- - - - -

The Official 2017 Yard Sale Thread - Passing the torch

2017 yard sale garage sale finds haul garage sales yard sales

#31 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1385 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:54 AM

So.. I got a complete Dragon Strike board game the week before at the auction with the sealed VHS tape in it (if you are interested). Also, I sold my heroquest for $129.99. Making those student loan payments!

#32 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

So.. I got a complete Dragon Strike board game the week before at the auction with the sealed VHS tape in it (if you are interested). Also, I sold my heroquest for $129.99. Making those student loan payments!

Did you happen to get it at an auction in Indiana?  The one I sold the guy a couple years ago had the sealed VHS and most of the parts were still on the sprue.  The top of the box was crushed, though.

Since we're way off topic, here's the board game purgatory in the hallway closet.  Not shown is a crisp early 80's version of "Operation" and some Star Wars puzzles.

IMG_1359_zpsjtyvmaak.jpg

#33 outrun78   this space for rent. CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:03 AM

i like that zaxxon game  :drool:

#34 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1385 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

Nope. I'm in mid Missouri. The nerd/gamer/geek culture isn't as strong here so things like that are out for cheap because no one values them much.

#35 mchittumjr  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

Got out for a little bit on Sunday just to hit up the local flea market. There were a bunch of people selling stuff. Didn't see much game wise, but I did get a big new tackle box for $6. 60 degree weather in February in Maryland is great. Facebook pickups have gotten me through the Winter, but man I can't wait for the spring community yard sales to start. 

#36 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

I got a decent FB pick up today (pics in late nevertober). Missed 2 decent FB lots today and one epic Fb lot about a week ago. I grabbed a pic of the epic one, so we can all collectively cry.

#37 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

I got a decent FB pick up today (pics in late nevertober). Missed 2 decent FB lots today and one epic Fb lot about a week ago. I grabbed a pic of the epic one, so we can all collectively cry.

No tears without pics.   :cry:

This was the first time I have ever been able to go to an Indiana yard sale in February.  I picked up a glass shelf unit for consoles (and other stuff).  I had been looking at this particular shelf for awhile, got it for $50 down from $60.  Now I pretty much have to buy one for the other side at retail.

IMG_1360_zpsduf8qpaz.jpg

#38 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

This is the epic lot I MISSED!

Sold for $20

That is just a reflection on the GBC.

itqZbnb.jpg

#39 Kaipper  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

I feel your pain, Slowdive. I missed two N64 lots just today...one with Mario Kart and Super Mario 64 plus some shovelware for $20. The second had Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day plus a console for $80.  :cry:

#40 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:36 AM

This is the epic lot I MISSED!

Sold for $20

That is just a reflection on the GBC.

That seems almost too good to be true. I wonder if it was a prank or scam.

#41 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

That seems almost too good to be true. I wonder if it was a prank or scam.

It was real. It was a housewife that sold some other odds and ends stuff. I know all the game buyers on FB by name, even their alternate accounts. There is one guy that uses 3 different accounts (his, his wife, and a 3rd one with a different name). It is also marked as sold with about 20 people interested. Usually the scammers just delete the post.

The other lot I missed from another seller was a 3ds with 2 pokemon games (gold and silver) and about 12 other games for $25. I was 3rd in line for that one. That one is no longer on the site.

I stopped monitoring the groups as closely b/c there are like 40-50 in my area and b/c the resellers buy anything lego or video game related. My notifications don't even work on FB anymore b/c I get like 1000 a day and it says I have 3.

---

This is the lot I got. I paid her asking price of $5 each. The lady said she had several people message her about the games and offer more while I was driving to pick them up, but I was the only one who wrote 'interested' on the listing.  Sneaky bastards trying to buy them from under me.

both 100% complete

GBA%20games%205%20each%204_zpstm1vpfgc.j

#42 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1881 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

First yard sale of the year.

Historical society was doing their indoor yard sale. No games, but I found...

Wildboyz Season 1 & Season 2 rubber banded together. $1 for both.

South Park Season 5. $1.

Also the women running it were calling them "CDs".

#43 Nesaficionado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Nesaficionado

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Nope. I'm in mid Missouri. The nerd/gamer/geek culture isn't as strong here so things like that are out for cheap because no one values them much.

Here in Michigan, There won't be many sales for another two months.

I was thinking of heading to Missouri this fall for a week of BowHunting deer with my brother. Would you happen to know of any farms to get permission or to rent?

#44 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Wow, so glad I still have that 2011 13" Macbook Pro I bought a few weeks ago.

The 2011 15" model that I mainly use may have broke today (damn GPU faulty again it seems). I should be able to use the 13" as my main computer now. Hopefully I won't need to buy a new computer for a while.

#45 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1385 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

Here in Michigan, There won't be many sales for another two months.

I was thinking of heading to Missouri this fall for a week of BowHunting deer with my brother. Would you happen to know of any farms to get permission or to rent?

Honestly, in mid to southeast Missouri, there is a ton of public land thanks to Mark Twain National Forest. If you are more interested in the northern area, I'm not sure other than checking the local conservation areas. There are tons of them that offer good hunting for bow and firearm and not overcrowded.

Personally, I've never hunted on private land for deer and all the years I've went, I've always at least seen deer even if I didn't get a shot.

#46 Nesaficionado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Nesaficionado

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

Honestly, in mid to southeast Missouri, there is a ton of public land thanks to Mark Twain National Forest. If you are more interested in the northern area, I'm not sure other than checking the local conservation areas. There are tons of them that offer good hunting for bow and firearm and not overcrowded.
Personally, I've never hunted on private land for deer and all the years I've went, I've always at least seen deer even if I didn't get a shot.

Thanks!

#47 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

LOL my "epic" first yardsale find of the year. $1- a pack of firecrackers and an Xbox 360 breakaway cable!!!! She wouldnt take $0.50 and I needed the cable so I was like ".....uhh throw in them old firecrackers then".

20170305_1123311_zpshmggc2l4.jpg

#48 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Had my first decent yard sale find of 2017! I got everything in the pic below for $40. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but still a decent enough price for everything.

20170309_193505_zpss72uk9vt.jpg

#49 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Boxed Act Raiser. Nice find!

#50 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Damn, 2017 thread! I haven't posted anything in forever (mainly cuz I forgot my password).Got lucky today and found some shway SNES games, 3.00 a piece! Hopefully, I haven't used up all my good luck, for the year lol IMG_0367.JPG

What's that, about $500 worth of games for $35? Mega Man 7 alone can fetch $250 on eBay. Man, what a find.

#51 mchittumjr  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Picked up Mario Kart Double Dash disc only for $3. It starts up then about 2 minutes in it says disc read error. Has a scratch on it. Any tips on how to fix it?

#52 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Picked up Mario Kart Double Dash disc only for $3. It starts up then about 2 minutes in it says disc read error. Has a scratch on it. Any tips on how to fix it?

If you have a Family Video nearby, they will buff it for you for $2.  If the scratch is too deep you may be SOL.  

#53 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10742 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Nothing today or yesterday 

#54 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Where on fb are these lots?

#55 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

Where on fb are these lots?

There are yard sale groups on FB that you can join. My area has a lot, but a lot of them are inactive and they all have different rules. I think there is also a FB marketplace that people are using, but I don't use FB on my phone, but I think that is the only way to get to it.

#56 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

So if i live in chicago, i just look for chicago garage sales on facebook groups?

#57 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Yep.

Anyone else think there's going to be less yard sales than usual this year because Facebook pages are becoming more popular?

#58 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   2230 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Yep.

Anyone else think there's going to be less yard sales than usual this year because Facebook pages are becoming more popular?

Already seems that way to me. Those facebook pages and town-wide sales seemed to kill my week to week last year. I'm going to map out townwide sales and try to hit them whenever possible this upcoming summer. Keep an eye on the surrounding 40 minutes or so and try to hit whatever towns are having them.

This past summer I was done most days by 10:30 am because there would only be like 8 sales.

#59 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

Saw 2 signs today. It was cold/raining and I had to run errands, so I didn't hit them. I'll let my competition have a good weekend before I crush their spirit! haha

#60 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:16 AM

People down the street were having a sale this morning, saw them on the way to work.  They're also having it tomorrow morning but I have a mandatory half day tomorrow, I will be long gone before it starts.  :cry:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2017, yard sale, garage sale, finds, haul, garage sales, yard sales