* * - - - 8 votes

YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Poll: NES Classic is coming to an end

With the NES Classic coming an end, were you able to get one?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1741 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

Circle-wrapping is probably less stressful for the wiring inside the cables than repetitive folding, actually, but it gets a bad 'wrap' because it's usually associated with poorly taken care of consoles otherwise.

#1742 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12804 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

After being a naive child and seeing the wiring pull away from the PCB from strain of tightly circle-wrapping, I feel having no pressure on the actual wiring connectors is best. For storage purposes, I've seen how the wire shielding can become twisted, crack or fray from being taught around the controller as well. The folding method may stress the wiring more, but overall it's less destructive to the cable as a whole IMO.

Posted Image

#1743 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

Frys has all NES Classic accessories marked 50% off

#1744 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3280 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

Frys has all NES Classic accessories marked 50% off

They are only UP TO 50% off.  Picked up that system case for $12 (msrp $20) cheapest I've seen, an edge v2 for $11 ($15 reg), edge joystick $18 (reg $25), old skool controller $9 (reg $13) probably garbage but felt good in my hands.  They had some extension cables for 50% off, I think the cheapest was $5.  From what I saw, they have a bunch of everything except the edge v2 and edge joystick (huge box), so if you want those, you might want to bite now, but I can see a lot of the accs possibly going lower.  Probably most people who bought the NES classic lately are never even going to remove it from the box.

#1745 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1381 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

I have seen some targets still have carrying cases and controllers.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#1746 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

Best Buy had the insignia wired controllers for $5.99. Cords on those are 9 ft I believe