* * * * - 16 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Transformers, Dead Space 2/3, 360 Watch_Dogs DLC, more | Spotlight Indies | GwG: XB1 Watch_Dogs, Speedrunners; 360 DA:O

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#15511 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

the achievements look fun as hell except for "play 1000 matches as a counselor" and "play 1000 matches as Jason". Why do these devs still put those laughably grindy achievements in there in 2017? 2000 matches total. Come on.

#15512 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:29 AM

Forgive my ignorance as I don't venture much outside of the deals forum, but WTF does this mean?
* braces for incoming *

https://youtu.be/scILa5iPBcg

If you're referring to "OG," the term's origins are unclear, but it was first popularized by West Coast rapper Ice-T in 1991. The term was an acronym for "original gangster" (or "gangsta," depending) and was meant to indicate that one had been a ranking member of a particular gang for some time.

Over time, it crossed over to become a catch-all term for someone who has been a part of something for quite some time. Here, Mr. MrshllJcb notes that Mr. KR has been an active participant in this thread for some time and as such, his treatment at the hands of relative newcomers is startling.

Personally, I find that while Mr. KR's original post left too much room for interpretation and made it easy for others to assume he was in the wrong, his follow-up post provided a much more sensible rationale for his so-called "trolling" during his NBA 2K play session the other day.

However, I would also argue that, while I personally enjoy the presence of Mr. MrshllJcb and Mr. KR in the thread, mere presence in the thread over time should not exempt one from being criticized for their behavior.

#Titanfall

#15513 The Linguist   .5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

The Linguist

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:40 AM

Anyone else having trouble accessing the Microsoft rewards site?

#15514 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Airport Danger Sign, 560FT

zvqhhj.gif

That took a while, prob 8 tries. I basically had to go 1.5 miles North away from the jump, picked my line and was flying past trees and bushes at 123MPH. Shit, that challenge sucked.

Edited by Spybreak9, 24 May 2017 - 03:54 AM.

#15515 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

Just came to the realization that even if I was dedicated and spent only one week on each game currently installed (not counting physical games), I would be playing for nearly two straight years and not finish my current X1 backlog. Not bragging because I know there are others that have way more.

I have started Juarez, Tiger Woods...I mean Rory Golf, and Trials this week alone. Maybe I can at least sample them all 🤣

#15516 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

the achievements look fun as hell except for "play 1000 matches as a counselor" and "play 1000 matches as Jason". Why do these devs still put those laughably grindy achievements in there in 2017? 2000 matches total. Come on.

Where did you find the list? Neither Xbox Achievements or True Achievements has them.

#15517 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

Where did you find the list? Neither Xbox Achievements or True Achievements has them.

it's right here https://www.exophase...e-psn/trophies/

trophy list usually leak out first, its going to be the same for XB1 minus the plat trophy of course. Just have to wait to see the actually point value for each achievement but those are them.

#15518 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5777 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

Airport Danger Sign, 560FT

zvqhhj.gif

That took a while, prob 8 tries. I basically had to go 1.5 miles North away from the jump, picked my line and was flying past trees and bushes at 123MPH. Shit, that challenge sucked.

550.25 feet, just made it.

#15519 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4288 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:08 AM

Anybody else not able to access Portal Knights pre-order dlc? Every time I go to dlc shop from the menu and select either of the two packs, the game instantly crashes.

The game seems fun so far. Something feels off, but so did Terraria at first and I love that game now.

#15520 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8720 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

maybe if a shit ton of people request a refund they won't pull that shit again

It's funny to hear you say that. I remember we got into an argument in the PSN thread over the same thing happening with Amnesia Memories. Just as scummy then as it is now. Glad you've seen the light. :bouncy:

Came home and went to my ready to install on my x1 and lo and behold i saw Matt Hazard BBB.When the Fuck did i buy this?

More or less what happened to me. It was on sale once 3 or 4 years ago and I guess we forgot about it as quickly as we bought it.

#15521 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:36 AM

Why is the physical release of Shadow Warrior 2 only going to PS4 and PC?

https://www.specialr...hadow-warrior-2

#15522 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6826 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

Just came to the realization that even if I was dedicated and spent only one week on each game currently installed (not counting physical games), I would be playing for nearly two straight years and not finish my current X1 backlog. Not bragging because I know there are others that have way more.

I have started Juarez, Tiger Woods...I mean Rory Golf, and Trials this week alone. Maybe I can at least sample them all 🤣

I've come to the conclusion that my backlog will largely remain unplayed, especially after last week's Backwards Compatibility sale. But I plan to at least try each game that I bought during the sale and just continue to play the ones that strike my interest. I find myself going back to Torchlight on 360 since I can play it in short stints. As a dungeon crawler, it's a very "drop in and drop out" type of game. And I plan to go back to Fallout 4 on Xbox One since I was making pretty good progress on the story before the sale. But my goal is to buy fewer games for 360 and the One from here on out unless they're really, really, really cheap. Let's see how long that lasts.

#15523 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

I have started Juarez, Tiger Woods...I mean Rory Golf, and Trials this week alone. Maybe I can at least sample them all

It's all about leaving something for the kids when you pass :)

#15524 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

Anyone else having trouble accessing the Microsoft rewards site?

I have. The mobile app hasn't giving me any activities to do and the multiple question activity off the browser won't let me finish because the "done" button isn't there. Been acting up since a few days now for me.

I hope GwG continues to offer free DLC from now on too starting next month with that Phantom Dust DLC.

#15525 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6826 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

It's all about leaving something for the kids when you pass :)

The irony is that they won't want to play his crusty retro games by then. They'll just talk about how bad the graphics are and ask why the game isn't just beamed directly into their brains like all new games will be at that point.

#15526 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

The irony is that they won't want to play his crusty retro games by then. They'll just talk about how bad the graphics are and ask why the game isn't just beamed directly into their brains like all new games will be at that point.

"I'm not playing your crappy games, Dad. 'Ow, My Balls' is about to come on! Leave me alone!"

#15527 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

This so true. He laughs at the Nintendo classic. One day I'll bring out the Atari 2600

#15528 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Why is the physical release of Shadow Warrior 2 only going to PS4 and PC?

https://www.specialr...hadow-warrior-2

Most likely going to be a small print of physical discs, like how the "Limited Run Games" brand does PS4 only on consoles due to MS rule about the number you have to release. 

#15529 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

Xbox Game Pass launches 6/1. $9.99 per month, over 100 games available from the start. 14-day free trial will be available too.

Subs get a 20% discount on in-catalog game purchases and 10% off in-catalog DLCs.

Not for me since I buy everything thing like a derp, but this is an INSANE value.

http://gematsu.com/2...launches-june-1

#15530 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

It really sucks that there's no deal on only the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass

#15531 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4288 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

Depending on how much time you have weekly, you could knock out several in one week. Many of games can be beaten in less than 8 hours. Of course there are plenty of 100+ hour games too, especially if you include time for multiplayer.

#15532 Sielanas  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

I'm also happy about AC3, I played a lot of it on pc before and lost my save. If the dlc goes on sale I'll get that too, I really enjoyed it. The tutorial is way too long, but other than that I don't get the hate.

#15533 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8720 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Xbox Game Pass launches 6/1. $9.99 per month, over 100 games available from the start. 14-day free trial will be available too.

Subs get a 20% discount on in-catalog game purchases and 10% off in-catalog DLCs.

Not for me since I buy everything thing like a derp, but this is an INSANE value.

http://gematsu.com/2...launches-june-1

Damn. I guess my extra month of Game Pass is going to expire before then. I was only missing 2 of the BC games anyway, and I ended up buying them during last week's sale. At least we get two weeks free.

I know they're definitely going to allow it, but I wish the discount would stack on sales. Would definitely boost the value of the sub.

#15534 im_dany   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1132 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

I'll wait to see what's in the library, but I bet I'll own most of these so it's probably not for me. But this will surely make me stop buying to many damn games, so that's cool.

They should've offered a cheaper annual sub though, 120€ is a lot even if it's split monthly

#15535 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2682 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

EFF MS and their "bundle Forza's together" ****!  Serious, eff them!  Just effing give me Forza H3 or Forza 6 on sale for a good price BY THEMSELVES again...

#15536 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

I have no interest in Friday the 13th mainly cuz it looks kinda gross. But please allow me to comment on these two achievements. They are outrageous. 

I'm no mathematician, but lets just say one match takes 5 minutes. That means you would have to play 84 hours as Jason. And another 84 hours as a counselor. I know you guys are achievement man-whores - so aside from the TA grinders - I highly doubt that the community for a game this size is going to last that long. (For contrast, I have heard (not played it yet) that it can be difficult to get matches in Halo Wars 2 - a game w/ a much higher profile.)

Best of luck, pervs!

#15537 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

Friday the 13th achievements also include playing 500 matches as Jason and counselors, 666 counselor kills as Jason and 1313 xounselor kills as Jason. Very grindy list. Achievements for repairing 100 vehicles and 100 phone lines, too. No idea how hard that will be to do in any given round.

I'll be extremely interested to see review scores and hear impressions of the game this weekend.

Not for me since I buy everything thing like a derp, but this is an INSANE value. http://gematsu.com/2...launches-june-1

Does the EA Access 10% discount stack with sales? The trial would work nicely for stacking with a sale if ghe 20% discount could be combined.

#15538 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8720 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Does the EA Access 10% discount stack with sales?

It does not.

#15539 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

They think by putting in achievements like playing 1000 games etc that's gonna keep people playing when in fact it has the opposite effect on me as it makes me not even wanna buy it now.

#15540 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7930 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

Seriously if people are trolling or being dumbasses in an online team based game, just fucking leave. It's annoying enough with how toxic most communities are in team based games that it's hard not to get mad at online people especially if you're playing a ranked match or something. But just straight up trolling wastes every bodies time and isn't funny to anyone. Whoever reads this that's my .02

Seriously what is the penalty for leaving an NBA 2K17 game anyway?  No way would I waste 30 mins or whatever playing with assholes just to avoid a demerit or whatever.  I think one of the COD or maybe it was Destiny can't recall where they would lock you out of match making or something for a short period of time.  Better then playing with assholes for longer IMO.  Bail go get a drink or whatever come back and play.  Takes a bunch for me to me to bail on a online game but I will if others are purposely not going for the objective or finishing the round.  Probably why I like playing co-op games with friends or single player games more at this point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360