Nintendo Switch Canada : Available at Amazon.ca for Prime members - on March 3, 2017 at 3 AM Eastern (midnight PST)

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Did the trade in promo at eb games today: 

Base Values
WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 - 9 dollars
Donkey Kong Tropic Freeze - 9 dollars
Super Mario 3D World 9 dollars
These three have to be done in a separate transaction, using the 6400 promo to bump up 8 dollars and more games to 20 for wii switch hardware - $60

Zelda Wind Waker - 7 dollars
Super Smash Bros - 25 dollars
Twilight Princess - 27 dollars
3ds:
Yokai Watch - 15 dollars
with promo 6398, doubles the trade in value, got $148 total

Then a bunch of garbage ps3 games a friend gave me that was just taking up space. I'm surprised they had value at all
PS3:
burnout paradise - 4.50
mirror's edge - 2
tomb raider underworld - 1
lair - 0.5
skylander spyro adventure - 1
lego rock band - 1.5
shaun white snowboard - 2
Need for speed undercover - 5
unreal tournament III - 0.10
assassins creed brotherhood - 1
singstar - 2
dj hero - 0.05
Got 21.67 with edge card bonus 5%

Didn't realized I had two games over 3 dollars, or else I would've given them Chibi Robo Zip, they quote me 4 dollars, could've gotten the 10 dollar bump up bonus.

Anyway in total 229 towards the wii u, I'll probably go back and trade a few more games when I find ones I want to get rid of. Happy trading everyone.

PS: I don't actually have a WiiU, got the games thinking I'll  be getting one when the new nintendo console is out and I'll be able to score one for cheap to enjoy the games... Didn't think they'll stop production in November and all stores are sold out already... Anyway I think I broke mostly even with this trade for those games. Going to keep xenoblade chronicles x and Tokyo Mirage FE just because those are the only two games I really want to play on wii u, hopefully I'll find one eventually for a reasonable price. The launch lineup for the switch is weak, but I'm really just getting it to eventually get xenoblades 2, fire emblem, and the new shin megami tensei game :p

I'm just going to walk into wal mart and pick it up. At $400 and very few games available at launch, I don't see it selling out.

definately gonna adopt a wait and see approach to this system, its expensive and has expensive accessories and a weak arse launch lineup of what only looks to be Zelda...but i have a wii u for that which has the much enjoyed second screen. A great concept but with a 2 1/2 hour battery life and way to many gimmicks and paid online for a weak network infastructure i gotta wait until next year for the inevitable price drop...i mean even the 3ds sold poorly at a start of $250 so its inevitable. i wish they had waited a year and had a stellar launch lineup. wouldnt surprise me if it sells out though...mainly due to nintendos awful supply chain

The launch lineup for the switch is weak, but I'm really just getting it to eventually get xenoblades 2, fire emblem, and the new shin megami tensei game :p
I bought my Wii U with a similar intent to wait for games. I'm still waiting on BotW, there's no way I'm jumping to another system to get it, and then wait more.

I'm just going to walk into wal mart and pick it up. At $400 and very few games available at launch, I don't see it selling out.
It will sellout at launch. Nintendo has several million "loyal fans", who are actually detrimental to their business. The type of fans who get the system and only buy first party games don't actually support a system. That's how Zombi U basically killed 3rd party support on the Wii U, and extensively killed the Wii U.

Good luck with that. The Switch pre-orders are already all sold out. I doubt there's going to be any Switch consoles available at launch for anyone who didn't pre-order.

I bought my Wii U with a similar intent to wait for games. I'm still waiting on BotW, there's no way I'm jumping to another system to get it, and then wait more.

It will sellout at launch. Nintendo has several million "loyal fans", who are actually detrimental to their business. The type of fans who get the system and only buy first party games don't actually support a system. That's how Zombi U basically killed 3rd party support on the Wii U, and extensively killed the Wii U.
I'm confused on why you would have to wait for BotW even longer on the Switch? It launches the same day as the Wii U version.

Walmart doesn't bother with in-store console preorders. So there's a decent chance he'll get one, if there aren't retarded release day lineups... I don't know who would actually line up for a Switch at $400, but Nintendo fanboys are stupid.

Walmart doesn't bother with in-store console preorders. So there's a decent chance he'll get one, if there aren't retarded release day lineups... I don't know who would actually line up for a Switch at $400, but Nintendo fanboys are stupid.
Walmart is also one of the worst retailers to buy consoles from, since their stock is more non existentance compared to other retailers. Also, what does being a fanboy have to do with anything?

It's going to be one of the first home consoles, that actually allows you to play games on the go. So of course people will line up for that, despite the price. $299.99 is a good price point for the console, but because of our horrible dollar, we're paying $100 more than it should be.

Walmart is also one of the worst retailers to buy consoles from, since their stock is more non existentance compared to other retailers. Also, what does being a fanboy have to do with anything?
It's going to be one of the first home consoles, that actually allows you to play games on the go. So of course people will line up for that, despite the price. $299.99 is a good price point for the console, but because of our horrible dollar, we're paying $100 more than it should be.
[attachment=25183:_PLAYS1.JPG]

To get maximum discounts:

1) Ebates to get 1% cashback (worth $3.99)

2) Go to The Source from ebates

3) Once their, go to the bottom of the page and click on Email Sign Up (to get $25 savings code)

4) After signing up, go back up top to The Source's search bar and type "108063995" 

5) Add the Pre-order to your cart

6) In another browser window, go to your email account and get your discount code

7) Go back to the other browser window with The Source website loaded

8) Checkout and put in your discount code.

Once the product ship, you should get your 1% cashback as well.

OOS!

Just like Wii U, which also had preorders 'selling out', you'll likely be able to walk into Best Buy and Wal-Mart at launch and find one.

I put in my pre-order at EBgames just to get rid of any headaches of standing in line, or having to step inside a Wal-Mart. Going to put some games towards it too, because getting $56 for Star Fox is just too damn good.

Walmart. South Edmonton Common. July 27 @ 4pm.
2d6dafbc82c9ff380c963a68368ff1f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back