* * * * - 12 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Battlefield 1, Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, more | GwG: XB1 Lara Croft: Osiris, Giana Sisters; 360 Lego SW:CS | MS Pub Sale

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#61 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7204 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

an interesting thing I discovered today was that you can use credit to purchase 360 dlc on a xbox one if the game has an embedded store for the dlc

You must be blocking a lot of people to just now be figuring this out. :)

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#62 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

Is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for $15.00 worth it, or is there still physical copies somewhere cheaper than that? I could never find them, except a time or two when they were Prime only, or had shipping attached that killed it from Amazon. I hate to buy a digital game that I'm not certain about, especially when it's more than a couple of dollars. Thanks for any info anyone can offer.

#63 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   3558 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

You must be blocking a lot of people to just now be figuring this out. :)

nah, guess I just didnt see those posts, haven't played much gaming till these last weeks due to time constraints 

1024483.png

#64 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

According to the preorder punchcard on Xbox Live Rewards, Mass Effect Andromeda has a release date of 3/31. It could be placeholder, but it's close to previous rumored dates.

Injustice 2, Mass Effect Andromeda and South Park: The Fractured But Whole within a week? I don't know whether to feel excited or overwhelmed. I'll settle on excelmed.

#65 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6705 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

I've actually been debating on trying to sell my 360 so that maybe I can buy an X1. The way I figure it, the majority of the games I haven't played yet, are either BC or they're already on X1/PS4. The handful that I haven't played I either don't care about or will try to beat before anything goes through.

It's a 4gb slim with a 250gb third party hd, 3 controllers including that Gimme 5 limited edition Tomb Raider controller, 18 physical games. What would be a good price point to try to get for it or would it depend on the games included too?

I suck at trying to gauge the worth of things like that. Any input?

Also, happy new thread day!

#Halo

Maybe look up what it would cost to get a reburbished system with the same games from Game stop?  Also maybe look at what GS would give you in trade.  I would think that would be a good estimate of the low end to high end.  Also maybe check out Ebay to see what similar consoles and/or games bundles go for.  I don't know too much about 3rd party HDs but that might make your system a bit less valuable?  

Then factor in how much effort you want to make to sell it on Craigslist or ebay.   Craigslist you have to deal with meeting potential freaks and aholes either in a public space or your house (Do not recommend).  Ebay/Paypal will take a chunk and you might even get screwed.  I used to sell stuff on Ebay but haven't bothered in years.  You might find someone crazy enough to over pay on Ebay though.  I remember selling new games I finished for like $55.  

Gamestop has a 5 game bundle with 250GB drive for $119.99.  I think you get 7 day warranty with that and probably can add a year for a few bucks.  Also refurbished controllers are $24.99.   

http://www.gamestop....m-bundle/128647

http://www.gamestop....ontroller/40647

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#66 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for $15.00 worth it, or is there still physical copies somewhere cheaper than that? I could never find them, except a time or two when they were Prime only, or had shipping attached that killed it from Amazon. I hate to buy a digital game that I'm not certain about, especially when it's more than a couple of dollars. Thanks for any info anyone can offer.

It was $15 on Amazon as recently as last week, I usually prefer physical if I'm unsure about a game and it's more than $10.

6TJRqLz.gif

#67 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1770 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

I've actually been debating on trying to sell my 360 so that maybe I can buy an X1. The way I figure it, the majority of the games I haven't played yet, are either BC or they're already on X1/PS4. The handful that I haven't played I either don't care about or will try to beat before anything goes through.

It's a 4gb slim with a 250gb third party hd, 3 controllers including that Gimme 5 limited edition Tomb Raider controller, 18 physical games. What would be a good price point to try to get for it or would it depend on the games included too?

I suck at trying to gauge the worth of things like that. Any input?

Also, happy new thread day!

#Halo

I don't know if that Tomb Raider controller was exclusive to Gimme 5 but if it was I'm sure you'd make more money selling that alone on eBay to a collector. 

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#68 KurishiaMarurade   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

KurishiaMarurade

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

Thanks Bloomy! We appreciate all the hard work you put in.

Now, get some good sales, will ya. :D

#69 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7775 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

I figured TellTale would still put out games on last gen considering Batman made it, but I just realized TWD S3 isn't on there. Maybe this really is the end.

Yep. They canceled the last-gen versions last minute. I guess their slowly modernizing engine, like CoD, finally hit the wall in terms of past-gen support.

Got an alt account for Steam cards? Sick of not getting all your drops before the market crashes? Tired of all the hours spent catching up on all your alt's drops? Send me a PM!

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#70 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

It was $15 on Amazon as recently as last week, I usually prefer physical if I'm unsure about a game and it's more than $10.

I agree, I hope I can find it again for close to that. I won't pay over $15, regardless, as it's been like $8 before (though that may have been used). I just didn't know if there were still new copies in circulation at bigger retailers. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely wait it out (did I just say that? Really? Now that's progress).

#71 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

I agree, I hope I can find it again for close to that. I won't pay over $15, regardless, as it's been like $8 before (though that may have been used). I just didn't know if there were still new copies in circulation at bigger retailers. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely wait it out (did I just say that? Really? Now that's progress).

Still is, actually:

https://www.amazon.c... fantasy type 0

I read some very good reviews for it. Most people seem to get hung up on artifacts related to the fact it's a PSP remaster and some of the animations/models/etc are kinda stiff, but it's pretty amazing we got the game at all. I used to play anything with Final Fantasy attached to it but I just don't have a lot of time for console RPGs these days.

6TJRqLz.gif

#72 Inriri  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

I've definitely seen new copies at Best Buy with the 19.99 great value sticker. Just make sure to have a barf bag if motion blur messes with you because boy is it aggressive.

#73 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7204 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

Still is, actually:

https://www.amazon.c... fantasy type 0

I read some very good reviews for it. Most people seem to get hung up on artifacts related to the fact it's a PSP remaster and some of the animations/models/etc are kinda stiff, but it's pretty amazing we got the game at all. I used to play anything with Final Fantasy attached to it but I just don't have a lot of time for console RPGs these days.

From the hour or so I spent with the game (this makes me an expert you see), I recall only the main characters being remodeled.  All the other characters were still PSP level graphics.  That was a little bit of a turn-off to me.  The gameplay was too, but since I'm into FFXV I should probably give it a chance (otherwise $80+ COMPLETELY wasted).

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

#74 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

From the hour or so I spent with the game (this makes me an expert you see), I recall only the main characters being remodeled.  All the other characters were still PSP level graphics.  That was a little bit of a turn-off to me.  The gameplay was too, but since I'm into FFXV I should probably give it a chance (otherwise $80+ COMPLETELY wasted).

The cutscenes were also remastered to run at native resolution, and the textures mostly got HD treatment.  I might have been bothered by the obvious PSP artifacts at full price but for ~$15 it's hard to complain about if the game itself is solid.

I was hooked on FFXV all December but sold it for $25 (only paid $30) since I wasn't motivated to do some of the post-game stuff yet. Really fun, but pretty flawed in places. I may pick it up again when it goes even cheaper and has more content updates.

6TJRqLz.gif

#75 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

New Year, More Backlog to come!

Share your gaming videos here - www.GamersVlog.com

Check out my trade/sell list here - Updated 7/17/16

#76 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1720 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

New thread!!! Let's get it started the right way!

Top five most anticipated games for 2017... let's go

1. Resident Evil 7

2. Troll and I

3. 2 Dark

4. Splasher

5. Prey

Although these are all real games, I'm completely joking about making top five lists.  Please don't :)

#77 MaXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

As a long time lurker and very infrequent poster on last year's thread, let me say "thanks" to everyone who updates these deals. You all have saved me a good chunk of change.

Thanks!

Same, appreciate the input on deals from this thread.

MaXx+10.png

#78 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7204 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

New thread!!! Let's get it started the right way!

Top five most anticipated games for 2017... let's go

1. Resident Evil 7

2. Troll and I

3. 2 Dark

4. Splasher

5. Prey

Although these are all real games, I'm completely joking about making top five lists.  Please don't :)

A Top 5 list is a great idea, thanks!

1. Resident Evil 7
  2. Halo Wars 2
  3. One of the umpteen MvC fighting games that have been discussed.
  4. South Park:  The Fractured But Whole
  5. Sonic Mania

Also, I'm down for anything under $5 that doesn't suck.

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

#79 solidsnakealpha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

solidsnakealpha

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

Special thanks to Bloomy and also to Blink for all the effort put forth! Here's to a great 2017 for everyone!!

#80 gogomo  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

Related -- does anyone have a good source they use to see new game releases for the year?  I've googled 2017 Xbox One releases, but haven't been able to find sites with good, reliable lists.  One site didn't even list Mass Effect.  I'm honestly struggling to even find 5 AAA games that I'm excited for in 2017 (I have 4 -- Mass Effect, South Park, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Destiny 2 (assuming it even releases in 2017)).

#81 Deuteros  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

I figured TellTale would still put out games on last gen considering Batman made it, but I just realized TWD S3 isn't on there. Maybe this really is the end.

It'd be funny if the Dreamcast had another game physically and commercially released for it, thereby 'outliving' the Xbox 360. Regardless, the Xbox 360 is probably my favourite console ever with a richness of catalogue rivalled only by the behemoth that was the PS2. My backlog for it runs deep...

#82 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1261 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

Top 5 2017

Resident Evil 7
South Park TFBW
Persona 5
Marvel Vs. Capcom 4
Friday the 13th

RandomHajile3rd.png

#83 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10627 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

noice

rsz_11351009_1606865476227093_1240183299764128.pngrsz_1download.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Gears 4, Madden 17, & NBA 2K17   :ps4: TR RotTR   :wiiu: TBD   :360: TBD    :ps3: TBD   :vita: TBD

#84 Primis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

It'd be funny if the Dreamcast had another game physically and commercially released for it, thereby 'outliving' the Xbox 360. Regardless, the Xbox 360 is probably my favourite console ever with a richness of catalogue rivalled only by the behemoth that was the PS2. My backlog for it runs deep...

I often wonder if the 360 or PS3 will be something people fondly remember in another 15 years.  I'm not so sure they will.  Not to the level of NES/SNES/Genesis that we see right now anyways.

That said, I bet the 360 has people still regularly playing it for another 5 to 10 years easy.  The technological leaps are getting less and less, and as game development changes and DRM is more and more rigid, the 360's generation is going to hold up just well enough and remain attractive enough.

#85 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

If you've already eaten the poison, might as well lick the plate.

Well got all 3 DLC for Port Royale 3 as well....because why not

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#86 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7775 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

Reposting from the old thread:

Okay, so after remaining unsuccessful in locating my original 360 headsets, I've finally decided to cave and get the Polk Melees.

Couple of questions:

1) Do I have to buy them from Polk Media directly (a la official seller on Amazon) or can I buy them New from a reliable seller on eBay?

2) How hard are they to set up with a 360 given they seemingly rely on the audio jack on the 360 itself rather than the controller? Is the headset wired straight to the box?

3) Do the different coloured models have design differences or are the differences purely cosmetic?

4) How hard is it to get the adapter and boom mic from Polk's CS? How do they verify it was bought new?

5) Are people still enjoying their headsets (comfy, working right, etc) or should I just shell a bit more for Turtle Beaches or something?

Thanks.

The technological leaps are getting less and less, and as game development changes and DRM is more and more rigid, the 360's generation is going to hold up just well enough and remain attractive enough.

The 360 already feels dated to me to be honest. Now that consoles are essentially just computers, I think the leap from 360 to Xbone was the last "big" leap we'll see for some time outside of pure processing power. Consoles are already starting to approach ceilings in the graphics department (keep in mind PCs have been closer to these ceilings for years), and it's hard to imagine a completely revamped console OS anytime soon. So I think this will be the generation that holds up, as opposed to 360.

Got an alt account for Steam cards? Sick of not getting all your drops before the market crashes? Tired of all the hours spent catching up on all your alt's drops? Send me a PM!

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#87 KansasCityKing  

KansasCityKing

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

I don't post too often but I do follow this thread closely and just wanted to say thanks Bloomy, appreciate all the work that goes into this.  Also wanted to give a shout out to Blinknot with posting about upcoming releases that otherwise wouldn't have been on my radar.

#88 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

I'm looking at the January game releases and nothing is really catching my eye.  I have like $25 Xbucks left without expiration so if nothing else pops up in these last days of sales, I guess I'll just save it for Feb and beyond.  I'm eyeing For Honor, I hope I get into the beta, and I'm thinking about Wildlands, hopefully I get into that beta too.

#89 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

Does anyone know much about Awesomenauts? I'm curious if I will be able to find anyone online matchmaking. Also if the game is any good, reviews seem good but they are from sites like Mondo Xbox.

Sir+Loinsteak.png

#90 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

For Honor, South Park, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Injustice 2 all in the next 3 months? My backlog is gonna get neglected again. FML.
The+SCHWARTZ+00.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360