* * * * * 10 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VII 2017 Update!

#61 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

new thread smells like chicken

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#62 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2936 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

Ultimate Edition for Injustice 2 is only digital items.

How dare you forget the collectible steelbook.

#63 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

[RESERVED]

Post any updates or corrections to the OP and I'll fix them asap. 

For some reason, the Newegg link for the Tekken 7 Collector Edition either doesn't work or takes you to a random place. Here are direct links for the different platforms and the Tekken 7 search in general:

General Tekken 7 search:

https://www.newegg.c...N=-1&isNodeId=1

PlayStation 4 :ps4:

https://www.newegg.c...3-194-_-Product

Xbox One :xb1:

https://www.newegg.c...6-093-_-Product

Hope this helps!

Edited by Tora Chan, 01 February 2017 - 09:29 PM.

Travis2310.png

#64 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

For some reason, the Newegg link for the Tekken 7 Collector Edition either doesn't work or takes you to a random place. Here are direct links for the different platforms and the Tekken 7 search in general:

Hope this helps!

Fixed thanks. Think the links mess up when the URL gets too long due to the CAG redirect website function. 

Is it? Gamestop doesn't list a steelbook but Amazon does. Exclusive? Let me look at other retailers. 

#65 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:50 PM

I would vote for including CEs where the only bonus is a Steelbook like Gran Turismo Sport. CEs that don't include the game could be added to the second post with a spoiler tag. I have no interest in them due to GCU/Prime not applying but they are going to become more common because stores can attach them to any sku of the game including digital versions.

#66 ghost1914  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Where is this steel you speak of?

#67 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

That's all I needed to hear.
Shame that this shit was exclusive to GS.

Yeah that's what saved me from making the same mistake. If I could have got it from bestbuy or Amazon I'd have ordered it, but I don't shop at gamestop.

Saw this today and it hardened my stance against them even more.

http://kotaku.com/ne...omer-1791874332

#68 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

I wish some brave soul would make a collectors thread for video game steelbooks -only-. 

Just a calendar of steels and their respective release dates. NA and EU. So you can track your ownership and plan aftermarket purchases over the course of the year.

I can do this. Just assumed there was one already in the wild. Could include that Injustice 2 SB that was mentioned before. 

I would vote for including CEs where the only bonus is a Steelbook like Gran Turismo Sport. CEs that don't include the game could be added to the second post with a spoiler tag. I have no interest in them due to GCU/Prime not applying but they are going to become more common because stores can attach them to any sku of the game including digital versions.

Sounds like something worth doing. 

#69 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:44 PM

Yeah that's what saved me from making the same mistake. If I could have got it from bestbuy or Amazon I'd have ordered it, but I don't shop at gamestop.

Saw this today and it hardened my stance against them even more.

http://kotaku.com/ne...omer-1791874332

Yea I linked that back a couple pages.  Last game I bought from gamestop was Killing Floor 2, and I wanted the remastered UMvC but now I don't think so.

#70 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

I can do this. Just assumed there was one already in the wild. Could include that Injustice 2 SB that was mentioned before. 

Sounds like something worth doing. 

Might want to throw up Hitman since it is a Steelbook edition.  Just a thought.  Came out yesterday.

#71 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:50 PM

Might want to throw up Hitman since it is a Steelbook edition.  Just a thought.  Came out yesterday.

God damn you. I was interested in it but didn't know if it was any good. Last few hitman games bored me. But this looked interesting, now in a steelbook?

Shame I used my bestbuy points yesterday.

#72 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

God damn you. I was interested in it but didn't know if it was any good. Last few hitman games bored me. But this looked interesting, now in a steelbook?

Yea I ordered 3 so BBY would ship it in a box lol

They did but now I need to return 2 lol

#73 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5689 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

World of Final Fantasy PS4 Limited Edition is on sale for $34.99 at Amazon.  I know a lot of people were looking for this version around Christmas. 

https://www.amazon.c...BSXZZP3EESXGQ4S

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#74 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2655 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

It's really good, and I didn't like Absolution.

Yea I ordered 3 so BBY would ship it in a box lol

They did but now I need to return 2 lol

Haha, I do the same thing. Sometimes they still ship in a giant envelope, ugh!

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#75 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:02 AM

nice thread :)

#76 wolf96  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

I had just caught up on the old thread last night and now I miss the new thread smell on this one, oh well. Well done OP, I still got that new thread excitement.

Some really interesting CEs coming out this year, should be good times trying to keep up with this thread, *tips cap* gents

#77 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19898 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

I just realized this is the new thread, and not the old, lol.

Here's to another fun year! :D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#78 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3256 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for taking the initiative! Here's to another year full of CE's and glorious, glorious steelbooks!

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Rainbow Six: Siege   :ps3: Dark Souls    :vita: N/A   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.   :3ds: Bravely Default

Most Recently Beat:  :xb1: Quantum Break

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

Kyanos is a Barium Silicon Carbon Bismuth Technetium Hydrogen.

#79 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:08 AM

FYI - More PS VR coming.

16422886_1847301588824924_10854160252594

#80 dualrec  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:11 AM

Really want that hitman steelbook. Maybe I'll do you guys a favor and buy it so it goes on sale just outside of my return window in a few weeks.

#81 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3256 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

Really want that hitman steelbook. Maybe I'll do you guys a favor and buy it so it goes on sale just outside of my return window in a few weeks.

It's beautiful. I'm guessing you missed it when Amazon price matched Walmart's $38.XX price?

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Rainbow Six: Siege   :ps3: Dark Souls    :vita: N/A   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.   :3ds: Bravely Default

#82 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5821 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:59 AM

It's beautiful. I'm guessing you missed it when Amazon price matched Walmart's $38.XX price?

really? when was that? i didnt see any thread about that deal

#83 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3256 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:28 AM

really? when was that? i didnt see any thread about that deal

July 2016 I think. I swear there was a thread.

#84 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13778 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

02/01/17 Fixes 3: (MSUHitman, Commodore Wheeler, Brenex)

- Added For Honor Apollyon Collector's Edition
- Added MLB The Show 17 Hall of Fame Edition
- Added Mass Effect Andromeda ND1 Collector's Edition
- Added Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box

Ultimate Edition for Injustice 2 is only digital items. Don't think you'd consider it a CE, similar to a deluxe edition from Ubisoft games. We have, or had, a thread about those somewhere. If not I can always put it in one of the reserved posts. Then have only deluxe edition/not really CEs posted in that section. Problem is there's so many of those it could easily stretch the entire first page and distract from the CEs. I can make a 2nd thread for just those if needed in the same format. If I missed something and it is considered a CE, let me know.

Put up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box. Let the masses decide whether it should be taken down. Didn't see too many commenting on it. Paint skills ftw.

Ultimate Edition of Injustice 2 does come in a Steelbook so does it fit the criteria then?

Also don't forget on Mass Effect there is a $100 non-RC model w/Steelbook. That's the version I'm getting as I have no use for an RC car.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#85 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

mmm i got in on that shit, really wasnt expecting a steelbook though, are all of them steelbooks?

#86 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49719 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

mmm i got in on that shit, really wasnt expecting a steelbook though, are all of them steelbooks?

Yes.  Physical release, at least for the moment, is a steelbook.  They haven't said if it'll go away from a steelbook, though right now, it is. 

#87 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

02/02/17 Fixes: (Fatbot3, Tyrok, Spraykwon, MSUHitman)

- Added Official Steelbook Completionists Guide & Discussion 2017 post in the 3rd post of the first page.

Took all your suggestions and considering doing an entire new thread for all steelbooks. Felt like it would just be too much of a distraction since everyone talks about steelbooks in this thread. Decided to separate editions would be considered CE and just steelbook/LE. Placed it all in the 3rd post, the 2nd post I plan to expand the CE section to anything released past June 7th which is this year's E3 date. I'll come back later to add any more, fix links, etc. 

Any suggestions or comments let me know. 

#88 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2936 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Fixed thanks. Think the links mess up when the URL gets too long due to the CAG redirect website function. 

Is it? Gamestop doesn't list a steelbook but Amazon does. Exclusive? Let me look at other retailers. 

Amazon - Injustice 2 UE

About the Product
  • With every match you'll earn gear to equip, customize and evolve your favorite DC Super Hero or Super-Villain, meaningfully impacting how your character both looks and fights.
  • Continue the epic cinematic story set in motion in INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together.
  • The ULTIMATE EDITION comes in a steel book case.
  • The ULTIMATE EDITION includes 9 additional DLC characters and 3 additional skins for Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl which allows players to transform select fighters into alternate characters.
  • The ULTIMATE EDITION also includes two exclusive gear shaders which enables players to customize the look of their roster with alternate color themes.

It's in the official press release to. Essentially it's part of the new wave of UE (COD, Forza Horizon, Gears 4) that is suckering people like me into the deluxe or season pass versions of games. That said, Injustice 2 looks Fuck ing fantastic.

#89 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2936 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

02/02/17 Fixes: (Fatbot3, Tyrok, Spraykwon, MSUHitman)

- Added Official Steelbook Completionists Guide & Discussion 2017 post in the 3rd post of the first page.

Took all your suggestions and considering doing an entire new thread for all steelbooks. Felt like it would just be too much of a distraction since everyone talks about steelbooks in this thread. Decided to separate editions would be considered CE and just steelbook/LE. Placed it all in the 3rd post, the 2nd post I plan to expand the CE section to anything released past June 7th which is this year's E3 date. I'll come back later to add any more, fix links, etc. 

Any suggestions or comments let me know. 

That looks great, thanks. You should probably add the Gamestop Tides of Numenera since it's a steelbook and deluxe edition.

Gamestop - Torment: Tides of Numenera

#90 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

Don't forget... we also collect Game Guides too. Plus, others like video game toys & figs too. There is just too much to collect. LOL