* * * * - 16 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Transformers, Dead Space 2/3, 360 Watch_Dogs DLC, more | Spotlight Indies | GwG: XB1 Watch_Dogs, Speedrunners; 360 DA:O

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold DwG GwG XB1 360

#16501 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:48 AM

So in other words, you just got it for free? ;)

Nah, it doesn't show up as owned now. Not that it makes any difference because I couldn't play it anyway. :(

#16502 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:12 AM

Microsoft Rewards has a "hot deal" on XBL gold: 3 months for 9600 points. I think that's a pretty good discount. I just "spent" 15000 for 3 months. You have until the end of June to earn the 9600 points. If you don't get there, you can earn 1 month for 4900 points.

I'm getting close to the 29000 for 1 year

#16503 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10546 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:15 AM

Moving all my BC games to the X1 is proving tough on my data cap.  3 days into my monthly usage and I am already at 468 GB used (out of 1024 GB).

#16504 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

How exactly do I do this? I own Minecraft Story Mode Episode 1 and Game of Thrones Episode 1, as well as both season pass discs. What do I have to do to get the game to open without the disc? Every time i try to open it, then it crashes.

I don't own either Minecraft Story Mode or Game of Thrones Season Pass discs, but saw multiple forum posts of them working without the disc if you own Episode 1. I cannot confirm it personally.

I do have Batman Telltale and for that to work, I had to delete the free Episode 1 from my hard drive, then insert the disc and wait for it to fully download both Episode 1 from the disc and the Season Pass key. Then the in-game store would show I own the Season Pass and I'd have to manually go through and fully download each other episode. (Took over an hour) After that I was able to play all episodes without having to put the disc back in.

One of the errors with Batman Telltale disc was that it wouldn't work with the free Episode 1 and it had to be the Episode 1 from the disc. But since I have ownership rights to Episode 1, it didn't need the disc again.

From what I've read the 360 versions always need the disc and only the X1 versions allow this.

#16505 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2017 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

Moving all my BC games to the X1 is proving tough on my data cap.  3 days into my monthly usage and I am already at 468 GB used (out of 1024 GB).

Why not just download the games you'll play in the near future and then dl the rest as time goes by?

#16506 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:38 AM

REMINDER:

Forza Horizon 3 has four weekend challenges still up through Sunday. All very easy this time. If you want to speed up the 3 Skill Songs Challenge, use the Taking Requests perk from the Skills Shop to have the DJ play one without having to wait.

If you have this game, but haven't been doing the Challenges, you really should. The free Porsche cars go for over $1million on the in-game marketplace once the challenge is over. Plus you can amass a large bankroll from them.

I wish the first Forza Horizon had this. I've been playing through it lately and money is really hard to come by in that game.

#16507 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

Same here.  We only got ATT internet so we have the 1024gb data cap.  We're at 495gb right now and have less than 13 days left for the restart.  If we bundle with TV we could get unlimited, but we'll just watch the cap since we hardly watch anything on TV and just stream everything.  

We got a warning once a couple months ago about going over and next time it happens they'll add more data for like $10 more on the bill.  So last month I noticed we were about to hit the limit with over a week left, so I unplugged the modem/router for like a week but only plugged it briefly in the mornings or had to check important stuff online.  Lol.  But it did the trick and we didn't go over.  Just as long we stay under 30gb a day, we're good every month.

#16508 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:46 AM

If anyone was watching the Gears 4 Vegas open, that last matchup of Ghost Gaming and Envy was the absolute shit. That's two tourneys in a row Envy has been smacked by an underdog team. Sad to see a legendary crew losing their touch. If GG can beat Optic, that would be phenomenal.

#16509 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:52 AM

Why not just download the games you'll play in the near future and then dl the rest as time goes by?

I kinda have OCD and like to keep all my games downloaded and updated but the data cap changed that lol.  So that's what I do now.  I have like 60+ games that's ready to be updated.  Haven't had time to really play and CAG help add backlog.   :-(  O:)

#16510 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4742 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

REMINDER:

Forza Horizon 3 has four weekend challenges still up through Sunday. All very easy this time. If you want to speed up the 3 Skill Songs Challenge, use the Taking Requests perk from the Skills Shop to have the DJ play one without having to wait.

If you have this game, but haven't been doing the Challenges, you really should. The free Porsche cars go for over $1million on the in-game marketplace once the challenge is over. Plus you can amass a large bankroll from them.

I wish the first Forza Horizon had this. I've been playing through it lately and money is really hard to come by in that game.

A few of the Super Saloons won't work for the Ultimate Air skill challenge.

BMW 1 Series M Coupe 2011
BMW M4 Coupe Horizon Edition 2014
Mercedes C 63 S Coupé 2016
Mercedes C 63 S Coupé Pre-order Car 2016

I tried with the HE car first, since it's a skill boost one, and I wanted to stock points.  I was sure I had more than 20, but there was no progress on the challenge.  So I picked one of the Mercedes, since I hadn't used one of them before.  Nothing.  Then I picked the Series M Coupe, since it was the first one in the filtered list.  Nothing again, so I went to the Forza forums, which had the above list.  I got the challenge with the non-HE M4 Coupe.

Earning money is a real PITA in FH1.  The only thing I really need money for anymore is the achievement for medals with $1 million cars.  I can sell some of the ones I have to buy others for the achievement, but the packrat in me doesn't want to part with them.

#16511 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10546 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

I am not worried about going over since I am close to done.  I just wanted to free up my 360 drive and currently my download speeds have been really stable at about 80-100 Mb/s (not always the case) so I just want to do it  all.

#16512 razorracer83   I got the need for speed. CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

razorracer83

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

REMINDER:

Most importantly, the Porsche 918 Spyder is back. See, the first time the car was available, Playground Games made the mistake of not only putting the car in a one day #Forzathon, but they put in behind a seriously luck based challenge, do an airborne pass. Because of those things, and the inherent awesomeness of the car, the legendary scalpers...err, I mean painters and tuners, were doing some serious Slickdeals scalper level of scummery by buying up all the 918 Spyders and selling them at the high levels of money that their legendary status could allow them. If someone else was selling a 918, they would snap them up and the cycle continues.

Anyway, the Porsche 918 Spyder is actually going to be in a one week (yes, I said one week) #Forzathon, and the challenge this time will be to complete a championship instead of that stupid airborne pass, so there will be very little excuse for anyone not to get the car, and very little flipping opportunities for the legendary painters and tuners. Just a heads up, you are going to want to bring an A-Class Classic Racer to a 3 race championship to make things easier, as that will knock out 3 of the Forzathon objectives, and get you the two cars in the process.

#16513 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:50 AM

^^^Most Forza Horizon 3 Challenges have an ideal place on the map to be done. The airborne pass one had at least two tracks where it could be done at the beginning where there was a jump while all the cars were still in the starting pack. You can also abuse the rewind feature during challenges if you mess up.

I think the worst challenge was that airport jump from about a week ago. You had to max upgrade the required car, and then the 3-star level was just barely the maximum distance the car could possibly make. And they topped it off by making it a one day only challenge. I recorded a clip of my successful jump since it was one of those "Hell Yeah!" gaming moments.

TrueAchievements usually has challenge guides up the same hour they go live. I try to post info here about the trickier challenges too.

#16514 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

Who would have thought that out of all of us, Mr. Clutch was the stud athlete? *Cue "Glory Days" by the Boss*

So I'm late to the party, I know. However, Overwatch is so amazing!
A bit overwhelming. Wish there was tutorials for the classes. Anyone got tips for a complete noon to this genre?

I will echo others and say find a character you like and play them until you are comfy with them and the game in general. You'll get to know the maps, what other characters on your team and other teams can do, etc. Just from that your learning curve on future characters will shorten. Have fun! If you aren't having fun with your main switch it! Also keep in kind some characters may not be as fun or effective in certain match types or on defense/offense, etc. So if you have a situational main you may want another one to play when your main isn't a great choice.

#16515 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1864 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

After looking for ~6 weeks since the semester ended I finally landed a job. Playing games now feels like relaxation again after being productive vs just something to do.

Really glad my friend who I rent from has unlimited, she knows we'd probably hit the cap and end up paying more. If I don't have unlimited sometime in the future, my fondness of BC, digital sales, and Game Pass will change.

#16516 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

I don't own either Minecraft Story Mode or Game of Thrones Season Pass discs, but saw multiple forum posts of them working without the disc if you own Episode 1. I cannot confirm it personally.

I do have Batman Telltale and for that to work, I had to delete the free Episode 1 from my hard drive, then insert the disc and wait for it to fully download both Episode 1 from the disc and the Season Pass key. Then the in-game store would show I own the Season Pass and I'd have to manually go through and fully download each other episode. (Took over an hour) After that I was able to play all episodes without having to put the disc back in.

One of the errors with Batman Telltale disc was that it wouldn't work with the free Episode 1 and it had to be the Episode 1 from the disc. But since I have ownership rights to Episode 1, it didn't need the disc again.

From what I've read the 360 versions always need the disc and only the X1 versions allow this.

I tried it this way and it didn't work for minecraft story mode. All the episodes downloaded were a "disc" version, and the game would crash every time i tried to open it, but it wouldn't give me an error or ask for the disc. I'll try game of thrones later when i can. I just ended up returning my minecraft disc and buying the game digitally.

#16517 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7607 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

I think the worst challenge was that airport jump from about a week ago. You had to max upgrade the required car, and then the 3-star level was just barely the maximum distance the car could possibly make. And they topped it off by making it a one day only challenge. I recorded a clip of my successful jump since it was one of those "Hell Yeah!" gaming moments.

TrueAchievements usually has challenge guides up the same hour they go live. I try to post info here about the trickier challenges too.

Yeah that one was a PIA.  I finally got it with your tips.  4 or 5 feet less then your jump.

I think the co op ones are among the worst.  You have to rely on others to actually setup events and do them.  

#16518 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

The weekly dump...

I0r7eOJ.png?1 3n3gPth.png?1 cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg pLM4pVY.png?1 cover.jpg q49yr0V.png?1 cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg cover.jpg 

6/6 - Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind DLC - $39.99 (standalone), $59.99, $79.99

6/6 - Dirt 4 - $59.99   <--- http://a.co/6P1lFp2

6/6 - The Town of Light - $15.99   <--- also at http://a.co/0hv7NDe

6/6 - Zazen: Zen Meditation Game - $7.99

6/6 - Neighborhorde - $3.99

6/6 - Perception - TBA

6/6 - Refunct - TBA

6/6 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Episode 2 - DLC

6/7 - Superbeat: Xonic$39.99

6/9 - A Hole New World - $9.99

6/9 - Kholat - $19.99

6/9 - Jump Stars - TBA

Been playing Superbeat Xonic for a few weeks - very good, but challenging, rhythm game. Might check out Kholat... sounds spooky.

What about you guys?

#16519 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5768 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

Family Dollar stores have 10% off $25 Xbox gift cards through Wednesday, June 7th. In store only.

#16520 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

I've heard Morrowind is small for the price, so I don't mind waiting for sale. Just upgraded to Galaxy S8 with Gear VR, so cash is tight this pay.

K received Victor Grant as a gift. Some of my buddies had annoying glitches happen to them (game freezing, achievement not unlocking until doing requirement twice), but I've had no issues so far. Actually is way better then I was expecting.

Also got Tekken 7 as a gift and need to start that. Not the biggest Tekken fan, but Akuma though

#16521 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Cheapest place I could find the Morrowind Upgrade for existing ESO players is at CDKeys, for $36.39.

http://www.cdkeys.co...pgrade-xbox-one

#16522 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   5474 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

Family Dollar stores have 10% off $25 Xbox gift cards through Wednesday, June 7th. In store only.

#Funfact if you start a standalone thread about this deal, you'll get the racist lurkers to come out of the woodwork. "Getting killed for a Xbox card isn't worth it, my closest FD is near where brown people live"

#16523 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

My nearest FD is less than a minute drive away, can usually get a better deal in trade thread though, or wait for BB to do a promo and look for the extra $5 packs

#16524 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8028 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Excited to get my $23 CE of Morrowind from that Amazon thing (assuming it was a glitch).

#16525 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Forgot to mention Victor Vran is out at retail this week (already out digitally.)

#16526 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4000 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

My nearest FD is less than a minute drive away

I'm sorry to hear that. tapatalk_1496120754248.png

#16527 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. tapatalk_1496120754248.png

It's all good. I live in MA, so the biggest dump here is still better than 80% of the country

#16528 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10546 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

This was me at the realization Microsoft's E3 conference is just 1 week away.

excited-baby.gif

#16529 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:26 PM

Diablo III: Eternal Collection leaked by the ESRB.  :-k

http://www.esrb.org/...rnal Collection

TE1uzjB.png

#16530 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Diablo III: Eternal Collection leaked by the ESRB.  :-k

http://www.esrb.org/...rnal Collection

TE1uzjB.png

Was just about to post this.

It's probably just all the updates pressed to one disc and the Necromancer add on.

Hope this means Scorpio updates for Diablo as well. Dat 4k/60fps goodness

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, DwG, GwG, XB1, 360