* - - - - 2 votes

Digital Version Halo Wars 2 includes both PC and Xbox One (Play Anywhere) for $47.99, 63.99 for Ultimate Edition. Amazon Prime Required

#1 Blindman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Blindman

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

This is the digital version which give you entilement to both the PC and Xbox 1 version with loophole to 20% off for pre-order.

PROOF: https://www.thqnordi...lease-halo-wars

Order Here: https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01MU9OGOY/

For Prime Only.

None-Prime member need not apply.

Ultimite Included:
Window Store/ Xbox Store Digital Code: Halo Wars 2 for the PC and Xbox 1
Halo Wars 2 on 4 DVD for PC Install
Season Pass of Halo Wars 2
Remake of Halo Wars 1 for the PC and Xbox 1

This is the digital version with retail packaging for the PC.

None ultimite give credit to poster below.

Post shamelessly stolen from myself from another board.

#2 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11246 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:42 AM

Should note that if you don't care about the season pass and other extras, the standard version also includes both PC and X1 versions for $47.99 with Prime.

#3 big raj 8642  

big raj 8642

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

You're awesome. Thanks for this!

You think this will be available at Best Buy as well or just on Amazon due to the nature of how it's being published (by THQ Nordic)?

#4 Darvan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:49 AM

Awesome, Thank You for the heads up pre-ordered done!

#5 Blindman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Blindman

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

I didn't see it from best buy, No idea. I don't work for THQ, Microsof, Amazon, and is not related to the incoming administration.

You think this will be available at Best Buy as well or just on Amazon due to the nature of how it's being published (by THQ Nordic)?

#6 iTz_Aghast  

iTz_Aghast

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

Should note that if you don't care about the season pass and other extras, the standard version also includes both PC and X1 versions for $47.99 with Prime.

Thanks Clemson fan! PS Go cocks!

#7 Grosbard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Grosbard

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

It's available at Best Buy but you don't get the GCU discount.

http://www.bestbuy.c...kuId=1000006658

#8 big raj 8642  

big raj 8642

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

It's available at Best Buy but you don't get the GCU discount.

http://www.bestbuy.c...kuId=1000006658

Thanks, but that's just a digital code. I want the physical box + digital code.

#9 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

I'm assuming based on another answer in another thread that the code will make the discs useless, but is there a separate code for the XB1 version or is it all tied together? I've never bought a PC game in my life and would only be doing this for the XB1 version so I was wondering if I would be able give or sell the PC version to someone.

#10 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11699 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

I'm assuming based on another answer in another thread that the code will make the discs useless, but is there a separate code for the XB1 version or is it all tied together? I've never bought a PC game in my life and would only be doing this for the XB1 version so I was wondering if I would be able give or sell the PC version to someone.

It should be a single code that unlocks both the W10 and :xb1: versions of the game for immediate download.

#11 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

It should be a single code that unlocks both the W10 and :xb1: versions of the game for immediate download.

Thanks!

#12 Blindman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Blindman

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Its one code.  The game is tagged in the window/xbox store as one item.  So when you buy it from windows digital store xbox digital store or enter a digital redemption code.  It unlocks the product for devices on PC and Xbox.  This only works for games denoted as Xbox Play Anywhere.  

Also if you get the disc version of halo wars 2 for xbox one. Because the disc is phyiscal, you will not have a digital code to redeem.  

Any DLC or season pass would also need to be only bought once.  

In summery, any Microsoft digital library that is part of Xbox Play Anywhere allows buy once and play on PC and Xbox One.

#13 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Hopefully more digital copies start having a physical release to get the discount. It's the biggest deterrent for digital for me, no discount

#14 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Have no idea why I just bought it but I did.  Thanks OP for costing me money.  ;(

#15 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

why does the xb1 get the special preorder bonus but not the pc version

#16 Graev   Graev of www.keenandgraev.com CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:04 AM

So is the remaster code in the box? No way to get it early like the other Ult editions?

#17 Troe123  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:09 AM

Just to clarify does the 20% preorder bonus last anytime after release? I thought Amazon did a 20% off for prime members for all games within 2 weeks of release.

Anyone know if Halo Wars 1 will come with the game after release or preorders only?

#18 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11699 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

Just to clarify does the 20% preorder bonus last anytime after release? I thought Amazon did a 20% off for prime members for all games within 2 weeks of release.

Anyone know if Halo Wars 1 will come with the game after release or preorders only?

Also, the 20% off within the first two weeks only applies to the full retail price. If the game goes on sale in those two weeks, the 20% off wouldn't apply to that sale price.

#19 Kevbo887   Defensor Fortis CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

Man id snag this right now if you could get the code for the original halo wars on xb1 right now. Really want to play it but trying to save $. Booo!

#20 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

Question on this because I'm a little confused on the whole digital code/activation thing.

I have a Mac, so the PC version would do nothing for me. Does the game actually have to be installed and activated on a PC in order for me to get the Xbox One/Play Anywhere version? Or could I simply go to Xbox.com, enter the activation code, and then download on my XB1?

#21 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Question on this because I'm a little confused on the whole digital code/activation thing.
I have a Mac, so the PC version would do nothing for me. Does the game actually have to be installed and activated on a PC in order for me to get the Xbox One/Play Anywhere version? Or could I simply go to Xbox.com, enter the activation code, and then download on my XB1?

Just enter the code and download on your XB1.

#22 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Just enter the code and download on your XB1.

Thanks for the help!

#23 Gainer   Cheapening it up. CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

I had just preordered this from microsoft.com.  Glad I came here and say your post.  Thanks!

#24 garrett007   Before You Go-Go CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

is amazon the only retailer selling this? would like Best Buy to sell it for GCU

#25 sgand  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

I'm in for the ultimate. I need some console rts in my life.

#26 nflsonic   Your Title is Not Enough CAGiversary!   744 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

nflsonic

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:19 AM

Awesome, in for the Ultimate edition. Thanks, OP!

#27 Gainer   Cheapening it up. CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

They just canceled my order. :(

#28 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Mine too first time Amazon has done that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#29 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

They did as well for mine, though I was able to get Amazon to give me $16 off the digital download version as a one-time exception.   Someone else in the XBL thread said the same thing, though it seemed to take him longer to do so. 

#30 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

They did as well for mine, though I was able to get Amazon to give me $16 off the digital download version as a one-time exception. Someone else in the XBL thread said the same thing, though it seemed to take him longer to do so.

Haha glad to hear your experience was better than mine. So what's the deal now? I've redeemed the code but the Halo Wars Definitive Edition appears to just be a placeholder for a few days until I get another code. Is that right?