* * * * * 2 votes

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

#3541 GoldenSilver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

GoldenSilver

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

It's a $20 card that I got from Gamestop.

I bought a $35 card a few weeks back and a $10 card last night from Gamestop. Both cards mention WiiU and 3DS only, with 2 different logos used on their covers. Today, I opened my switch then linked my switch user to my Nintendo ID then redeemed the cards on the switch with no problems. I then bought Fast RMX and Snipperclips, so those cards definitely work.

#3542 leungw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

This is the dock only and does not include the AC adapter.  It's also out of stock when trying to check out.

#3543 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

The haul so far.

33189162416_c406322b4d_z.jpg

Takes one to know one.

Are those special edition Tigger place mats???

#3544 F1GHT_0N   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

F1GHT_0N

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Went to Target and they had 3 units left. I picked one up and out of there in 5 mins.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#3545 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Nintendo Switch Dock (Via Nintendo Store) $59.99

At least throw in a HDMI cable lol. I know it's meant to be a replacement part but they know the real reason why most people are buying an extra.

#3546 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

So I have a 10% off any purchase coupon at Best Buy. In the exclusions it lists Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles but leaves out the Switch. Lady wouldn't let me try to use it. Anyone have one and tried it?

#3547 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

My Zelda me, switch and bomberman have arrived. Holy crap, didn't realize the me box was that HUGE

#3548 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10092 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

At least throw in a HDMI cable lol. I know it's meant to be a replacement part but they know the real reason why most people are buying an extra.

I honestly don;t see the point of buying an extra, replacement is one thing but you're way better off just getting another system.

#3549 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

My Amazon Switch also still says "preparing" but that I should receive it by 8 pm.

Got all excited when UPS pulled up. He had my games but no system. Said that if there were no tracking, it's probably being delivered by USPS. My mail is usually here by noon, and it's almost 4 now. argh.

#3550 sctrojans83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

sctrojans83

Zelda took 1 hr and 7 mins to download if anyone is curious.

#3551 etterrules   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

etterrules

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

Someone posted earlier saying old eShop cards didn't work on the Switch. I was able to redeem my cards and they were over a year old, with only 3DS and Wii U on the front.

#3552 etterrules   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

etterrules

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Ok thanks. I should be fine then. The one letter is hard to make out. I'll have my son look at it for me. Lol.

I bought a $35 card a few weeks back and a $10 card last night from Gamestop. Both cards mention WiiU and 3DS only, with 2 different logos used on their covers. Today, I opened my switch then linked my switch user to my Nintendo ID then redeemed the cards on the switch with no problems. I then bought Fast RMX and Snipperclips, so those cards definitely work.

#3553 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Anyone taste a game card etc? No? Me neither.....the gallon of milk next to me is because I'm thirsty, not trying to get the taste out of my mouth......

#3554 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4438 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Sadly, my Target order won't arrive till Monday.  I have the regular edition Zelda and Pro Controller waiting at home.  I guess it's just as well since I managed to get an SE BotW from TRU this morning and that won't arrive till Wednesday.

#3555 GoldenSilver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

GoldenSilver

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Anyone taste a game card etc? No? Me neither.....the gallon of milk next to me is because I'm thirsty, not trying to get the taste out of my mouth......

LOL

The first thing my wife said to me when she got back from getting her morning coffee was that NPR was running a story on how many people were tasting switch carts. I thought it was just the one video linked in this thread, but apparently it's becoming a thing...

#3556 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Just got a Zelda Special. Ghetto Walmart still had 8 when I left.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

0210-in-ghetto-blog.jpg?quality=0.8

#3557 TheNeck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

my amazon order just got delivered, too bad im at work. :cry:

ive never tried to taste any cartridge, and im not going to start now. LOL

#3558 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Apparently the taste thing is entirely intentional. Nintendo was worried that small children would accidentally swallow the Switch game cards, so they intentionally applied a substance to the game cards that is designed to prevent people from trying to eat them. So the game cards tasting bad isn't just some production side-effect, it's pre-meditated. Don't put these things in your mouth, they have industrial-strength chemicals on them specifically designed to taste awful.

#3559 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

LOL

The first thing my wife said to me when she got back from getting her morning coffee was that NPR was running a story on how many people were tasting switch carts. I thought it was just the one video linked in this thread, but apparently it's becoming a thing...

Not only is it awful, there seems to be a mild irritant.... Either that or I found my 1st allergy....

#3560 Loboss  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

I lucked out, I got my switch in pretty early today via Amazon (10:30am, which is rare for me), hell I got it before I had a chance and pick up my BoTW and Pro Controller pre-order! Here is my early impressions of the Switch: 

THE GOOD: 

-Setup was very easy. Took about 5 minutes to get to the home screen (Reminded me a lot of setting up a iOS/Android phone), and then took less then a minute to install the day 1 patch for the switch and about a minute for the BoTW day 1 patch. Hardest thing I had a issue with was the Nintendo Account for the eShop, but that was because I forgot to register for the new account system and was trying to use my unmodified Nintendo ID stuff from the Wii U. 

-Titles are pretty quick to load, and Zelda does not take too long to load up. 

-Physical setup was also very easy, and pairing controllers to the Switch is easier then the Wii or Wii U, which I always felt was a pain. One minor complaint is the USB-C adapter for the dock feels a bit shorter then I would have liked. 

-The joycons feel pretty good in the hand and when they are in the shell they do not feel as bad as I was expecting. A bit cramped, but nowhere near as bad as some of Nintendo's other controllers. They also feel a lot more sturdy in the Switch then I was expecting (although you still want to be careful, there is a release button on the back of it). The pro controller reminds me a lot of the Xbox One controller, and the Pro controller does come with a USB-C cable for recharging. 

-Swapping between the dock and portable mode is pretty flawless. When you switch to a pro controller or the joycons after docking/undocking, it asks you to hit the shoulder buttons to sync it and then press A to continue. Pretty simple. I have personally not had any issues with syncing yet. 

THE BAD: 

-The switch itself gets rather hot when taking it out of the dock, to the point where I would worry giving this to a younger child. I also worry that this might cause some defects. 

-The fan is also rather loud, a LOT louder then when I had my Nvidia Shield Portable. It does seem to change fan speed depending on temperature though. 

-I worry about scratching the screen every time I put it in the dock or take it out. I kind of wish it was designed a bit differently or have a open design in the front or some padding on the inside. 

-Everything is much more bare-bones then I would like. I really wish there was some app support or better options on the eShop, or just some functionality that other systems do. It just seems like a waste to have this tablet option and do nothing with it at launch, not even Netflix.

-All saves are currently store on the switch itself and cannot be transferred to a SD card nor another switch or backed up anywhere. That is pretty bad and needs to be fixed. 

-It is pretty heavy in portable mode, and is something you will want to get a case to store it in. It isn't nearly as bulky as the Wii U controller though, which is good. 

-Battery is pretty bad as previously reported. I went from 100% to 70% in no time in Zelda. When not in a game, it isn't too bad, but still. 

MIX BAG: 

-This might be because I am playing on a fairly high quality TV (55 inch 4K 2015 Sony Bravia), but the screen quality on the tablet is not as colorful as I would like. It is not terrible and defiantly a step up from the 3DS, but it looks a lot more washed out then I would like. With that being said, the TV mode looks great and even with Zelda being in 900p, it still looks quite good. Honestly, I am just impressed on being able to take recent console quality games on-the-go with me. I am worried about some of the titles that will run in 720p though. 

-I wish the right joycon had some of its buttons moved down a bit. Its not bad, but does feel a bit weird. I also wish the + and - buttons were not so close to to the picture and home buttons on the Pro controller. 

First impressions are good for the most part and I am liking the switch, but I am worried about the actual power of it and how viable it will be with bigger titles or 3rd parties. 

#3561 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

You know you bought too much stuff when you go to Best Buy to pick up your stuff and they say "Oh, it's you." 😅😅

I went in and the guy that doesn't even handle me much whipped out my switch preorder for me. ( I just went there for my games not the console yet) I need a better disguise

#3562 GrilledWitOnions   Thrillhouse! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

GrilledWitOnions

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Is Super Bomberman R rare? It doesn't seem worth $50, but it seems like availability is weird. I've seen none at some stores, and piles at others. Since it seems like a game that might not continue selling well once more titles are released, I am worried there might not be any more coming.

#3563 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Is Super Bomberman R rare? It doesn't seem worth $50, but it seems like availability is weird. I've seen none at some stores, and piles at others. Since it seems like a game that might not continue selling well once more titles are released, I am worried there might not be any more coming.

If I recall correctly, there is limited availability for bomberman. Not sure if they are going to make another run of the game or not yet.

#3564 TransistorRadio   can't buy me love CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

TransistorRadio

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Bestbuy shipped neon joycons, charging grip and pro controller but no delivery date.

Amazon hasn't shipped Zelda 1-2 switch or most importantly gray system

Bestbuy botched the shipping. Won't get here until Monday. Good news is my switch with Zelda was delivered from Amazon! Can't wait to get off work! Only bummer is no pro controller or 4 player snipper clips this weekend.

#3565 TheNeck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

what is the different between Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment & Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove? should i play one 1st before the other?

this will be my 1st time playing shovel knight series.

#3566 Loboss  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Bestbuy botched the shipping. Won't get here until Monday. Good news is my switch with Zelda was delivered from Amazon! Can't wait to get off work! Only bummer is no pro controller or 4 player snipper clips this weekend.

Maybe its just me, but I always had shit luck with Best Buy and getting stuff day 1. I ordered Horizon back before it launched and it just got here today (and just shipped yesterday). Their in-store pickup has been pretty great for me though, especially since I only live less then 5 minutes away. 

#3567 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

what is the different between Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment & Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove? should i play one 1st before the other?

Same question. Looking for something else to play.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#3568 TransistorRadio   can't buy me love CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

TransistorRadio

what is the different between Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment & Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove? should i play one 1st before the other?

Treasure trove includes everything including Spector and original game. Spector is just the standalone.

http://yachtclubgame...l-release-date/

#3569 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

The cheaper of the 2 is just that portion of the game (new dlc/update) where the more expensive is the whole thing. They did it that way so owners of the previous version didn't have to rebuy the while game

#3570 Say_Jayx3  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

Got confirmation that my system was delivered and waiting for me once i get home  :D/ .

Has anyone set up a CAG friend request page yet? (Damn Friend codes  :wall: )

Would love to play a couple rounds of Bomberman with some people from here.....once i get through my first 20+ hours of zelda.  :bouncy: