* * * * * 8 votes

Best Buy: Visa Checkout $25 off $100 (expires 1/21)

Visa Checkout Best Buy

#1021 Ros  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

Octopath Traveler was just canceled on me after it was removed from the Best Buy website. Ordered with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a $5 Giftcard. Got my Giftcard and the price for Mario Kart remains unchanged at $38.28 after tax.

Same here. I was scared I was going to lose the $25 promotion.

#1022 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Octopath Traveler was just canceled on me after it was removed from the Best Buy website. Ordered with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a $5 Giftcard. Got my Giftcard and the price for Mario Kart remains unchanged at $38.28 after tax.

pretty sure it will change when it ships 

my dragon heroes got cancelled  calling up best buy today to cancel the rest 

#1023 GR34TD3STR0Y3R  

GR34TD3STR0Y3R

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Says the deal is still active. Not out of stock like last time. They added a bunch of new games for pre-order, but I cant get visa check out to work anymore. Then I looked back at the Visa info site and it says "one per person". So my 4 orders still have each have 25$ off. So it seems they are letting me keep my 4x25 discounts, but don't want me to do anymore. 

Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone gotten the 25$ off to work today that placed an order earlier?  

#1024 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2039 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Octopath Traveler is back up for preorder and was able to have Best Buy honor the original price. YMMV though. The moderators on the BB support forum said they weren't going to honor the price and had to speak with two agents on the phone before having one of them talk to their supervisor to override the price. Spent about 40 minutes on it.

#1025 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14120 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

I am only chiming in since the thread was brought back up.

One of the games in my last was Splatoon 2. When I went in to pick it up on launch day, the store had a ton of issues.

First, they said they didn't have a copy for me.
Second, they said they only had enough for preorders (and mine was a preorder so....?)
Third, they finally found a copy, but my order was not showing ready for pickup for them. So, they wanted to adjust my order to sell it to me.

I had an issue with this, because I didn't want to lose my promo.

After going back and forth for 15 minutes or so, they finally do it...and of course, the order is all wrong the next day! All promo stuff is gone, and Mario Oddyssey (my last game in the promo order) is back to full price.

It took talking to the the guys on the support site. Since they couldn't reactivate the offer, they just refunded me the total amount of what the promo would've saved me.

Mostly just an FYI if anybody else has issues.

#1026 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

sounds like when or if this promo comes back, it's better to order everything for shipping and not store pickup esp. for preorders

#1027 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Sorry to necro a 1.5 year old thread, but man am I frustrated.  One of my orders with the $25 discount from January 2017 needed a credit card update for the last remaining game (RDR2) to ship.  As soon I updated my credit card, the discount was removed from the entire order, including games that were shipped and delivered over a year ago.  They removed the discount and are billing me for the difference!  I have multiple pending charges on my credit card.