* * * * * 10 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VII 2017 Update!

#4711 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:54 AM

Yea, the game is modest in it's story line approach and it works so well.

Who knows, maybe SE will start developing a full on sequel with success of this re-release.  Not sure how trash like FF13 gets 2 sequels.

Badassedness, boobs, attitude, and angry scowly faces sell.

#4712 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

Warning:  violent, graphic content ahead.  click at your own risk.

Spoiler

http://www.nbc.com/s...kie-cop/2868167

#4713 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Just price matched my FF XII CE guide book at Best Buy to Amazon currently listing it at $26.27.

#4714 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

Got the CE Guide at my store, manager said technically it wasnt allowed since I ordered online but since I was a frequent she let fly, only paid like 1.09$ after the 20$ coupon

$20 coupon at what store?

#4715 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8181 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

$20 coupon at what store?

GameStop. It's a certificate to redeem points for (11250) rather than a coupon.

#4716 ghost1914  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:08 AM

Can you seriously just shut up? All you seem to do is post here and in other threads bitching about Amazon or Nintendo or fellow collectors or people that happen to like sports and FPS games. Nobody cares. We all know Amazon has bad shipping if you are anal about condition. It's a risk you take when you order from them. We get it. You are literally contributing nothing.

Or his great analysis of the Collectors market and how YouTube has ruined everything /s

#4717 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13871 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

I think it's the most love-hate of the final fantasy games. I hated it the first time I played through and never finished it. Then suddenly years later I decided to pick it up, and ended up really learning the systems and getting hooked. Now it's one of my favorite final fantasies. The gambit system, especially, is almost like coding in a way. Just be warned: it is different. The battle system is not random battle based and the story is kinda more meh imo.

Yeah this is pretty much 100% the thing. I'm on the hate side of this game but there are some things I think that are fixed but I have too much on my plate right now to worry about it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#4718 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

Once you come to terms with the fact that there hasn't been a Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VI and stop using games like Final Fantasy IV and VI as a point of reference to judge anything put out by Square since, later games are somewhat passable games on their own. It's just... you slap that title on a game you are presuming to fill some mighty large shoes.  The title has been abused for milking sales on name alone and it has tarnished it over the years.

I grew to like XIII so anything is possible.  XIV ARR was amazing considering it's a MMO. For reference I consider IV the best still and the gold standard for no nonsense classic Shakespeare like tale of JRPG narrative and story telling and Xenogears the best RPG story ever told.

The old school crew pretty much dismantled and went their own ways in the early 2000s and it hasn't been the same since.

Long disenfranchised with Square since the mid 2000s, XII is one I never played so looking forward to this one for the first time.

#4719 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3015 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

Vogyn made a shiny new thread. This one needs to be locked down.

https://www.cheapass...-viii-2017-2018

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#4720 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12828 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

You can literally get to a point where you can let the gambits control everything and not have to input anything.

That's when I quit on PS2. The hunts were fun, but were too easy unless you went for marks that were 20+ levels higher. Then it became next to impossible.

I'm going to try again with the remaster and go mostly for the hunts.

I vaguely remember this now, because the game kind of mimicked MMO-style worlds. Hunts were my favorite thing about FFXIV and I had forgotten all about it being a thing in this game.

TBH all I do remember is zodiac spear being OP AF lol.

Posted Image

#4721 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

What a pooper... I should have waited. EA Battlefield 1 Exclusive CE (game not included) is now $17.99 on Woot.com.

#4722 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8181 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Vogyn can you lock this thread? The community is starting to splinter. :D