* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers up at Best Buy

#61 daring  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

Damn, i was off by an hour. Hope everyone that wanted one got one. 

#62 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4048 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Gamestop has the Pro Controller bundled with Zelda... for $129.99

http://www.gamestop....r-bundle/142166

Tempted to get it as I haven't preordered Zelda either, but a) that's full price and b) I would be paying with a gift card and if they canceled it I've heard bad things about GS being horrible about refunding the gift card.

Edit:

Gah, ordered it anyways. Will just cancel it later if something better comes along.

#63 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

How did Amazon last 10 or 20 minutes, but BBY lasted over 3 hours? They definitely oversold this bitch.

Maybe we will all get $50 GCs instead lol

#64 DietKFC   I pay $60 for Kingdom Hearts Demos CAGiversary!   959 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

Gamestop has the Pro Controller bundled with Zelda... for $129.99

Tempted to get it, but a) that's full price and b) I would be paying with a gift card and if they canceled it I've heard bad things about GS being horrible about refunding the gift card.

You have to call them or wait about 2 weeks for them to refund a pre-order to a gift card. It's terrible.

I would still pre-order that if you were planning on getting Zelda and the Pro controller. 

#65 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4048 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

You have to call them or wait about 2 weeks for them to refund a pre-order to a gift card. It's terrible.

I would still pre-order that if you were planning on getting Zelda and the Pro controller. 

Just did, but I used my CC instead. Had enough to cover it gift card-wise, but I guess I'll just use those funds towards my switch (still have $250 to go before it's paid off lol).

#66 waltercartman   Don't Be A Dingus CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

waltercartman

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

How did Amazon last 10 or 20 minutes, but BBY lasted over 3 hours? They definitely oversold this bitch.

I think best buy just got more. They had more of the zelda collector's editions.

On top of that it is a controller and they will make a ton of these.

#67 meatball2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

meatball2112

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

It's a controller...won't be any issue. But then again, this is Nintendo...??

#68 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

Spoiler

Don't get defensive when people question the price of the controller if you truly don't care. A quick informative post like Ferrari made informed the guy of everything he needed to know. Being a smart ass didn't help anyone. You're better than that.

#69 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:54 PM

Xbox One and PS4 controller MSRP prices are insane too, but I tend to find them on sale for $40-$45 rather frequently. Its just become absurd what we are willing to shell out for this stuff. I miss the days of system bundles that included a game and 2 controllers. Ill wait for the hype to die down before getting one of these pro controllers if at all. I got my wii u pro on ebay brand new for $20. This is cheap ass gamer and we are filled with MSRP threads about switch accessories. I guess the hype is real with this thing.

CAG is also a red alert for hard to find items such as this.

#70 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

I think best buy just got more. They had more of the zelda collector's editions.
On top of that it is a controller and they will make a ton of these.

I seriously doubt these will be in abundance on release. Nintendo perhipherals are almost always understocked and will be selling for a premium - I'd estimate in the $140-170 range.

And yes, people will buy them at that price.

#71 NeoMonk  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

Don't get defensive

You're the only one who took offense towards my first comment which is why i appropriately tagged a shrug/dismissive gif.

#72 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

You're the only one who took offense towards my first comment which is why i appropriately tagged a shrug/dismissive gif.

I just pointed out your terrible comparison. You should help uninformed people not troll them. They can go to other sites for that. You're alright with me. No beef.

#73 dVeLoPe  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

anyone want to sell one? controller or 10$ bby thing?

#74 Cagg  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

anyone want to sell one? controller or 10$ bby thing?

Sure thing. There are a bunch of people on eBay who would love to sell you one.

#75 malethief   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   440 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

malethief

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Amazon plays it safe with inventory numbers so you're guaranteed to lock in the preorder. Once they sell out that's all for now, unless people begin to cancel their pre-orders or Amazon can guarantee the manufacturer will send more in stock they will relist new inventory in stock again.

Best Buy and other physical store companies tend to oversell inventory thus cancellation emails get sent out regarding pre-ordering. I will say Best Buy is getting better on their website about not overselling their preorder inventory.

#76 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, no in-store pickup equals no sale. I'll just wait for mine to arrive from Amazon JP a day later and pay less.

#77 tonyvx  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Anybody wanna take over my Best Buy pre-order? Should arrive release day. Bought 2 so I wouldn't have to go pick mine up from Gamestop on release day and risk missing my other packages, but I figure I can just pick it up the following day and play with the grip for day one.

edit: gone

Edited by tonyxvx, 28 January 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#78 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

I refuse to pay full price for Mario Kart since I already paid full price at launch and for all the DLC.
So should I use my Switch reward credit from BB towards Mario Kart or a Pro Controller in store on Day 1?

#79 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10387 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

I refuse to pay full price for Mario Kart since I already paid full price at launch and for all the DLC.
So should I use my Switch reward credit from BB towards Mario Kart or a Pro Controller in store on Day 1?

Saw this in another thread. make up your mind, a little bipolar there!

Thanks for sharing this deal!

I got Zelda BotW Switch and Mario Switch with the Link Rider amiibo.

Came out to about $108 and had a $5 cert to bring it down to ~$78 before tax

How did I do? ^_^

I will probably get Mario Kart with the $20 certs from the Switch order and the $5 cert from this order.

I just feel so dirty paying for that game again, although it is my most played Wii U game

#80 iTz_Aghast  

iTz_Aghast

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Pro tip: There may be a few more in store at Gamestop. I called my local Gamestop and they still had some so there is a chance that your local Gamestop is still taking preorders for the pro controller. I recommend calling them before driving out there.

#81 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

Saw this in another thread. make up your mind, a little bipolar there!

Like I said in both threads, full price is unacceptable. And I didn't think of using it for the Pro controller earlier. Thanks for your opinion, although I would have preferred your thoughts on the subject I requested.