* * * * * 2 votes

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

#151 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

Why are people acting like E3 isn't going to happen?
Nintendo is notorious for announcing games on E3 that come out that very year
while MS & Sony are showing you games you'll play 3 years from now. :-

Why do you act like Nintendo is any different. Xenoblade was announced E3 2013 and came out in 2015. Star Fox Zero was announced E3 2014 and came out 2 years later. Zelda was announced at E3 2014. When does that come out again? All companies do it.

#152 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Later in 2017: 

"Xenoblade, slated for 2017 release, will be delayed until 2018." -- Nintendo. 

The following year ... 

"Xenoblade, slated for 2018 release, will be delayed until 2019." -- Nintendo

The following year ... 

"Xenoblade will debut on the new Nintendo GameJoy Console in 2020." -- Nintendo

So many games...but will the ports be good?

Will certain games be better in higher def/4K on the Xbone or PS4?

We'll see.

Just by looking at the list, I'm interested in:

Zelda, Binding of Isaac, I am Setsuna, HR Manager, Has Been Heroes, Mario Kart 8, Constructor, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Star Dew Valley, the SNK games (if they're cheap), Jackbox Party Pack, and Dragon Quest X and XI

#153 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

Why do you act like Nintendo is any different. Star Fox Zero was announced E3 2014 and came out 2 years later. Zelda was announced at E3 2014. When does that come out again? All companies do it.

"N" is the worst, and always has been. At least Sony & MS now have games where the level of details is mind boggling, so a few years is proper time with the work involved.

"N" takes years to release the same games they released a few years before. How the hell it takes them so long to release a new MK, every cycle, with the same game play is a joke. MK should be an annual release like CoD, add some new tracks, and characters, and rake in the cash.

#154 tonyvx  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

Grey console in stock at Walmart:

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

#155 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:48 PM

Of course they will. It'll be down the line though. The possibilities of special edition consoles on top of that is exciting. Pikachu Yellow anyone?
Also Lol at those guys that said hardware upgrades for the Switch wasn't a possibility.

I literally got attacked and called a troll for suggesting the idea of updated switch hardware in the future by some crazy fanboys. Because they said nintendo would never update a home console. Now that nintendo has said they would I know they have egg on their faces. lol!

Honestly I hope they go all the way. Do special edition joy cons & docks with unique colors and designs. Fire Emblem & Monster Hunter editions would be great.

#156 Zacky  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Many Switch accessories previously sold out are available at Best Buy.com right now.  Like pro controller, charging grip, red/blue joy-con, etc. Just ordered a charging grip myself.

#157 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1298 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

So many games...but will the ports be good?

Will certain games be better in higher def/4K on the Xbone or PS4?

We'll see.

Just by looking at the list, I'm interested in:

Zelda, Binding of Isaac, I am Setsuna, HR Manager, Has Been Heroes, Mario Kart 8, Constructor, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Star Dew Valley, the SNK games (if they're cheap), Jackbox Party Pack, and Dragon Quest X and XI

Looks over at MVS and stack of games.....interesting idea, if they are 2-player with individual joy-cons

#158 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

I bought the same one for my original VITA a few years back & it was the best Screen Protector I ever bought.

Anti-Fingerprints basically means anti-oil. If these had a matte finish they would even be better that would mean anti glare too. Blue filter is nice but that doesn't bother me it's all of the fingerprints. The cheapo US ones I've seen for $10 are just plastic films which you'll eventually find on ebay x5 for $2 but you'll be wiping your screen every 5 mins and deal with bubbles probably  =;

Tempered Glass is fine but if it doesn't have anti-oil they're actually worse than the plastic films. I have a Tempered Glass one on my phone that's also anti-glare & oil but it wasn't all that cheap.

This tempered glass even states that its coated against fingerprints.

https://smile.amazon... tempered glass

#159 NeoMonk  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

This tempered glass even states that its coated against fingerprints.

https://smile.amazon... tempered glass

If it was a quality item they wouldn't give you 2 for $8

#160 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

Grey console in stock at Walmart:

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

Son of a shit nuggets.

I'm at work...ordering it...so, takes a few minutes. Have to create an account...

And unlike most other sites that reserve the item for a short time while you check out...not Wal-Mart.

I hit the checkout button and out of stock!

Dammit

#161 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3687 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:27 PM

Son of a shit nuggets.

I'm at work...ordering it...so, takes a few minutes. Have to create an account...

And unlike most other sites that reserve the item for a short time while you check out...not Wal-Mart.

I hit the checkout button and out of stock!

Dammit

Almost no site reserves the item as you check out.

#162 Snowball21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:54 PM

Do we know if Disgaea 5 is limited to NIS America's site? I don't really care for the collectors edition, but a Amazon or BB discount would be preferred.

#163 Moxieman  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

In case you don't check the gamestop thread, they say there will be a 50% trade bonus towards switch consoles games and accessories starting next Wednesday

#164 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

Do we know if Disgaea 5 is limited to NIS America's site? I don't really care for the collectors edition, but a Amazon or BB discount would be preferred.

According to their site, Limited editions are only through their store. Premium versions will be at other retailers which there isnt one for Disgaea 5

What's the difference between Limited Edition and Premium Edition?

Limited Edition sets come in a special collector’s box and include special bonus items along with the game. These sets are available only at the NISA Online Store and will not be reprinted.

Premium Edition sets come in a special collector’s box and include the bonus items just like the Limited Edition sets; however, these sets are available at other retailers as well.

#165 tonyvx  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

In case you don't check the gamestop thread, they say there will be a 50% trade bonus towards switch consoles games and accessories starting next Wednesday

Super helpful now that in-store consoles and worthwhile accessories are sold out. Damn you, Gamestop.

#166 DivineRamza  

DivineRamza

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

Super helpful now that in-store consoles and worthwhile accessories are sold out. Damn you, Gamestop.

If it weren't for the fact that Gamestop is the only retail outlet that still quasi-supports the Vita, I'd never step foot in that shithole.

#167 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

If it weren't for the fact that Gamestop is the only retail outlet that still quasi-supports the Vita, I'd never step foot in that shithole.

Yup. That and good trade in bonus

#168 DoctorZ  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:57 AM

I have officially 100% paid off my Nintendo Switch Pre-Order.

Debating if I should get a screen protector or just keep the zelda case I picked out.

Breath of Wild Master Edition comes with a case but I don't want to spend $120 just for some sword statue that is just going to sit around.

Tl;dr:

I have $120 budget limit for games + accessory now 

I can just get standard edition of zelda + bomberman r and get a decent case and protector screen.

#169 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3161 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:58 AM

Seriously. I stopped once they shut down Amazon gift cards with credit loophole. I only went in to flip games for Amazon credit. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#170 tonyvx  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:03 AM

Debating if I should get a screen protector or just keep the zelda case I picked out.

Breath of Wild Master Edition comes with a case but I don't want to spend $120 just for some sword statue that is just going to sit around.

Tl;dr:

I can just get standard edition of zelda + bomberman r and get a decent case and protector screen.

If you're not that into the Master Edition, just sell it and use that to buy the accessories you do want. If you don't have the spare money for both ahead of time, you can probably work out a trade with someone on here very, very easily. (You have the Master Edition sent to them, they have the things you want sent to you... or just money. Whichever.) I'm sure you'd make someone pretty happy.

#171 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:04 AM

Tl;dr:

I'll give you 140 for the master edition 🤣

#172 DoctorZ  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

I'll give you 140 for the master edition

Shipping ruins it

If you're not that into the Master Edition, just sell it and use that to buy the accessories you do want. If you don't have the spare money for both ahead of time, you can probably work out a trade with someone on here very, very easily. (You have the Master Edition sent to them, they have the things you want sent to you... or just money. Whichever.) I'm sure you'd make someone pretty happy.

I looked into selling it on ebay but after ebay/paypal fees + shipping ruins it.

I'll end up trading here 

#173 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4305 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:11 AM

Switch Pro Controller in stock at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5748618

#174 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2254 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

Thanks for that. Finally was able to pick one up.

#175 Vulsker  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:58 AM

Best Buy also has the Neon Joy Cons in stock for delivery. Got mine placed since my Amazon order went from release day to "we need more time to determine delivery"

#176 Motodisney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Motodisney

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:01 AM

Thanks! Wasn't sure they would come back before launch. I know GameStop has them but not interested in a bundle. I am surprised they've lasted this long.

#177 alljoy214  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

If anyone is thinking of cancelling their Switch preorder, and live in IL or STL, I am a buyer. Must meetup same day as picking up preorder. We can discuss compensation in DM. Thanks.

#178 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

"N" is the worst, and always has been. At least Sony & MS now have games where the level of details is mind boggling, so a few years is proper time with the work involved.

"N" takes years to release the same games they released a few years before. How the hell it takes them so long to release a new MK, every cycle, with the same game play is a joke. MK should be an annual release like CoD, add some new tracks, and characters, and rake in the cash.

I'm personally ok with them taking their time to get it right. To many companies rush out unfinished products. Nintendo at least has a good reputation with delivering a good product once they release it. If they annualized Mario Kart or Smash bro's it'd be the new Assassins creed and start crapping the bed in quality. It's bad enough we get a new COD every year that people convince themselves will be fantastic only for it to be the same thing again and again. We don't need Nintendo to annualized games. We just need them to look at all of their franchises and go down the list and develop a new title for them and start pumping them out. That'd leave enough time in between the next entry in the franchise. I don't know how many people have been waiting for a new Metroid let alone all of the characters that appear in Smash that haven't had their own title in some time. 

#179 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:24 AM

If anyone is thinking of cancelling their Switch preorder, and live in IL or STL, I am a buyer. Must meetup same day as picking up preorder. We can discuss compensation in DM. Thanks.

Not in IL or STL but I do have a spare amazon neon. Supposed to be release day delivery. Hit me up if interested.

#180 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3161 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:29 AM

I'm personally ok with them taking their time to get it right. To many companies rush out unfinished products. Nintendo at least has a good reputation with delivering a good product once they release it. If they annualized Mario Kart or Smash bro's it'd be the new Assassins creed and start crapping the bed in quality. It's bad enough we get a new COD every year that people convince themselves will be fantastic only for it to be the same thing again and again. We don't need Nintendo to annualized games. We just need them to look at all of their franchises and go down the list and develop a new title for them and start pumping them out. That'd leave enough time in between the next entry in the franchise. I don't know how many people have been waiting for a new Metroid let alone all of the characters that appear in Smash that haven't had their own title in some time.

Releasing the Switch before their online service is ready to go seems to be Nintendo rushing. One month to go and we have so many unknowns about the system.

They do release great finished games when they do though. You're right about that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk