* * * * * 2 votes

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

#121 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

All those flashy pictures of titles don't mean shit. It's pretty deceptive and scummy on Nintendo's part. If you just made a list of those games it wouldn't impress anyone with sense.

#122 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

That game list is fake. Someone made part of that on reddit. Some of those games are just rumored

#123 tonyvx  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

I never had an issue with the Wii U Gamepad, (well besides battery life lawl).   I thought it was surprisingly comfortable to hold and had a good weight. 

Oh yeah, I agree. I have giant hands, so it is easily the most comfortable controller I've ever held. My lady has also accidentally catapulted it against the wall a few times and dropped it dozens more, and it's indestructible. However, it actually looks like something that is meant to be tossed around by a child. This is what I assume people see when I try to show it off to them:

VTech-InnoTab-Boy-2.jpg

#124 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...rdware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.

Of course they will. It'll be down the line though. The possibilities of special edition consoles on top of that is exciting. Pikachu Yellow anyone?

Also Lol at those guys that said hardware upgrades for the Switch wasn't a possibility.

#125 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10214 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

My kids have no interest in Nintendo, Xbox, or PS4. They play games on their tablets. Bought them both 3ds' and they never used them. Actually trading those to buy the Switch. Apple has taken a large mind share of kids and gaming.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My daughter is an avid 3ds player, she really gets into the Wii and Wii U as well. Don't get me wrong she uses her iPad as well but I very rarely buy any games. I have a plethora of games to play with console wise, so she really doesn't get bored with that.

With that said she is getting her own switch, debating if I should keep my third order for my son. He's only four and he already treats his innopad and leap pad like crap.

#126 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

My daughter is an avid 3ds player, she really gets into the Wii and Wii U as well. Don't get me wrong she uses her iPad as well but I very rarely buy any games. I have a plethora of games to play with console wise, so she really doesn't get bored with that.

With that said she is getting her own switch, debating if I should keep my third order for my son. He's only four and he already treats his innopad and leap pad like crap.

I want to do the same. I keep pushing traditional consoles on them. I'm buying one for myself and one for each of my kids. Deal breaker would be if there is no game sharing like on Xbox and PS4. One digital copy to use on two system would be nice.

#127 tonyvx  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

Any chance you wanna adopt me? I'm potty trained, plus I can cook and clean. If you get me my own Switch I'll even call you daddy.

#128 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1298 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Am I the only one that is really only buying the Switch at launch to play  1 2 Switch and check out the new hardware?  

I have a Wii U so I feel like I can't say Zelda is a reason.

Yes, yes you are, and it's fine. I just want to take zelda on the go.... Work, trips, vacations, etc. With the Switch, Vita and 3DS, my next flight will not be boring.

#129 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:22 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...rdware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.

I don't know how this can be taken as good news.  Nintendo is always selling people the latest version of their plastic and people just eat it up for some reason.   To me, it's just another reminder that you're never safe because early adopters get screwed, there's always more plastic controllers to buy, and the next big hardware revision is always right around the corner.  Issues that you don't get with the other systems.  The LE 3DS systems are very cool, but Nintendo doesn't offer other nice limited edition hardware or peripherals. 

The Switch hasn't come out yet and people are getting excited over Nintendo already publicly discussing monetizing more plastic in the future.  I really don't understand it.

#130 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

So there's a ten dollar price difference between Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch vs PS4. $40 on NS, $30 on PS4. And then there's the rumor of Lego Worlds doing the same thing, $10 price difference on Switch vs the other platforms.

I hope this price difference thing stops right here. That's ridiculous imo. If the norm becomes "it's more expensive cause there is a console AND a handheld version that needs to be developed for," that's just the devs charging more because they think they can get away with it. Its disgusting and a ripoff.

Has Been Heroes is a definite buy for me at $19.99 then. Its the same price across all platforms. Eff off to Bomberman and Tetris being $40-$50. They should be $30 max / end rant

#131 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

So there's a ten dollar price difference between Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch vs PS4. $40 on NS, $30 on PS4. And then there's the rumor of Lego Worlds doing the same thing, $10 price difference on Switch vs the other platforms.

The physical version is a limited edition that comes with Tetris and Puyo Puyo keychains, that's why it's $10 more.

#132 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

I am getting more anxious each day. March 3 can't get here fast enough.

#133 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

I don't know how this can be taken as good news. Nintendo is always selling people the latest version of their plastic and people just eat it up for some reason. To me, it's just another reminder that you're never safe because early adopters get screwed, there's always more plastic controllers to buy, and the next big hardware revision is always right around the corner. Issues that you don't get with the other systems. The LE 3DS systems are very cool, but Nintendo doesn't offer other nice limited edition hardware or peripherals.

The Switch hasn't come out yet and people are getting excited over Nintendo already publicly discussing monetizing more plastic in the future. I really don't understand it.

I'm not sure why you don't see the same comparison with the other 2 systems? Xbox One had multiple controller revisions, an elite controller, a slim console, and a future pro version. Playstation has a slim and pro model now along with a new controller revision.

#134 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1816 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

I don't know how this can be taken as good news. Nintendo is always selling people the latest version of their plastic and people just eat it up for some reason. To me, it's just another reminder that you're never safe because early adopters get screwed, there's always more plastic controllers to buy, and the next big hardware revision is always right around the corner. Issues that you don't get with the other systems. The LE 3DS systems are very cool, but Nintendo doesn't offer other nice limited edition hardware or peripherals.

The Switch hasn't come out yet and people are getting excited over Nintendo already publicly discussing monetizing more plastic in the future. I really don't understand it.

PS4 Pro and Scorpio?

#135 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

The physical version is a limited edition that comes with Tetris and Puyo Puyo keychains, that's why it's $10 more.

Okay, thank goodness. Thanks for clearing that up :)

#136 tonyvx  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

My excitement is only matched by a nagging paranoia something will go wrong with my preorders. I don't trust Amazon one bit.  :shame:

#137 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

My excitement is only matched by a nagging paranoia something will go wrong with my preorders. I don't trust Amazon one bit. :shame:

Gotta preorder at multiple places. I have no faith in any retailer to not Fuck it all up.

#138 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9161 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

For real.  "Exciting time in the world right now."

7.jpg

#139 NeoMonk  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

Why are people acting like E3 isn't going to happen?

Nintendo is notorious for announcing games on E3 that come out that very year

while MS & Sony are showing you games you'll play 3 years from now.  :-

#140 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

Why are people acting like E3 isn't going to happen?
Nintendo is notorious for announcing games on E3 that come out that very year
while MS & Sony are showing you games you'll play 3 years from now. :-

Nintendo is also notorious for taking forever to develop games. Come on man.

#141 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1298 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

Crap....just remembered that 1: I have prime and 2: preorder discounts..... just added Bomberman R (I am a sucker for Bomberman) and Puyo Tetris since preordering them knocked off around $10 each.

I'm supposed to be saving money

#142 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

There are lots of excellent games releasing this year:

6pagkooipaey.png

Later in 2017: 

"Xenoblade, slated for 2017 release, will be delayed until 2018." -- Nintendo. 

The following year ... 

"Xenoblade, slated for 2018 release, will be delayed until 2019." -- Nintendo

The following year ... 

"Xenoblade will debut on the new Nintendo GameJoy Console in 2020." -- Nintendo

#143 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

OK, I am basically a "pre-order everything, ask questions later" kind of guy when it comes to new consoles, so hopefully someone will indulge me and answer my couple of questions:

1. If it mostly just me playing, with maybe one of my kids doing co-op/versus from time to time - will I be OK with just the included joy-cons plus a pro controller?

2. why are joy-cons being sold separately for $50 per side? Other than breaking one, what would necessitate buying just one?

3. what do the BotW amiibos being released on the 3rd actually do in the game?

Thanks!

#144 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

OK, I am basically a "pre-order everything, ask questions later" kind of guy when it comes to new consoles, so hopefully someone will indulge me and answer my couple of questions:

1. If it mostly just me playing, with maybe one of my kids doing co-op/versus from time to time - will I be OK with just the included joy-cons plus a pro controller?

2. why are joy-cons being sold separately for $50 per side? Other than breaking one, what would necessitate buying just one?

Thanks!

1. Yes, you should be more than fine. 

2. Money and it's Nintendo. I expect the $80 package to be hard to find thus forcing people into buying two JoyCons separately to spend more money.

3. The Amiibo's mostly collect dust on a shelf, but will add some content to the game. I am not sure what that content is, but if the past Amiibo support is any indication it won't be worthwhile content.

#145 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

First console preorder here as well. Definitely can not wait to hold in my hands and to get lost in BotW. 

I'm curious at how "lost" you can get in BotW.

From the videos I've seen, yes, it is a large world...but there's tons of open, flat world.

I'm looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4. That's looking to be a huge world to get lost in too.

#146 DoctorZ  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

Thanks!

1. should be fine from my understanding with the joy grip.

2. I highly recommend buying the package joy-cons for $80, like the other poster said they will be most be hard to find later

3. it isn't the breath of wild amiibo since I've haven't seen any note on what they might do yet but the 30th anniversary amiibo will do something.  http://nintendo.tumb...sary-amiibo-are

http://www.polygon.c...e-wild-function

#147 jamesesdad   The Juiceman Cometh CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

jamesesdad

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Canceled my gamestop pro controller preorder last night. Couldn't justify the 90 dollars after tax and shipping to get it on release day. Hopefully if I really feel the need for one they'll be available after launch. While I do think the right analog stick, and separate buttons for the dpad on the jcons are somewhat questionable decisions, for the games I'll be playing on launch (Zelda, BoI, maybe 1,2 switch), I don't really see it being a problem. Once MK8 and Splatoon come out I'll likely try and scoop a pro controller.

Not sure why everyone is so skeptical a lot of the games on that image floating around will make it out this year. 75% of the games listed for 2017 are ports from other consoles. The only game that seems likely to slip past 2017 is xenoblade chronicles 2. Mario is a flagship title, and needs to be out this holiday shopping season to drive consumer interest in the new platform.

Probably more excited than i should be about a reversible cover and 2 sticker sheets, but I'm hyped for binding of isaac. 31.99 with prime discount seems super reasonable as Rebirth goes for 15 and Afterbirth, Afterbirth+ DLC sell for 10 dollars each. Just look at the chibbi goodness! I hope more download only games get physical editions on the switch with these kind of goodies!h1-noscale.jpg

#148 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

1. Yes, you should be more than fine. 

2. Money and it's Nintendo. I expect the $80 package to be hard to find thus forcing people into buying two JoyCons separately to spend more money.

3. The Amiibo's mostly collect dust on a shelf, but will add some content to the game. I am not sure what that content is, but if the past Amiibo support is any indication it won't be worthwhile content.

1. should be fine from my understanding with the joy grip.

2. I highly recommend buying the package joy-cons for $80, like the other poster said they will be most be hard to find later

3. it isn't the breath of wild amiibo since I've haven't seen any note on what they might do yet but the 30th anniversary amiibo will do something.  http://nintendo.tumb...sary-amiibo-are

http://www.polygon.c...e-wild-function

Thank you both for your responses - much appreciated!!

#149 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

Later in 2017:

"Xenoblade, slated for 2017 release, will be delayed until 2018." -- Nintendo.

The following year ...

"Xenoblade, slated for 2018 release, will be delayed until 2019." -- Nintendo

The following year ...

"Xenoblade will debut on the new Nintendo GameJoy Console in 2020." -- Nintendo

Two years between X and 2 seems reasonable to me if they're using the same engine as X. Monolith Soft does a pretty good job at cranking out games, so I could see it being released this year. I don't see it getting delayed into development hell.

#150 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Also lol look at the Wii U Gamepad. I love ya, but you're a clunky piece of sh**.

Yeah, I find it super cumbersome, as I have really small hands, and every time I pick it up to play, I think "Clunky POS" as well. LOL

I know a few years back, there was a picture from a Direct or something, that was rumored to be a gamepad revision, but nothing ever came of it. I always hoped it was true, and that a slim Wii U was coming(smaller tablet, and a cheaper price), but I guess maybe that picture was what turned in to the Switch, who knows for sure?