* * * * * 2 votes

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

#91 Alluro  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

My only concern with tempered glass would be the fit in the dock. How much space is there when the Switch is in docked mode?

#92 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1356 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

I canceled my pre-order from Best Buy but I'm still oddly tempted to try and pre-order again. It's a sick compulsion. I know if I can just wait until launch I'll be fine and I can be patient and wait until there's better value, but I just can't shake the desire to pre-order in spite of the fact that it's grossly expensive for what you get and the line-up is abysmal.

What was really grossly expensive was the PS3 at launch. I picked up the $600 60gb one in jan 2007 & resistance fall of man was the best choice in titles & it wasn't anything to write home about. I looked at it as a long term investment & overall it hasn't disappointed still play it to this day. Comparing the switch to this 10 years later & the fact that the switch has the nicest looking screen built in of any dedicated gaming system up to this point & some great games are coming this year makes the $300 price point seem real reasonable from my point of view.

#93 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

My only concern with tempered glass would be the fit in the dock. How much space is there when the Switch is in docked mode?

Plenty for a tempered glass screen protector. They're not much thicker than film. Were talking millimeters. Almost certain I seen somewhere there was still plenty of space for them and all of the listings I've seen guarantee the fit into the dock. Should be ok

#94 GohanX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Which tempered glass protector are you guys getting? I see a few on Amazon, I have no clue what the differences are.

#95 TheNeck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Which tempered glass protector are you guys getting? I see a few on Amazon, I have no clue what the differences are.

i ordered this one myself. https://smile.amazon...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one should be fine as well. https://smile.amazon... tempered glass

#96 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

I pre-ordered the tempered glass from Snakebyte, 7.99 w/Prime shipping. OOS, though.61PlRN3zuvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

#97 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2780 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

What was really grossly expensive was the PS3 at launch. I picked up the $600 60gb one in jan 2007 & resistance fall of man was the best choice in titles & it wasn't anything to write home about. I looked at it as a long term investment & overall it hasn't disappointed still play it to this day. Comparing the switch to this 10 years later & the fact that the switch has the nicest looking screen built in of any dedicated gaming system up to this point & some great games are coming this year makes the $300 price point seem real reasonable from my point of view.

marvel ultimate alliance was a launch title, so if you hadn't already played it on 360 that was probably the best one

#98 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

What are these great games coming this year you speak of? Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey are the only games I would consider great. Xenoblade is not coming out this year. Let that pipe dream go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#99 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

What are these great games coming this year you speak of? Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey are the only games I would consider great. Xenoblade is not coming out this year. Let that pipe dream go.

exactly, except zelda is also on wii u, mario kart is a port, and odyssey isn't coming out until this holiday at the earliest.

#100 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count. Mario in the hood and Xenoblade Muppet Baby Edition don't look that good either.

#101 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

Color scheme? I like the gray personally just because I like uniformity among my consoles. I have a white Xbox One S and it kills me.

The neon is nice and vibrant and the matte choice is the good choice compared to glossy finish. If you like the colors, you will not be disappointed in person.8

Did you find the alternate red/blue distracting in handheld mode? It seems fine for MK8, but it seems like it would contrast with BotW, and especially Splatoon 2.

#102 gentlyporking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

gentlyporking

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count. Mario in the hood and Xenoblade Muppet Baby Edition don't look that good either.

They sure as hell do count. Especially for many of us who skipped on the Wii U.

I'm looking forward to some more ports of Wii U games this first year -- that should make the Switch a hit for someone like me, whose last Nintendo console was the Gamecube.

#103 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

There are lots of excellent games releasing this year:

6pagkooipaey.png

If there's not enough for you to justify the $300 purchase yet, just wait until there is.  I see at least a dozen games I'm planning to buy in 2017, depending on if a few get physical releases.

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count.

Yes they do.  Less so if you have a Wii U, but it doesn't change the fact that both will be available with their best versions on the Switch.

#104 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

exactly, except zelda is also on wii u, mario kart is a port, and odyssey isn't coming out until this holiday at the earliest.

Yeah let's be honest I'm buying the system cause I'm a gaming nerd that can't live without having the latest and greatest on release date. Nintendo's showing with the Switch is pretty depressing. I am going to love playing some Zelda though. Plus I have an Xbox one and a PS4 as well so I'll have other stuff to play. I just don't get why people make it seem like Nintendo is releasing some amazing innovative system that will have all these games. It won't. It will have a couple (2-3) great games a year. That's it.

#105 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

6pagkooipaey.png

If there's not enough for you to justify the $300 purchase yet, just wait until there is. I see at least a dozen games I'm planning to buy in 2017, depending on if a few get physical releases.

Yes they do. Less so if you have a Wii U, but it doesn't change the fact that both will be available with their best versions on the Switch.

You're right. 95% of those games are useless to me. They are mostly available on other systems or not even worth the time to play. I'm an adult with kids. I'm very greedy with the time I spend on games.

#106 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1740 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

6pagkooipaey.png.

Wait is that image official? I see Pokémon on there ...

#107 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

You're right. 95% of those games are useless to me. They are mostly available on other systems or not even worth the time to play. I'm an adult with kids. I'm very greedy with the time I spend on games.

With that being said I'm still hyped for the Switch release. Probably gonna to to a midnight opening with my daughter. It's going to be here first time going to a midnight system release and I'm really excited to share that with her. I always loved midnight system launches. Always met fun and awesome people.

#108 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Wait is that image official? I see Pokémon on there ...

I've seen that image several times but none of that stuff is confirmed. At most we'll get 10% of that stuff this year.

#109 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

I am really curious to see if we get Dragon Quest X on the Switch in NA.  The thought of grinding MMO levels playing DQ on my Nintendo gets me rock hard. 

#110 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

I am really curious to see if we get Dragon Quest X on the Switch in NA. The thought of grinding MMO levels playing DQ on my Nintendo gets me rock hard.

Spit my water at my desk. Lol

#111 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

6pagkooipaey.png

If there's not enough for you to justify the $300 purchase yet, just wait until there is.  I see at least a dozen games I'm planning to buy in 2017, depending on if a few get physical releases.

Yes they do.  Less so if you have a Wii U, but it doesn't change the fact that both will be available with their best versions on the Switch.

I am getting a Switch, but can't say I am interested in a large chunk of those games. I am buying the Switch for the first-party titles. I also don't think we will get both Xeonblade 2 and Mario this year, one of those will most definitely be delayed.

#112 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...rdware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.

#113 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

I understand what you're saying, as I am also a parent. However, here is what I love about the Switch; If I want to play PES on PS4, my son can simply play the Switch in handheld mode. We did this with the Wii U, and it was perfect. 

I, as an adult, am getting BotW, MK8D, Snipperclips, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario Odyssey this year. My son will obviously play those games, too, but he is also excited about several other titles that I have no interest in. 

All things considered, though, had I not gotten more for my Wii U than I paid for it, I wouldn't be getting the Switch at launch. It was very close to a straight swap.

#114 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

It will be fun to look back and see how many of the games on that list actually release in 2017. 

#115 tonyvx  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...rdware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.

"... people who have been traditionally Nintendo handheld gamers ... they may buy Nintendo Switch and then for example, if a new version were to come out later, then maybe they would decide to upgrade to that."

You know damn well we'll upgrade to that you bastard.

Also if they release a "Joycon Pro" with classic grip handles and/or d-pad, I'll buy that immediately.

#116 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

I understand what you're saying, as I am also a parent. However, here is what I love about the Switch; If I want to play PES on PS4, my son can simply play the Switch in handheld mode. We did this with the Wii U, and it was perfect.

I, as an adult, am getting BotW, MK8D, Snipperclips, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario Odyssey this year. My son will obviously play those games, too, but he is also excited about several other titles that I have no interest in.

All things considered, though, had I not gotten more for my Wii U than I paid for it, I wouldn't be getting the Switch at launch. It was very close to a straight swap.

My kids have no interest in Nintendo, Xbox, or PS4. They play games on their tablets. Bought them both 3ds' and they never used them. Actually trading those to buy the Switch. Apple has taken a large mind share of kids and gaming.

#117 tonyvx  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Here's a neat picture showing Switch size comparison:

handheld-sizes.png

Look at the GBA vs the Switch. Absolutely mind blowing. GBA was hands down my favorite Xmas gift I ever got as a kid, I was so impressed by that thing. Upgrading from a regular Gameboy in 2001 I felt like I had the hottest piece of technology that ever existed. The idea of something like the Switch seemed unfathomable, almost still does.

Also lol look at the Wii U Gamepad. I love ya, but you're a clunky piece of sh**.

#118 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

I never had an issue with the Wii U Gamepad, (well besides battery life lawl).   I thought it was surprisingly comfortable to hold and had a good weight. 

#119 tonyvx  

Also Gamestop has more Switch Pro controllers in stock:

http://www.gamestop....ntroller/141852

#120 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Am I the only one that is really only buying the Switch at launch to play  1 2 Switch and check out the new hardware?  

I have a Wii U so I feel like I can't say Zelda is a reason.