Hey CAGs - wanted to bring your attention to the Chase Freedom card. These days, its just about the only credit card I am using and quite honestly, if you want to save yourself significant $$$$, you absolutely should be too.
Q4 2016 brought 5% cash back at department stores which made Christmas shopping a nice bit cheaper. For this Q1 2017 (as the topic says) the category is gas station and local transportation (details below).
Anyhow - more about the card:
- No annual fee
- $150 Bonus after spending $500 or more in the first 3 months ****
- 5% automatic cash back on rotating categories that change every 3 months
- 1% automatic cash back on all other purchases
- Access to Chase's Ultimate Rewards site to earn more cash back. And access to a free credit score tracker
- Requires a decent but not great credit score. An average score should still definitely work.
From Jan 1st to March 31st, you get an extra 5% cash back in the following categories:
Gas Stations and on Local Commuter Transportation.
Includes: taxis and local commuter buses, subways, and trains; Uber & Lyft
Excludes: parking, tolls, and Amtrak®