* * * * * 8 votes

Best Buy: Visa Checkout $25 off $100 (expires 1/21)

Visa Checkout Best Buy

#451 Bigbadwolfe911   Who's Afraid of Me? CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Bigbadwolfe911

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

I just used my $25 off on pre-ordering a second set of Joy-Con controllers for the Switch and Charging Grip.

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5730705

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5730706

Also it looks like the red and blue joy cons in this set are reversed from the console ones so if you get this set you can use both red together and both blue together.

#452 ghost1914  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

It's crazy how many restrictions they added to the promo this time. Remember last time tons of people grabbing google home or two years of plus.

#453 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3595 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

It's crazy how many restrictions they added to the promo this time. Remember last time tons of people grabbing google home or two years of plus.

yea I was hoping to do zelda and a year of psn plus :(

#454 srocky26  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

I wish Best Buy believed you, as they basically told me I was lying when I said some customers were not having to get their money tied up for months. I have only been shopping there for maybe 1 year, so I wonder if you all having your card info in their system before this policy change went into effect is the reason you get to bypass this policy (or before they re-worded it)?

It depends on the card, not Best Buy.

#455 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

Used this for Oculus Touch comtrollers, now I will be a true Virtual Boy

#456 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Everytime this came up I just assumed you had to apply for a Best Buy visa card, similar to Amazon's, and was wondering why these threads always blew up. Whoops. I'm late to the party but don't mind if i do. 

#457 PandaJohnson  

PandaJohnson

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Thanks to those that responded to my initial question. In my best buy order details the price shown in the payment method section now only reflects the cost of Batman VR (the only item currently in stock from my order). 30 minutes ago it reflected the full order cost. I used my chase freedom visa card for the order.

#458 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14174 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Which Router? I've been thinking about getting a new one as well.

Almost certainly the Asus AC5300. (Overkill? Yes!)

#459 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

I did it last night. I was going to do the Special Edition of Zelda plus Mario Odyssey but Zelda was no longer available for store pickup so I did Mario, Splatoon 2, and Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2. All three were games I want so it was a nice deal.

#460 Willemthefoe  

Willemthefoe

Breath of the Wild, 1,2 Switch, and the BOTW Link Archer amiibo for $80? Yes please! I love this promo, but my wallet hates it.

#461 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

I just used my $25 off on pre-ordering a second set of Joy-Con controllers for the Switch and Charging Grip.

Also it looks like the red and blue joy cons in this set are reversed from the console ones so if you get this set you can use both red together and both blue together.

Nice! Didn't know these were available. If only the Pro controller was up.

#462 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch ($40/$32 GCU) is finally up but no listing for PS4 version ($30/$24 GCU). Amazon has it :(

#463 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Thanks OP. I ordered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey.  If anyone is interested, I used this screen protector for the Switch as a filler.  No idea if it's any good or not, but it put me over the threshold.

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5721103

#464 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

Only two games I'll pay full price on the Switch are Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey. Everything else I don't mind waiting for a deal. Was about to say price drop but then I corrected myself. Jokes. Right now I've got Persona 5 CE and I'm thinking of Gravity Rush 2. Just have to know if that White Kat DLC costume is pre-order only or not. 

#465 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

Only two games I'll pay full price on the Switch are Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey. Everything else I don't mind waiting for a deal. Was about to say price drop but then I corrected myself. Jokes. Right now I've got Persona 5 CE and I'm thinking of Gravity Rush 2. Just have to know if that White Kat DLC costume is pre-order only or not. 

Splat2n is absolutely worth full price. Honestly, it's the system seller for me. Thanks for the reminder on Persona 5 CE though, I might cancel my Amazon order and preorder it here.

#466 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

Splat2n is absolutely worth full price. Honestly, it's the system seller for me. Thanks for the reminder on Persona 5 CE though, I might cancel my Amazon order and preorder it here.

Never played the first one. I heard there wasn't much difference between what was shown and the first game. Which the ball can be thrown in either court for Splatoon 1 players. For me that doesn't mean anything since I'd be getting into it for the first time. Is it like Overwatch in terms of face-paced, easy to get into, addicting gameplay?

#467 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

I seem to have lost my visa promo on one of my older orders. Check your old orders if you have a pending preorder on it.

I made a FF15 and Persona 5 order back on Nov27 which came out to just under $100 pre tax. I looked up this order just now and the $24 discount doesnt show up. I do see a promo code has been applied but the value is at $0.00. I also have an alert saying the taxes have been adjusted which indicates i did have the promo before but no longer. Perhaps the store pickup caused this, but im not confident the $24 discount will return when persona 5 is released. Anyone else come across this?

#468 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Never played the first one. I heard there wasn't much difference between what was shown and the first game. Which the ball can be thrown in either court for Splatoon 1 players. For me that doesn't mean anything since I'd be getting into it for the first time. Is it like Overwatch in terms of face-paced, easy to get into, addicting gameplay?

The first game is still impossible to find for less than full price, so even if Splatoon for Switch was just a straight port I still feel like it would have been worth retail. The level of new content (especially if it includes a brand new single player story) is more than what was needed to get me to pay $48 for it.

Splatoon and Overwatch are pretty great because even if you're no good at shooters (me) you can still contribute to the team. When Splatoon was new (and to a lesser degree, now still) I was playing it nonstop. It's pretty easy to pick up but there's a lot of high level techniques to learn. The story mode even taught you some of the finer tactics while playing like a 64 era platformer. 

Splatoon was my 2015 GOTY and Overwatch was my 2016, and pretty much for the same reasons. Both are addictive but accessible and are constantly being updated with free new content to keep the playerbase active.

#469 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch ($40/$32 GCU) is finally up but no listing for PS4 version ($30/$24 GCU). Amazon has it :(

Grr hopefully it will be up before this promo ends

#470 Lunaris   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Grr hopefully it will be up before this promo ends

Hopefully Bomberman goes up as well.

#471 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

My dec11 orders which came out to $96 pre tax are still showing a $24 visa promo. But those still have pending preorders on them (Tekken 7 and Resident Evil 7 for example).

Perhaps the store pickup and being under $100 now that they corrected this requirement caused my FF15 + Persona 5 order to lose the promo. Not sure at this point.

#472 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

Waiting on Bomberman to go live to buy that & Xenoblade Chronicles 2 w/ the screen protector

HURRY UP BEST BUY!   :D/

#473 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

$100 in printer cartridges for me. Nothing to see here, move asking!

#474 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

Anyone got a good suggestion for $2.55 in filler?

Nevermind, found something.

#475 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3582 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

What preorder dlc?  The only dlc atm was the free Raven story dlc coming in 2 months

#476 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3589 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

Of COURSE they had to make it exclude Bose...

Mother fuckers man....

#477 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

From what I've heard, Konami hasn't released Bomberman's price yet, which is probably why we can't pre-order it

#478 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

What preorder dlc?  The only dlc atm was the free Raven story dlc coming in 2 months

Her costume change into white clothes as opposed to her default black. 

#479 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4735 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up that Switch JoyCons and charging grip are available!  Are they a rip off?  Yep.  Do I feel I still need them?  Yep.  25.00 off lessens the sting at least :D

#480 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Just waiting for my $5 dollar gift card to arrive and use the $10 off email to purchase Zelda BOTW for $33. Hopefully they still have these promo by then.