* * * * * 9 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VII (Much reselling discussions) 2017 Update!

#31 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   1983 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

But now I'm wondering what happened to the old thread. :)

Thanks Vogyn!

Mods dragged it into the alley out back and put two in it's head.

37970.png
Currently Playing:    :ps4: Nier Automata,   :vita: N/ATM   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8,   :ps3: N/ATM,   :3ds: N/ATM,   :xb1: N/ATM   :360: N/ATM

Game Collection  |  Game Room Pics

* CIB Sets: 32X, Jaguar, Jag CD, Sega CD (working on variants), Vectrex, Virtual Boy, Vita, Wii U (working on variants)

* CIB Sets In-Progress: 3DO, N64, PS1 longboxes, Vita (international exclusives), Xbox (OG)

WANTED: DinoPark Tycoon (3DO, CIB w/ Longbox) - if anyone has for sale/trade, please PM me!

#32 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

I didn't realize there was a T:ToN CE, but it doesn't look like it comes with a SB case so I'm cool with what I can get here in the states.

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#33 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

Mods dragged it into the alley out back and put two in it's head.

slice_zombieland_jesse_eisenberg_double-

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

#34 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5203 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

I didn't realize there was a T:ToN CE, but it doesn't look like it comes with a SB case so I'm cool with what I can get here in the states.

It's very existence has caused a crazy amount of drama on the Kickstarter backer forums.  People feel upset that if you backed the collector's edition via Kickstarter at a substantially higher price, you aren't getting half the stuff that comes with the retail CE.  

#35 ghost1914  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

Getting my star.

#36 wirtsleg   moar cowbell CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Vogyn!

#37 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

Looking classy, good job.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#38 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Nice and clean.  I like it.

By the way, anyone buy that resident Evil 7 Collector's Edition from Gamestop?  Was curious if it is worth the price ($179.99 + tax), now that a couple stores around me have extras available to purchase.

#39 elessar123  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

It's very existence has caused a crazy amount of drama on the Kickstarter backer forums.  People feel upset that if you backed the collector's edition via Kickstarter at a substantially higher price, you aren't getting half the stuff that comes with the retail CE.  

Pretty much everything I've backed that came out has been like this.

Spoiler

#40 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5307 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

By the way, anyone buy that resident Evil 7 Collector's Edition from Gamestop?  Was curious if it is worth the price ($179.99 + tax), now that a couple stores around me have extras available to purchase.

That depends.  Do you want a scary doll house?

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#41 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

That depends.  Do you want a scary doll house?

Valid point

I like your perspective.  And a dollhouse, I am not interested in.  But one that plays music.....

#42 MarsGaming  

MarsGaming

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Star

#43 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12663 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

Starred.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#44 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Friend of mine got it. It was cool at first and the music was nifty but the novelty wore off pretty fast. A model of a cooler house like from psycho or something I could see being neat but this quickly became just an old looking house, didn't have any character or personality to me or memorable.

Even the USB drive just got put back in the box after 5 minutes of jokes about it looking like a burned doll dick.

He admitted to buyers remorse.

#45 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

Friend of mine got it. It was cool at first and the music was nifty but the novelty wore off pretty fast. A model of a cooler house like from psycho or something I could see being neat but this quickly became just an old looking house, didn't have any character or personality to me or memorable.

Even the USB drive just got put back in the box after 5 minutes of jokes about it looking like a burned doll dick.

He admitted to buyers remorse.

That's all I needed to hear.

Shame that this shit was exclusive to GS.

#46 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

02/01/17 Fixes 2: (brotterr, Commodore Wheeler)

- Formatted all release title dates to appear before price
- Added Little Nightmares: Six Edition
- Added Anima: Gate of Memories - Beyond Fantasy

Two editions I'm shying away from atm since I don't really consider them CEs. Mass Effect Andromeda "CE" remote control nomad & diecast nomad. Amazon Link Its the smart phone app controlled toy car. It has the N1 symbol, related to the N7 division of the series. It comes with a nice steelbook that reads Pathfinder but no game. Not sure if thats enough.

The Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box. Square Enix JP Link Japan only atm, possibly not coming to the west. It includes both games but comes with a sick looking fold out box with illustrations on the front and back. Siliconera Link

I'll add them up depending on the response. If yes just like or quote this post a bunch. If not then we're adding to the precedent of what constitutes as a CE. I'm good with either, let me know.

I would put up the ME: A car editions because you already put up the Horizon Thunderjaw edition, there's precedent for listing a CE that doesn't come with a game. Not so sure about the KH one, there's no other import CEs up yet.

#47 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for making a new thread. My vote is to keep ME because it helps to make people aware of what's out there in regards to the carious types of CE for games. I prefer those that come with the game but still think it's a good idea to include it.

#48 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5307 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

I wish some brave soul would make a collectors thread for video game steelbooks -only-. 

Just a calendar of steels and their respective release dates. NA and EU. So you can track your ownership and plan aftermarket purchases over the course of the year.

#49 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

I wish some brave soul would make a collectors thread for video game steelbooks -only-. 

Just a calendar of steels and their respective release dates. NA and EU. So you can track your ownership and plan aftermarket purchases over the course of the year.

Sounds like we have a volunteer!

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

#50 ghost1914  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

We appreciate your sacrifice.

#51 ghost1914  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

Thunderjaw unboxing:

http://m.ign.com/vid...ection-unboxing

#52 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

02/01/17 Fixes 3: (MSUHitman, Commodore Wheeler, Brenex) 

- Added For Honor Apollyon Collector's Edition

- Added MLB The Show 17 Hall of Fame Edition

- Added Mass Effect Andromeda ND1 Collector's Edition

- Added Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box

Ultimate Edition for Injustice 2 is only digital items. Don't think you'd consider it a CE, similar to a deluxe edition from Ubisoft games. We have, or had, a thread about those somewhere. If not I can always put it in one of the reserved posts. Then have only deluxe edition/not really CEs posted in that section. Problem is there's so many of those it could easily stretch the entire first page and distract from the CEs. I can make a 2nd thread for just those if needed in the same format. If I missed something and it is considered a CE, let me know. 

Put up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box. Let the masses decide whether it should be taken down. Didn't see too many commenting on it. Paint skills ftw. 

#53 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Somewhat off topic:

I always say that Gamestop is a giant piece of shit.  Proof that it is:

http://kotaku.com/ne...dium=Socialflow

#54 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19680 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Somewhat off topic:

They're Gamestop.

Not sure you'd need any more proof other than the name itself to know they're a giant piece of shit.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#55 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   35866 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

Somewhat off topic:

This logic completely baffles me: Customer preorders game, boosts metric -> can't sell new copy of game or else metric will suffer, so tell customer no new copies are available.

Seriously, WTF?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing:  :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: Persona 5 :ps3: The Evil Within: The Assignment/Consequence :vita: Period Cube; Persona 4 Golden (NG+); Salt & Sanctuary

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Pac-Man (4.25/5) :vita: Sky Force Anniversary (4.0/5)

#56 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Somewhat off topic:

yes they are. This just happened to me recently a week ago when I was looking for a recently dropped price *NEW* game. On their website it said they had it so i created a pickup and when i got there they told me sorry, that their system was wrong and that they dont have any NEW game only USED. 

I ended up going to another Gamestop to finally find it NEW. Its really hit or miss, depending which store it is and who is working there

#57 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5307 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

Somewhat off topic:

It's just unfathomable.  Some of my stores had just recently become decent places to shop in the last year too, some of the time, for certain things, depending on whose working.  I thought that maybe the company was becoming progressive, but nope. 

I feel bad for several of the employees that try their hardest to just help people.  But that's what you get when you work for a really bad company.  It's no wonder that their employee turnover rate is like no other.

#58 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

I used to work for Gamestop for about 3 years back in the early 2000's.  Our boss basically told us that when a customer wanted a new game, give them the used price but actually give them a new copy, and then we would just damage out the used copy as new defective merchandise.  Eventually the store got fucked (I won't go into detail) but that was one of the ONLY ways to keep numbers up to make management happy.

This shit has been going on for years.  It is nothing new sadly.

#59 Tora Chan   I'll get through my backlog someday. CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

Somewhat off topic:

Being a former employee at GameStop, I am SO glad I can say FORMER employee.

Travis2310.png

#60 Offthecrossbar   Takes One Step Forward CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Offthecrossbar

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

02/01/17 Fixes 3: (MSUHitman, Commodore Wheeler, Brenex) 

- Added For Honor Apollyon Collector's Edition

- Added MLB The Show 17 Hall of Fame Edition

- Added Mass Effect Andromeda ND1 Collector's Edition

- Added Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box

Ultimate Edition for Injustice 2 is only digital items. Don't think you'd consider it a CE, similar to a deluxe edition from Ubisoft games. We have, or had, a thread about those somewhere. If not I can always put it in one of the reserved posts. Then have only deluxe edition/not really CEs posted in that section. Problem is there's so many of those it could easily stretch the entire first page and distract from the CEs. I can make a 2nd thread for just those if needed in the same format. If I missed something and it is considered a CE, let me know. 

Put up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Anniversary Box. Let the masses decide whether it should be taken down. Didn't see too many commenting on it. Paint skills ftw. 

Awesome job, if you can keep this up you are a Cool PersonTM