Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Nintendo announced today that the cool-looking Pikachu New 3DS XL that launched in Japan last year is coming to the West. The system arrives in North America on February 24, priced at $200.

The yellow handheld features a drawing of Pikachu on it. It doesn't come with any bundled games or other extras

Gamestop Pre-order is UP Online and Instore with $25  down payment!

Instore SKU# 141796  002/00

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-pokemon-pikachu-yellow-edition/141888

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Pikachu-Yellow-New-3DS-Console/dp/B01N25CO06/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-pikachu-yellow-edition-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-yellow/5748106.p?skuId=5748106

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vLbAF4cexg

Kinda Ripping OFF!  Still i want one.  Any pikachu fans out there? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
$200 is not a rip off but pokemon game is getting old and bored for me lol. 

I cannot find a link to PO these anywhere. Nobody seems to know and nobody seems to mention. 

Unless there is a link to PO these, why is this being shared here? 

omg so much yellow. Do want. I do kinda question the wisdom of spending $200 on a 3DS at this point but if I can score one I will probably bite anyway.

C28JL_4W8AENw8T.jpg

$277.59 for the bundle after tax and shipping. Approaching Switch territory right there. Sucks GS doesn't even give you a 1st party charger. 

People already putting the English version on eBay for several hundred dollars lol
I saw that with the switch as well. I don't get how sellers are getting away with putting up listings, as they don't have any physical item to actually send the buyer. What's the point? From both sides, the buyer and seller?

I'm getting memories from 2014 when the Pikachu 3DSXL came out at Target. Traveled about 25 miles to the only store that supposedly had stock available, but when I arrived I wasn't able to get one. :/ Now here I have another chance to jump on another Pikachu edition, and Nintendo releases it just a month before the Switch. Damn you, Nintendo. Why must you be this way. >_<

Welp I'm not sure if I will upgrade to this system.

My Pikachu 3DS XL just started having the annoying vibrating 3D slider issue that makes a distorted sound when the volume is high. Not sure if it's worth much now :(

i feel like the 3ds xls shouldnt be more than 150 since you could pay 100 more and get a handheld/console - switch..

It's an awesome looking device. Just makes me wish I really had any games to play or any desire to play it. I'd probably pick it up. As it currently stands tho, unfortunately I don't need it

that's cute... but i don't like the thought of pikachu being upside down when opened.

my protector looks better.

yjsX262.jpg

I pulled the trigger on this today. I was thinking about getting a Switch, but there's no games I want for it. I'll finally be able to replace my launch black 3ds. I've wanted a Pikachu 3ds forever.

I somehow don't see Target putting a high sought-after and limited release item up for sale.
Yet...that is exactly what happened with the Pikachu 3DS XL when it was released.

I don't think it was intentional, but rather the Pikachu release coincided with a store-wide sale on 3DS systems ($25 off all XL models, if I recall?).

Although still possible to have a repeat, it's probably quite unlikely given the rarity of sales on 3DS systems.

Yet...that is exactly what happened with the Pikachu 3DS XL when it was released.

I don't think it was intentional, but rather the Pikachu release coincided with a store-wide sale on 3DS systems ($25 off all XL models, if I recall?).

Although still possible to have a repeat, it's probably quite unlikely given the rarity of sales on 3DS systems.
It was actually $40 off and they were $160 each, I remember because I got two of them for my brother and I. We played the hell out of them and then sold them for almost double what we paid when the N3DS came out

It was actually $40 off and they were $160 each, I remember because I got two of them for my brother and I. We played the hell out of them and then sold them for almost double what we paid when the N3DS came out
Yep, I also stacked a coupon at TRU to get mine for $125. Sold it yesterday on ebay for $260 though it was in really good condition. I have Majora's Mask N3DS and one of the $100 xmas models. I'll be skipping this since the switch will be my main portable but hopefully there's another good sale this time around.

If I'd known this would eventually be released here, I might've held off importing the Asian Region 1 unit at $280... thanks Nintendo.

That said though, this is easily my favorite New 3DS XL special edition. For $200 I think it's worth it if you don't already have one. Since I already do it's an easy pass.. but yeah the timing with the Switch isn't helping for sure.

bread's done
Back