* * * * - 2 votes

Diablo 20th Anniversary Sale

#1 superleaf444  

superleaf444

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

Blizzard has a sale for Diablo for its 20th anniversary. Strange it only applies to the new game and not the classic verisions. Either way, it is worth noting since I've not seen this on sale for a while.

Diablo 3 - 9.99$
Reaper of Souls - 9.99$
Diablo 3 Battle Chest - 19.99$

https://us.battle.ne...uct/game/diablo

#2 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13666 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

If you want physical on console or PC (Battle Chest,) GS has these prices also & Amazon PM'd.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3 Lgndryhr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

Would love to pick up Diablo III Reaper of Souls: The Ultimate Evil Edition for my PS4 from somewhere else other than GameStop. No store around me seems to have this in stock. 

#4 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7062 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

Guess it's time to get the Diablo 3 expansion. Haven't played since the beginning (played original Diablo 3 with friends....being a Barbarian wasn't too great). I'm sure it's been overhauled a million times, and I always pick up a Blizzard expansion once they reach the $10 mark (been doing it for SC2 as well).

#5 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12481 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Guess it's time to get the Diablo 3 expansion. Haven't played since the beginning (played original Diablo 3 with friends....being a Barbarian wasn't too great). I'm sure it's been overhauled a million times, and I always pick up a Blizzard expansion once they reach the $10 mark (been doing it for SC2 as well).

Barb was actually one of the strongest, though gear dependent, classes at launch. Lifesteal+Frenzy with a 600+ 1H weapon was godmode and was the strongest inferno farming build in the game before the nerfbat started swinging. Sadly, the game was a pointless auction house driven shell of what Diablo II was. Blizzard lost me as a customer as a result, despite all the backpedaling they did for the game.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

For $20, I HIGHLY recommend snagging these.  I've bought it on both PC (even went as far to go and buy the CE versions of both after the fact and paid way too much for them) and PS4/XBOX1 with zero complaints.  Plus, the console ports are also in line with the PC releases now, in terms of Seasons etc.  Game can be boring at times because of the constant grind, but it is fun with friends.

#7 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Picked up the XB1 version at a local GS yesterday for$19.99, already have the PS4 physical (and digital on both platforms). Fantastic game, well worth the price!

#8 Trump is really a Fascist   Cagasaurus CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Trump is really a Fascist

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Would love to pick up Diablo III Reaper of Souls: The Ultimate Evil Edition for my PS4 from somewhere else other than GameStop. No store around me seems to have this in stock. 

You just missed the sale on PSN :( .... It goes on sale for $20-25 quite a bit though so just keep an eye out

Looking for Complete and Very Good - Mint Original Xbox games and Accessories. Please take a look at my list for trades :)

http://www.cheapassg...-original-xbox/

#9 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

Picked up the XB1 version at a local GS yesterday for$19.99, already have the PS4 physical (and digital on both platforms). Fantastic game, well worth the price!

I got the last copy at my GS too. "Brand new" even though it was the opened one on display -__-

I really hate when gamestop does this. One of the many reasons why I do my best not to shop there.

FYI I believe its still $20 on Xbox Store for Gold members as well.

#10 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

Barb was actually one of the strongest, though gear dependent, classes at launch. Lifesteal+Frenzy with a 600+ 1H weapon was godmode and was the strongest inferno farming build in the game before the nerfbat started swinging. Sadly, the game was a pointless auction house driven shell of what Diablo II was. Blizzard lost me as a customer as a result, despite all the backpedaling they did for the game.

Oh well, you'll miss out on a lot of good games because you're unhappy with what they did in one game for a brief period of time that made customers unhappy that they changed later in an attempt to make them happy again. Pity you would hold a grudge over something so trivial.

#11 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3084 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:35 AM

Awesome. Bought it on Xbox marketplace or I would jump on this.

Tastes like chicken.

#12 Jurai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:16 AM

would yall recommend playing on pc or console? heard the console controls worked pretty well

#13 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:54 AM

would yall recommend playing on pc or console? heard the console controls worked pretty well

I've played both and prefer the console personally, but I'm also the guy who usually has a controlled plugged into my gaming PC

#14 Sixthman  

Sixthman

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

DIablo 3 on console adds the dodge roll and same screen local co-op, both of which the PC version does not have. You also move with the thumbstick instead of having to click where to go or who to attack. I think the console controls work great, but it's a good game on PC regardless.

I have it on console, and would not mind owning it on PC just to have it, but $20 is still a bit high for me. Still waiting on a great discount for Legacy of the Void.

#15 limesqueeze   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

limesqueeze

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:02 AM

Alright next, what about playing solo (Diablo 3)?

#16 BarneyBadAss  

BarneyBadAss

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:27 AM

You can easily solo D3. Once they got rid of the auction house, you get legendary drops all the time.
I just solo'ed a Hardcore toon to 70 in a few hours for the platinum.

#17 Sixthman  

Sixthman

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:06 AM

DIablo 3 is very playable solo. You have to get the expansion though as that is where they fixed the loot drops. The quest for better loot will keep you going, and the environments are varied enough to keep from getting stale. Getting loot with different buffs will cause you to try out different spells and powers, changing how you play. You can also spec out your NPC companion to be more complementary to your style. It's somewhat limited, but it's there.

#18 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

I played it on pc but at the same time I would highly recommend it on consoles if you have family or friends for local co-op

zNmz5OX.jpg

#19 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12481 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

Oh well, you'll miss out on a lot of good games because you're unhappy with what they did in one game for a brief period of time that made customers unhappy that they changed later in an attempt to make them happy again. Pity you would hold a grudge over something so trivial.

Quite the opposite: I have plenty of great games waiting to be played so I'm missing out on nothing but wasted money. And yes, I stand by my convictions when voting with my wallet. Pity most people do not.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#20 RistoGriffith   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

RistoGriffith

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

As a hardcore and loooong time Diablo player (basically played D2 religiously as a youngster, and have played probably 500 hours of D3), I prefer it on Console.  It's much better, sadly.  The dodging is honestly great.. the game plays way better than you'd expect it to with a controller.  The big downfall is that there is no seasonal character play, BUT Blizzard announced at Blizzcon that consoles will also be able to create seasonal characters starting with Season 10 (season 9 is starting in a few days, so it's only a couple months off).  Definitely recommend grabbing it on console if you can.  It's a little disheartening that it's so hard to find now.  I have it on XBox One, and just got a PS4 for Christmas.. and I might grab it for PS4.

#21 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

As a hardcore and loooong time Diablo player (basically played D2 religiously as a youngster, and have played probably 500 hours of D3), I prefer it on Console. It's much better, sadly. The dodging is honestly great.. the game plays way better than you'd expect it to with a controller. The big downfall is that there is no seasonal character play, BUT Blizzard announced at Blizzcon that consoles will also be able to create seasonal characters starting with Season 10 (season 9 is starting in a few days, so it's only a couple months off). Definitely recommend grabbing it on console if you can. It's a little disheartening that it's so hard to find now. I have it on XBox One, and just got a PS4 for Christmas.. and I might grab it for PS4.

Hard to find? I know BB sold out all their copies, but GS seems to have plenty of new copies in stores (for both platforms, $19.99). I picked up an XB1 sealed copy at one GS a few days ago, and saw sealed PS4 copies at two other stores (already have the PS4 disc).

#22 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

The only gripe I have, is that I wish Blizzard would let you use your Battle.net account to somehow share your characters.  I have way too much time invested in my PC characters as we speak, and would love to be able to use them on console.

#23 Lgndryhr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hard to find? I know BB sold out all their copies, but GS seems to have plenty of new copies in stores (for both platforms, $19.99). I picked up an XB1 sealed copy at one GS a few days ago, and saw sealed PS4 copies at two other stores (already have the PS4 disc).

Yes it is hard to find a physical copy. None at Best Buy or Target around me. Target clearanced them to $15 according to Brickseek. Wal-Mart has copies but won't price match and give me a hard time about it. They are still charging $40 for it. I refuse to shop at GS so no clue on their stock.

#24 Jurai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Yes it is hard to find a physical copy. None at Best Buy or Target around me. Target clearanced them to $15 according to Brickseek. Wal-Mart has copies but won't price match and give me a hard time about it. They are still charging $40 for it. I refuse to shop at GS so no clue on their stock.

Just because you won't stop at GS doesn't make it hard to find a physical copy...

GS has D3 in stock for all systems and platforms atm

#25 Jurai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

DIablo 3 on console adds the dodge roll and same screen local co-op, both of which the PC version does not have. You also move with the thumbstick instead of having to click where to go or who to attack. I think the console controls work great, but it's a good game on PC regardless.

I have it on console, and would not mind owning it on PC just to have it, but $20 is still a bit high for me. Still waiting on a great discount for Legacy of the Void.

If you need the whole set cdkeys has had the battle chest on sale, it's a single key good for all 3 though (sc2/legacy/swarm) so you can't just cherry pick void out

#26 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

Can I buy this game used? Am I missing anything if I do that?

#27 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5741 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

Can I buy this game used? Am I missing anything if I do that?

On consoles, you can. No, you won't miss anything.

#28 jgiovanni  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

Anyone know if characters are cross platformed specifically for Xbox and pc?

jgiovanni.png

1060050.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#29 More Cowbell  

More Cowbell

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

Recently tried D3 UEE on PS4. Found it to be a boring button masher.

#30 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

Anyone know if characters are cross platformed specifically for Xbox and pc?

They are tied to whatever platform they are on.

So, PC can only be used on PC, PS4 only on PS4, and XB1 only on XB1.  They have also stated in the past that they will not add cross platform saves at any point.  Who knows if that might change in the future.

This sucks for people like me, who have multiple 70's on PC and have leveled up 661 times into Paragon Levels.  I probably have sunk 150 hours or so in that game, and it doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon.  I for one, cannot get into Seasons, which is the focused game mode.  I wish Blizzard would show their non-seasonal players some love.