Fallout Shelter Xbox Play Anywhere Title - Out Now

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Fallout%2BShelter.jpg

Fallout Shelter has been available on iOS & Android for a while and now it's available on Xbox and PC via being a Play Anywhere title. Game is free to play and includes achievements.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/Fallout-Shelter/9NBLGGH556N4?cid=majornelson&tduid=$2e345f4bab875347c3a246e772106255$$256380$$2459594$$te1Fq2FCseg-w8QKBrIVK_h9kQ4wRak40A$$$

Product Info:
Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Twitter: @BethesdaStudios / @bethesda / @Fallout

Having played the Android version for many months, I'm doing a whole lot better this time around than when I initially started playing this game. Now there's adventures, crafting and just the simple numbers that show how much you produce and how much your dweller's consume.  :razz:

Be careful when using the Play anywhere feature - make sure you completely exit the game on whatever version you are using before switching to the other. I left my Xbox in standby mode with it still "running" and played on my computer while I did other stuff. After a few hours, I went back to the Xbox and it basically continued from where I left off hours earlier and immediately auto saved, copying over the hours of work I put in on the computer. 

It wasn't a huge loss, but still annoying ton have wasted several hours of progress. 

Well yeah you can't be in two places at once. Sorry for your loss though lol. As someone who manically saves in every game, I feel your pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to take screen caps that were taken by the Xbox app on Win10 and share a link to it?  I feel the need to brag about a dweller that jumped out of a lunch box...

Eh, playing on Xbox and oddly enough every time I wanted to take a screenshot it didn't work. Like it'd bring the guide up on the left. I went to a different game and executed the screenshot UI perfectly so I don't know what's up.

I also ran into an odd bug where I'd look at my current quest goers and then couldn't back out of it. I had to use Quantum Cola to instantly reach the destination since I was just stuck in the adventure quest UI. Eh, not a big thing, just odd to happen and I have plenty of Quantum Colas atm.

To note, I wonder how the game determines you're ready for Deathclaws? Do you think it's the number of rooms you have, the levels of your dwellers or how and what weapons your vault is packing.

^ Pay attention to each dweller's attributes. Strength should go to Power Rooms, Agility should go to Food Rooms and Perception should go to Water Rooms. There's also a great little FAQ within the game, can be obtained by hitting B, then click on the 2nd from the bottom icon. With that menu you can see your inventory, FAQ and stats. Stats are hugely helpful to see how much of each resource you're making and how much you're consuming and it's a wonder this part was added and wasn't in the game initially. 

Don't expand too soon! So many times I had done that before so work on building your vault with the dwellers that you have, and then expand when you get all those preggos lol.

Also, make sure to plan your floors out well.  There are rooms that generate resources (Stimpaks, RadAway, Power, Food, Water, Crafting, etc.) and rooms that don't (Training rooms, Overseer's Office, Warehouse, Sex Dungeons, etc.).  When you get to the point where you have a few Mister Handy's, put them first on the floors where you generate resources and you can pretty much ignore the collection of those resources.

EDIT - I think I forget to add the actual point to my post.  Make sure to keep the resource generating rooms on the same floor so that you can maximize the efficient of the Mister Handy on that floor. :)

Thoroughly enjoying this game, barely played on iOS when it was released. Only dislike is sitting there with nothing to do sometimes.

Yeah, I usually drop in and do whatever and then go open up FH 3 for instance. Either that or I'm on my phone or, just recently I was reading the Oblivion CE lore book I found the other day when organizing my shit lol.

Yeah the game got an update recently. You'd think that the Activity Feed on the Game's Hub would have update notes.

I'm religiously going on three quests at a time and creating weapons and outfits now. Just got the last piece for one of the themes today. I was one globe short of creating it though, doh!

Another tip, for going out on quests.  If you get a level while fighting your way through a building, don't cash it in until your health is pretty low because it will heal you to full (minus any radiation damage).  It's like a free Stimpak, and I've run out of those on more than one occasion.

^Good Tip. Yeah something I've grown to take attention to, keep track of your dweller's XP bar. You may not have to throw away a Stimpack when they're about to level up so be aware of where they are in their level progression before you send them into a room to fight baddies.

FYI this week's Game Show Gauntlet had questions about Nuka-World. I got 1/4 right lol. Guess I need to get into that DLC in Fallout 4.

Yeah, another tip a few people over in the XBL Deals thread didn't know so I'll echo it here. Do the quest to find Cappy and Bottle as soon as you can. Afterwards they will visit your vault increasing your vault dweller's happiness as well as give you the chance of earning caps and a few Nuka-Cola Quantums as well. Select them when they dance in your vault room and receive their reward. This is a good supply of Quantums.

I'll send my dwellers out with 25 Stimpacks & 18 Radaways and they last a long time. Problem is sometimes you can come across a building which the game gives you the option to explore, will show a RB on top of a little map icon on the to left with the SFX of an incoming communication. Then you'll want as many Stimpacks as you can because you go through them like butter in combat outside of the quest log. Most of the time they're good loot there too. 

Yeah got a salvaged luck of the draw as all I needed was 1 wonderglue and after scrapping a good amount of junk I finally got one. So now I'm finally working on my first theme, achievement to unlock in about a day and a few hours to go!

4 Deathclaws, 1 lonely cabin and 4 Deathclaws. Maybe it was because my adventurer was level 50 but shit. She made it out of there with 13 Stimpacks too, and, Judy Baker (this was a character I found on a quest), she has been wandering the wastelands about a day and change before lol.

Got my vault to 200 vault dwellers, wasn't pushing towards it at the end as I was just picking up strangers and stragglers that answered my radio calls. There's about 5 more levels that I could build into but I really don't need to. Added one more weapons factory and after I stated crafting an Excited Institute Rifle (which uses Int stat for crafting time), I started putting more dwellers into the classroom to improve their Intelligence lol.

Also both my vault door guards have parrot pets (dmg resistance) lol so they can hold their own against anything now.

For some reason, the game sees fit to not give me very many opportunities to get pets.  I've gotten to the point where most of the achievements are unlocked and my guys are strong enough to kill the occasional Super Mutant, but I still have less than half a dozen pets unlocked.  Also, I've had people wandering the wastelands for days and I haven't gotten one of those random quests that pops up.  I've gotten one of those in the first minute of wandering around, but since I have an Objective based on that they've dried up.

^ Yeah, I have exactly 11 pets too. They're rewards from quests mostly. I just looked I have 68 rooms atm (was curious because I'm at 200 pop). Woo, power armor crafting started.

Update: Well I'm running out of quests to do lol. I guess that lines up with the fact that I have two rooms producing weapons, two rooms producing outfits and one room working on themes. A bunch of people are still training though so I do have reserves when I need them.

Interesting, I have a quest that will not load, Radiation Leaks. It just goes back to the vault as it fails to load the quest and if I try too many times, the whole game sends me back to the dashboard.  :wall:

^ I only play the game on a Windows 10 PC.  I tried playing a vault on the console that I started in Windows, but before I could get familiar with the controls I was being attacked by Raiders, so I panicked and closed the game and never booted it back up on the console.

Side note, does anyone know what the minimum for Endurance is to avoid taking Radiation damage?  I know it's more than 11 and probably less than 14 but I'm not sure.

Hmm, I decided to try that quest again and it finally loaded. No problem, and completed Radiation Leak. Weird

I didn't know vault dwellers who had more than 11 Endurance didn't take radiation. I figured they still did just at a much decreased rate over time.

I like Bottle and Cappy but I feel like they visit my vault too much lol. At times they're there and I'll get attacked by Deathclaws and I'm like well I wish I could select you guys but I'm a little f'n busy haha.

Hmm, I decided to try that quest again and it finally loaded. No problem, and completed Radiation Leak. Weird

I didn't know vault dwellers who had more than 11 Endurance didn't take radiation. I figured they still did just at a much decreased rate over time.

I like Bottle and Cappy but I feel like they visit my vault too much lol. At times they're there and I'll get attacked by Deathclaws and I'm like well I wish I could select you guys but I'm a little f'n busy haha.
I know that if you have E-11, it doesn't prevent random radiation damage while wandering the Wasteland.

I know that if you have E-14, those messages about damage still show up in your log but the damage is 0.

I know that it doesn't matter what E you have, you can still take radiation damage while fighting.

I also now know that if you have a guy with 10-10-10-10-10-10-10 SPECIAL and he has a behbeh with a girl that has 10-10-10-6-10-9-10, that this baby will still have shit stats (nothing higher than 3). Am I missing something there, or do those stats change when the behbeh grows up?

Lol, you got me. I think the biggest thing they think maybe is that you can't be pumping out super dwellers and it's a game balancing thing.

Fiiiiiinally got Scraptastic, now to sell all this stuff, so much stuff.

So after the March Update you can take screenshots in Fallout Shelter. I was curious and tried a test today.
[attachment=26143:3-30-2017_12-22-02_PM.png]

Woah, I got Moria in a daily objective lunchbox today. Only 19 more legendary characters. 😵

Yeah now I'm just doing the collect all resources, defend against attacks, check on quests' progress, send out dwellers, check up on the crafting items/objectives/sell junk daily routine.

Mopping up quests but believe it or not I'm stuck on the Find Coach quest because none if my level 50 characters have a luck stat of 7 lol. Get in there and gamble, bowl and play pool!

Spybreak9 said:
Yeah now I'm just doing the collect all resources, defend against attacks, check on quests' progress, send out dwellers, check up on the crafting items/objectives/sell junk daily routine.

Mopping up quests but believe it or not I'm stuck on the Find Coach quest because none if my level 50 characters have a luck stat of 7 lol. Get in there and gamble, bowl and play pool!
Doing this is monotonous, but I'm making all my dwellers 70-SPECIAL. I've been neglecting quests and only have a few out wandering the Wasteland at a time, but they tend to roll over everything they encounter. :)

Just got prompted for an update on this game today. Started it up afterwards and got a notification upfront, after I collected my daily evaluation, saying there's a new Starter Pack in the store. Lol, a little fn late for that.
Pack includes:
1 Legendary Char
2 Rare Dwellers
1 Legendary Pet
1 Mr. Handy
Nuka Cola Quantum

Limited 1 per vault.

Looks to be new quests too.

My phone version of the game notified me that the Horsemen of the Post-Apocalypse questsline was added in the latest update. I was done with that version but still get notifications from it it seems lol.

Yaaay, I got Armed & Dangerous today, after I crafted a legendary weapon. Badink!

And collected a legendary outfit I crafted today, Fashion Statement unlocks. Coolio.

bread's done
Back