Street Fighter Controllers - XBOX gets the shaft

Ruined

CAGiversary!
Well I just got in a pair of XBOX Street Fighter controllers, and it appears XBOX has gotten the shaft here. The controllers are simply not as good as the PS2 versions I have. While they look identical, the button feedback is much different. While the PS2 feedback is smooth, the buttons and d-pad on the XBOX street fighter controllers have a "springy" feel to them, like you have to punch them down and they pop up. On the plus side they have Live ports on the bottom. Really disappointed since I bought SF2:Anniversary for XBOX along with them :(

My plan is to buy one of the new Saturn PS2 controllers and use that with an adapter on my Xbox. The SF:AC controllers are just like any other 3rd party controller, garbage.

[quote name='dafoomie']My plan is to buy one of the new Saturn PS2 controllers and use that with an adapter on my Xbox. The SF:AC controllers are just like any other 3rd party controller, garbage.[/QUOTE]

I liked the PS2 ones, I think they respond well. XBOX ones tho, yuck. The tactile response on the buttons have that clicky feel like on the Nintendo DS. Not fun.

I found that the d-pad on the PS2 controllers was just way too inaccurate. Not to mention the controller itself was like half an inch too thick.

[quote name='Kryian']I found that the d-pad on the PS2 controllers was just way too inaccurate. Not to mention the controller itself was like half an inch too thick.[/QUOTE]

Well basically this is the same design as the PS2 but way too stiff. So now sometimes when you hit a diagonal you jump straight up. Lame.

I assume gamestop won't take these back either, right?

bread's done
Back