- - - - -

ANY Skylanders + Disney Infinity starter packs $14.99 @ Toys R Us (Extremely YMMV?)

#1 Elite83   X1 CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

First time posting one of these, usually don't come across much where I live aside from advertised deals which are well covered.

I went into Toys R Us today looking for something entirely different and happened to see the sign by all the Skylanders and Disney Infinity sets/figures, simply read "ALL Disney Infinity & Skylanders starter packs regularly $24.99 - $84.99 now $14.99" as well as buy 1 get 2 (yes, two) free on Infinity figures (which seems normal since they're being phased out) and a lot of deals on the Skylanders figures as well, not sure if Imaginators was suppose to be on the list as it rang up at the register for full price til I directed them to the sign, no asterisk or not included items listed on the signs (about 6 overall around various parts of the section) so figured I'd post it up if someone wants to take a look and see if they have it around them.

#2 totoroboy  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

imaginators has always not been included with the deals from previous entries. I believe it's 2 for $25 on figures.

In any case. That's an awesome find and glad they matched the sign.

So far the best deal was through that walmart mishap for $11+ for the starter.

Buy 1 get 2 free has been in effect for a while now, however Buy 1 get 3 free has shown up occasionally. As mentioned above, it only applies to figures from previous entries.

#3 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1343 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, Imaginators is not included. The signs at mine have that marked.

#4 Elite83   X1 CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

Yeah I was just unsure if it was a wide mistake or the actual deal. They didn't argue with me, I literally read the sign and just thought that was how it was suppose to be, at checkout they stated $80 + tax and I just brought up what the sign said, they went back and seen the sign and adjusted it.

#5 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13083 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Most of the signs I have seen have had small print at the bottom that excludes Imaginators, sounds like your store screwed up.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#6 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1146 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

Picked up the Wii Superchargers Dark Edition based on a tip in the Skylanders day thread. $14.99 for the dark figures alone it worth it to me. Also picked up the 3DS Version of Trap Team as it was the only 3DS entry I didn't have.

Also noticed the B1G2 sale along with 6 or 7 Buzzwing Vehicles. Might go back to get one and see if I can find two other figures that I don't have already (not likely).
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#7 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

The Wii version of Superchargers is a completely different game. Stripped down to just a basic kart racer, but it has some tracks that aren't included in the versions for more advanced consoles. Also, the dark edition includes an extra figure, vehicle, and cup that aren't in the standard edition. Good deal if it's included in the sale.

tom_waits.png

#8 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13947 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

This was going on before Christmas, I wonder if it's the same deal or they brought it back.

Mine had that disclaimer for Imaginators as well.

Achievement and trophy hunters? GTFO.

#9 JDN169   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Came here to post this very thing. My store had a sign saying ALL starter packs $29.99-$84.99 were on sale for $14.99, no exclusions listed. Grabbed a copy of Imaginators and they adjusted the price for me.