brother uses his PSN ID to play online on your system (the Primary system tied to your account with PS+) and you play online with your own account on his system (non-Primary system, but your PS+ PSN account being used).

In short, yes:

1. Your brother plays on your PS4 which has your PSN account w/ PS+ meaning every account on that PS4 can play online.

2. You play on your bro's PS4, which does not have any PS+ for the primary account, but your account is a PS+ account so you can play online.
Thank you very much, Vinny. Your explanation is so detailed. $59.99 per year is quite expensive to me and my brother. That is why we want to share one account so that we can play online under same account in different game at the same time.

While you can do what Vinny said, you CAN'T be using the same account on 2 systems at the same time. One of you has to have a different PSN ID. As soon as you try to sign into the second PS4, it will kick the first person off.

While you can do what Vinny said, you CAN'T be using the same account on 2 systems at the same time. One of you has to have a different PSN ID. As soon as you try to sign into the second PS4, it will kick the first person off.
Thank you very much. That means I have to open a new account on my second PS4.

bread's done
Back