* * - - - 4 votes

Razer 2017 Fan Appreciation Event Jan 17th 6pm pst- 50% off 1 item with code

Crash The Servers Sale

#31 WesWarlord   I'll Take the Case! CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

WesWarlord

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

even at 50% off it seems kind of pricey

I've not really heard anything great about it on other PC gaming boards. The mouse appears to be pretty low quality.

It was on clearance at Best Buy before for $80 and I was still urged not to purchase.

#32 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

I see the Turret is there, I returned it was still in "coming soon" last year. Anybody heard anything about it? That plus Steam Link would be nice for couch Heroes.

I bought one for my Steam Link last year and overall it works fine for non competitive gaming. It does feel a bit uncomfortable after a few hours due to the angle of the whole setup. 

The mouse is small, feels kind of cheap (based of their Orochi), and takes some practice to use it on the small pad area. Although the mouse will still register if the mouse overhangs the pad a bit.  It does have light magnets on the mouse to keep it from sliding into your lap. It's not strong since if you tilt the keyboard too far it will still slide off.

The Keyboard itself if actually not bad. It is very click-y and feels like a premium laptop keyboard. It has some decent weight and the rubber backside keeps from sliding all over the place. The only thing I wish it had was some sort of textured WASD keys because I sometimes lose my hand placement. 

It's a good setup for games like City Skylines, The Talos Principle, and any Point and Click adventure games. It's just OK for single player FPS but forget about doing any MP. At 50 percent off I'd say its worth it for couch potato gaming. 

#33 Sielanas  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Recommendation for everyone, it also works on the refurb products. Save and then save on top.

#34 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

Where can you see the refurbished stuff? All that comes up is the laptops

#35 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

Recommendation for everyone, it also works on the refurb products. Save and then save on top.

I got 2 used Firefly mousepads for around $50 because of last years sale.

#36 dbaronjr  

dbaronjr

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

Ugh, Razer Ornata Chroma went from "notify me" to "out of stock." Probably not gonna get restocked before the sale.

#37 ghost1914  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

If anyone has a code they won't be using please let me know.

#38 DoctorZ  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

I'm still going back and forth whether I should buy anything. I'm eyeballing that new PS4 Fightstick. It looks sexy. $100 is the cheapest anyone can ever get a modern fightstick nowadays. Typically you're paying double as they don't go on sale often.

I'm bias since I play tons of fighting games.

I say get one if Razer is selling one, I paid $200 for my Madcatz's Ps4 T.E.2 while it is good $200 is still a lot for a stick.

#39 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

I'm bias since I play tons of fighting games.

I say get one if Razer is selling one, I paid $200 for my Madcatz's Ps4 T.E.2 while it is good $200 is still a lot for a stick.

Yeah I'm just a little nervous because the stick is so new, and there were issues with the Atrox that I would have to hope their adjustments have fixed. Plus you can't swap out the panel artwork, which seems a bit wonky for such an expensive stick.

#40 DoctorZ  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Yeah I'm just a little nervous because the stick is so new, and there were issues with the Atrox that I would have to hope their adjustments have fixed. Plus you can't swap out the panel artwork, which seems a bit wonky for such an expensive stick.

Well if you're paying $100 less just consider it a feature missing to swap artwork.

I personally wouldn't skip a stick that cheap if I had the money on me now.

Makes a great backup stick or primary either way.

#41 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

Well if you're paying $100 less just consider it a feature missing to swap artwork.
I personally wouldn't skip a stick that cheap if I had the money on me now.

Makes a great backup stick or primary either way.

If I do decide to get it, I'll probably just mod the stick so I can remove artwork. It's going to take some careful heating, prying and drilling, but I hear it's not impossible to get the plexi off. I'm pretty sure they changed that purposely so people couldn't remove the Razer logos and they lose the free promotion when these sticks are at tournaments.

#42 Sielanas  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Where can you see the refurbished stuff? All that comes up is the laptops

http://www.razerzone.com/store/outlet

#43 Viper X  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

First person to quote my post, can have my code.

#44 gamewizardx   I cast Magic Missile CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

gamewizardx

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

#45 ghost1914  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

I'm still looking for a code if anyone wants to be a pal

#46 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

If anyone is considering getting a Razer Turret, be sure to look at this. They didn't put this in the main product page which is silly.

turretcompatibility2.jpg

#47 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

If anyone is considering getting a Razer Turret, be sure to look at this

turretcompatibility2.jpg

So the mouse doesn't work with the shield? Wtf. Guess I'm not getting anything

#48 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Yeah it has some weird compatibility issues. 

Also if anyone signs up for Razers newsletter, they send you a code that allows you to get $10 off a purchase of $100 or more. I don't know if it will stack with this 50% off code.

#49 Viper X  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

PM sent

#50 Branyon47   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

Need some suggestions on which mouse between Mamba TE and Deathaddler Elite.  I currently have a naga from a few years ago but have largely stopped playing mmos so i want a good general gaming mouse.  I was leaning toward the Mamba because chroma is pretty but I just saw that the Deathaddler Elite has chroma too soo not sure anymore.  Anybody have any experience between the two?  I think my naga is a laser mouse and i saw that the mamba is laser and deathaddler elite is optical.  Honestly im not sure what the difference is.

#51 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

laptops are peripherals, right?

#52 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2000 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Well that means I have a code I won't be using. If you need one please PM me.

If anyone is considering getting a Razer Turret, be sure to look at this. They didn't put this in the main product page which is silly.

turretcompatibility2.jpg

#53 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Is that razer leviathan any good?

#54 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

First person to guess my favorite final fantasy game (1 thru 15) can have my code. I'm 40 years old so take that into consideration. 

#55 lusal   Not the fig plucker or the fig plucker's son... CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

FFIII

#56 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

FFIII

close but no.

#57 DietKFC   I pay $60 for Kingdom Hearts Demos CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

FFSix

SixSix

#58 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:15 PM

FFSix

SixSix

you win, going to PM you the code. 

#59 dbaronjr  

dbaronjr

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

Is that razer leviathan any good?

I have one and love it. Very convenient for my college dorm room setup. My roommate is planning on getting one tonight too.

#60 Raythegreat   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Raythegreat

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

Anyone have a code that they aren't using for NA
PM if you are willing to give your code. Thanks!