* * - - - 8 votes

YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Poll: NES Classic is coming to an end

With the NES Classic coming an end, were you able to get one?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#871 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Holding something for Sunday means it is in the ad. They want this held for Monday because it is going on planogram which means it will have a spot in the Nintendo aisle. Going through all the trouble to rearrange the Nintendo aisle to include something that is going to sell out in 5 mins is pretty pointless but what do I know. :dunce:

Used to work there for years including as a manager and this is totally the stupid shit they would do.

#872 BraveMateo  

BraveMateo

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Holding something for Sunday means it is in the ad. They want this held for Monday because it is going on planogram which means it will have a spot in the Nintendo aisle. Going through all the trouble to rearrange the Nintendo aisle to include something that is going to sell out in 5 mins is pretty pointless but what do I know. :dunce:

If that's the case, is this going to be a thing where they ticket the items out, or are we going to have to run like hell when they open the doors? Me and my buddy are planning on camping at our local Best Buy, really hoping for a smooth morning lol.

#873 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11686 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

Well, I'm out.  Was going to try to get one for my daughter's uncle for his b-day next month, but some of us work m-f 9-5 jobs. At this point, saving them for monday morning is pretty much catering to the "professional" flippers.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#874 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12585 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

Used to work there for years including as a manager and this is totally the stupid shit they would do.

I saw shelf tags for them at Walmart around a week and a half before they started getting them in recently.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#875 ps2emotions   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

ps2emotions

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:17 PM

17862277_1532008546841479_67289025717589

Or Before searching for NES classic          After searching for NES classic         

The scalpers are willing to clip those who want to get 1 of the 5 they have their eyes on.

tumblr_oonxh3oM1L1rr6e7xo1_400.png

#876 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

The real question is will they limit it 1 per customer...I would hope so, anyways. Otherwise the first in line would probably take them all...

#877 DetroitSportsFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DetroitSportsFan

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

I wonder how many each store will have...

#878 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2548 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

There's a couple Best Buys near me wish I knew which one to go to for best chance

#879 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6337 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:20 AM

The real question is will they limit it 1 per customer...I would hope so, anyways. Otherwise the first in line would probably take them all...

Well soccer moms can bring all their kids and probably still grab them up.

#880 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12585 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:28 AM

Or you could just hire all the panhandlers by the exit ramps!

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#881 blackbeard4886   The Keeper of Flip Sheets CAGiversary!   2465 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Or you could just hire all the panhandlers by the exit ramps!

The lurkers in the Deformers thread might help for a Deformers code.

Gamestop/Best Buy/Redbox/GameFly Flip & Boomerang Spreadsheet

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

Ghetto Gamestop Brickseek Spreadsheet

#882 calismasker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

calismasker

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

The planogram spot for the NES classic is going to be Store Pickup Accessories. Also known as the cart of random stuff by customer service when you go to pick up an online order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#883 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

That location just adds to the weirdness. Are they expecting enough stock at each store to fill that display?

#884 calismasker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

calismasker

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:19 AM

That location just adds to the weirdness. Are they expecting enough stock at each store to fill that display?

Been off for two days so I'm not sure what stock will look like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#885 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4429 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Well, I'm out.  Was going to try to get one for my daughter's uncle for his b-day next month, but some of us work m-f 9-5 jobs. At this point, saving them for monday morning is pretty much catering to the "professional" flippers.

Pro flippers be like: i didn't choose this life, it chose me lol
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#886 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

My Best Buy always puts items behind checkout and does a good job maintaining order. If you're there in time you'll be taken care of.

#887 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

If that's the case, is this going to be a thing where they ticket the items out, or are we going to have to run like hell when they open the doors? Me and my buddy are planning on camping at our local Best Buy, really hoping for a smooth morning lol.

Depends on the store. I would call before going though as it sounds like a good amount of stores sold them immediately before they were told not to.

#888 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   682 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

Depends on the store. I would call before going though as it sounds like a good amount of stores sold them immediately before they were told not to.

Think that'll be the best bet, don't know if they'll tell me for sure if they will have them Monday but I might call a couple best buys in my area tomorrow to see if they'll be available , wish there were another way to check

#889 andythemeZ   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

andythemeZ

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Mini SNES or Switch XL...which of these will come true in the future? Both? Neither? Only one? So many rumors an speculation...

They need a friggin Switch Pro, cause that thing sounds like the cheapest plasticy POS worthy of an AVGN video like Atari 5200. It breaks in a dozen different ways. You have to wrap it in Shamwows before putting it in the official docking station. It's own screen protectors scratch the damn screen.

#890 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

Just went to Best Buy and they had a bunch of switches hanging from the ceiling. Apparently you had to ask an employee about them, then he sets up this ladder and races you up it. If you beat him to it, it's yours. We both got pretty heated so I suplexed his ass.

I now own a Nintendo Switch.

#891 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5696 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Just went to Best Buy and they had a bunch of switches hanging from the ceiling. Apparently you had to ask an employee about them, then he sets up this ladder and races you up it. If you beat him to it, it's yours. We both got pretty heated so I suplexed his ass.

I now own a Nintendo Switch.

C31mcNJXUAEe1ti.jpg

#892 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Of course Best Buy tweets that they're holding them for Monday....I wish they would've contained the shit show but they gotta get people into their stores right

#893 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

Nintendo doesn't want to make $5 a pop on these but they want to limit them enough so scalpers make $100+ on eBay? Collectors item my ass.

#894 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1045 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Best Buy is Smart with this ad. They know everybody and thre monther, grandmothet, etc eill be lining up for this. Flippers, scalpers have their work cut out. It'll be like a Walmart Black Friday retail opening everybody will be pushing and shoving. And if you don't get a NES Classic, you buy some other shit in the atore, maybe a Switch. Can't wait for youtube videos of someone getting pepper sprayed or something.
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#895 Alluro  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Is it confirmed or still a rumor?

#896 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Is it confirmed or still a rumor?

Best bet is to call your store. Some reportedly have already sold what they got or are planning to put them out Sunday instead of Monday.

#897 ritchardf  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

Nintendo doesn't want to make $5 a pop on these but they want to limit them enough so scalpers make $100+ on eBay? Collectors item my ass.

actually they make most of their money off their japanese reality show called "stupid americans"

#898 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

And if you don't get a NES Classic, you buy some other shit in the atore, maybe a Switch.

Gonna be difficult to get a Switch, since they're holding them until the 28th.

Guess you could camp out in the store for 4 days.
Hop inside a fridge or dryer maybe.

#899 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   682 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

Gonna be difficult to get a Switch, since they're holding them until the 28th.

Guess you could camp out in the store for 4 days.
Hop inside a fridge or dryer maybe.

2 stores near me told me their nes classics are being held until Friday with the switches

#900 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

2 stores near me told me their nes classics are being held until Friday with the switches

And every store in the area is going to be sending people there all week to get one when people ask to check stock...