black friday killed boxing day eh

Dude009

CAGiversary!
just me, or anybody else feel boxing day isn't near what it used to be?

guess we've gone the american route with most big sales before christmas.

i remember HUGE lines outside A&B sound (RIP) for their big boxing day sales.. now the day seems pretty quiet. 

Well, every retailer is still insanely busy today. But not because of the deals, retailers don't need deals for people to show up.

I Wanted to use Eb credit by cancelling a preorder to purchas stuff
Since nba 2k17 is $39.99 today only, I went today

What a terrible mistake... took 1h30 in line...

I went to EB for the continuing used last gen clearance (now doing buy 4, save 30%, plus stacks with Edge). They had a clerk managing the door limiting people going in and a line to get in, it was still packed inside. Few people were there for deals, it was mainly just family's with kids blowing their Christmas money.

As someone who works retail I hope that this trend continues. I would love to be able to spend more time with my family around Christmas and not have to work a 12 hour shift

As someone who works retail I hope that this trend continues. I would love to be able to spend more time with my family around Christmas and not have to work a 12 hour shift
If this trend continues, you may not have a job in retail anymore.

I remember stores being more packed before Black Friday events started in Canada. Now it seems that Boxing Day sales will die off as retailers can't afford to host two events one after the other.

Not sure what revenue was at work on Black Friday since I was off, but I know we hit 1.3 million on Boxing Day, a little under the target of our projected 1.5 million, but the all-day ice/rain/snow storm played a huge part. We ended up smashing the goal on the 27th though to make up for it.

bread's done
Back