CAGcast #481: Grand Moff Talkin’

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Along with the usual nonsense, the gang kicks off the new year with a look back at their favorite games of 2016.
Download (1 hours 16 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS

Get $35 off your first week's deliveries at http://www.hellofresh.com with coupon code CAGCAST35

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -   Dzeko & Torres ft. Delaney Jane - L'Amour Toujours (Tiësto Edit)

Outro - Big League Chew

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Netflix ratings aren't based on everyone in the world, it's based on what Netflix thinks you'll like based on what you've rated in the past and people similar to you.

"When you’re looking at movie’s splash page, for example, the corresponding rating you see isn’t a running average of how all Netflix users ranked the film. Rather, the ranking represents what users who have similar entertainment tastes as you thought of the movie. As a result, it’s entirely possible for the same movie to display two different ratings for two different accounts."

http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/netflix-ratings-what-they-mean-how-they-work/

Also PAX South has never completely sold out before the event. PAX West started in 2004 and it took time to build up to what it is now. Same with PAX East which started in 2010. This year is PAX South's 3rd Con. The evolution from year one to year 2 was impressive alone. They doubled the show floor space in one year.

Also the CAG Panel raffle prizes this year will be "Classic."

The Netflix ratings aren't based on everyone in the world, it's based on what Netflix thinks you'll like based on what you've rated in the past and people similar to you.

"When you’re looking at movie’s splash page, for example, the corresponding rating you see isn’t a running average of how all Netflix users ranked the film. Rather, the ranking represents what users who have similar entertainment tastes as you thought of the movie. As a result, it’s entirely possible for the same movie to display two different ratings for two different accounts."

http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/netflix-ratings-what-they-mean-how-they-work/
I learned something! Also that's what I get for watching too many family films. Now go watch Rats!

A severe lack of Hitman and Doom. Also, you haven't been going somewhere since you were a kid if you haven't been there in 30 years.

"When will the Bahamas become boring for Cheapy?" was my first thought upon seeing his Twitter photos from the trip.

A severe lack of Hitman and Doom. Also, you haven't been going somewhere since you were a kid if you haven't been there in 30 years.
Fairly sure that only Cheapy played Hitman, and he only has like 4 hours played on it to boot. I think he said something about it didn't really appeal to him on a recent cast. Just a game that was overlooked by them.

Good show, surprised Wombat would put games on his top 5 list that he didn't finish.  If you like a game wouldn't you want to finish it before starting a new game?

Did cheapy play Dead Rising 4? I remember him liking 2 and 4 is basically like 2 with all the annoying features like the time limit removed.

Ok, so Ship refuses to call the Nintendo Classic a "product" but rather it's a "concept" because it's not available in stores. YET, he gives Wombat shit for saying the Switch doesn't exist, because it's NOT EVEN OUT YET, we don't know several details, and we don't know the launch game lineup. 

Ship, I'm used to your logic failing from episode to episode, but this time your logic literally broke down from one conversation to the next!

Also: Netflix's star ratings are NOT an aggregate of critic ratings or even other user ratings. The star rating you see is what Netflix is guessing YOU would rate it based on a number of factors like what you have watched and rated other shows, and what other people like you have rated similar shows. So Cheapy you can't look at the 1.5 rating for Rats and make any sort of generalized statement about the quality of the movie.

Ps. Rats was an interesting documentary!

EDIT: i notice someone else posted about Netflix too.

I was going on here just to say that. I find it very annoying and think it should be more clear. I only found out because I saw that "the ranch" (ashton kutcher's netflix show) was 1 star on my account and 4 stars on a friends.

Ok, so Ship refuses to call the Nintendo Classic a "product" but rather it's a "concept" because it's not available in stores. YET, he gives Wombat shit for saying the Switch doesn't exist, because it's NOT EVEN OUT YET, we don't know several details, and we don't know the launch game lineup.

Ship, I'm used to your logic failing from episode to episode, but this time your logic literally broke down from one conversation to the next
Shipwreck was making a joke. There's no "logic" involved here. He makes the joke about it being conceptual because of the availability. The same way Wombat says the Switch doesn't exist because it's not something you can buy right now, Shipwreck was saying that because you can't go out and buy one right today that it's similarly just a "concept."

Shipwreck was making a joke. There's no "logic" involved here. He makes the joke about it being conceptual because of the availability. The same way Wombat says the Switch doesn't exist because it's not something you can buy right now, Shipwreck was saying that because you can't go out and buy one right today that it's similarly just a "concept."
Um, I don't think you understand the point I'm making, nor the points the hosts made. I'm pointing out the hypocritical argument Ship made. He made a joke about the Classic not being a product, but would not allow Wombat to make the same "joke" about the Switch.

I too was surprised at a lack of Doom, easily the most fun 2016 game I played last year.

I'm also wondering how Cheapy is liking Lego Dimensions and Rock Band 4. I feel the new guitar solos in RB4 are a fantastic add that almost makes up for the loss of the keyboard.

Ships buy the Switch because he buys everything.  Cheapie won't buy because it's made by Nintendo.  Wombat will buy a Switch because of Zelda and because it will have 1.3 more worthwhile games per year.

Ships buy the Switch because he buys everything. Cheapie won't buy because it's made by Nintendo. Wombat will buy a Switch because of Zelda and because it will have 1.3 more worthwhile games per year.
Well, Ship doesn't buy everything. He didn't buy VR. He'll buy Switch on day one because if anyone is a fanboy on this show it's Ship for Nintendo. Same reason he insisted Mario Run was going to print money and it's only getting a 3% conversion rate (not to mention requires WiFi..wth?). He didn't even consider that game would be disappointing. Even insisted that Wombat would buy it, and last I checked he hadn't.

bread's done
Back