SHIELD TV | Streaming Media Player - Edition PRE-ORDER

dtrader69

CAGiversary!
C1ogTGtVIAAVplG.jpg

The new SHIELD TV is coming soon and will be released on January 16, 2017!

Pre-order is now up!

Controller, CDN$ 77.99 
Shield, CDN$ 289.99 
Shield Pro, CDN$ 399.99 
Stand, CDN$ 25.99 
• A Killer View - Movies, TV shows and games in amazing 4K HDR, explore thousands of apps like Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, CBC News, MLB.TV, Twitch, Plex, Crackle, Kodi, and more.

• Amazing Games, Played Your Way - Stream AAA PC games with GeForce NOW. Cast your PC games in 4K HDR from your GeForce rig to the living room with GameStream. Exclusive Android games only on SHIELD.

• The World at Your Command - Just say what you want and let Google's voice search find it in seconds. Get search results from over 100 apps, including Netflix, YouTube and more.

• The Complete Package - SHIELD TV includes the remote and redesigned SHIELD controller with voice search, rumble feedback, and private listening, in a stylish new form factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 Shields, can't say enough good things about them. The new Gen 2 Shield is absolutely not worth upgrading to if you already have a Gen 1, but if you are Shield-less, might be worth pre-ordering? Seems a bit pricey; IIRC, I got my Shields for around $270 including free remotes.

I preordered since I need a new Android streaming box and am very happy with my Shield tablet. I doubt I will game much with this but it is the most powerful player out there so that's good enough for me.

I think the price is pretty equal to the Gen 1 launch price, and it's not like you can find a Gen 1 for a reasonable price anywhere anyway, so this is as good as it gets.

$279 at Canada Computers and NCIX. Sent it to Amazon with the better price link, but they haven't changed the price.

Been waiting for a Shield for a while now. Wish I had gotten a gen 1 when it was on sale last summer, but I am ok with getting a gen 2. Would have grabbed it yesterday, as CC has them in stock, in store, but they refuse to sell it. Their loss, went home and did a pick-up order from NCIX.

Last edited by a moderator:
$279 at Canada Computers and NCIX. Sent it to Amazon with the better price link, but they haven't changed the price.

Been waiting for a Shield for a while now. Wish I had gotten a gen 1 when it was on sale last summer, but I am ok with getting a gen 2. Would have grabbed it yesterday, as CC has them in stock, in store, but they refuse to sell it. Their loss, went home and did a pick-up order from NCIX.
Cool.

I like this box, Kodi plays nicely and was playing a bit of Asphalt 8 also. This is a quick Android box, and nice user interface. I actually like the gamepad's feel, although the weird triangles design looks... Trippy?

bread's done
Back